Bringing wine/champagne onboard?

OK,OK...I know you all are sick of this, but I keep hearing/seeing conflicting info.

In the past, we brought on several bottles of wine in our luggage. Now I hear that you can only carry on 1 bottle/pp....then I just heard that you can't bring any!! I don't want to do the wrong thing, but I would like to bring on a nice bottle of champagne to celebrate my daughter's law school graduation...

What is the right answer? I can't find it anywhere, and yes, I did the "search" here on CC.

The 1-bottle-per-person is a Carnival rule. Royal Caribbean has almost the same rule, but the '1' is a '0'.

It's ridiculous! Every other line lets you bring, at the very LEAST one bottle/pp.

I just brought a case of wine onto Princess for a 14 night sailing.

Well, I guess since RCL does not want to treat its loyal customers as adults, I will no longer sail with them after this cruise(my 10th RCL cruise). I will cruise with those cruise lines that show this 59 year old some respect.

Also no problem with Princess.

I know...just checked a case of wine, along with our luggage, for our 14 night Grand Princess cruise. We paid our $15 corkage fee when we brought a bottle to dinner each night.

And just last week when I was speaking to the customer rep about my cruise when she asked if there was anything else? Well, I said yes, to please suggest that we be allowed to bring wine on board as Princess does. Well I received an email back from RCCL stating it is not allowed and no change of policy will be made!

It's ridiculous! Every other line lets you bring, at the very LEAST one bottle/pp.

I just brought a case of wine onto Princess for a 14 night sailing.

Well, I guess since RCL does not want to treat its loyal customers as adults, I will no longer sail with them after this cruise(my 10th RCL cruise). I will cruise with those cruise lines that show this 59 year old some respect.

So after 10 RCL cruises you still don't know you can't bring alcohol on board? Odd. In any event, you can order all the wine and champagne you want and have it delivered to your cabin.

So after 10 RCL cruises you still don't know you can't bring alcohol on board? Odd. In any event, you can order all the wine and champagne you want and have it delivered to your cabin.

We have brought it on many times in the past without a problem or issue. Not odd! :rolleyes:

We have brought it on many times in the past without a problem or issue. Not odd! :rolleyes:

Not odd...just lucky...RCL no alcohol rule has been in effect for quite some time...:rolleyes:

Sounds like they've got you on their NO ALCOHOL LIST !!!

For what they charge for a bottle of wine, checking a case of wine times how many pax is ALOT of money to them.

I just read your other post. A bottle of champagne to a case of wine is a huge difference.

I know...just checked a case of wine, along with our luggage, for our 14 night Grand Princess cruise. We paid our $15 corkage fee when we brought a bottle to dinner each night.

This has been in effect and enforced for several years so get over it or change cruise lines.:(

Nine completed cruises, 6 years and 3,700 posts on the Cruise Critic website, clearly explained policy on the RCCL website - I think the OP just wants to complain and start another topic on a subject she feels strongly about. :rolleyes:

Want champagne for DD? Order it from Gifts and Gear they will be happy to deliver it to your stateroom.

Happy sailing.

I usually cruise Princess and most often carry a few bottles of wine on...and in Europe we have enjoyed buying wine in the ports and having a glass before dinner...;)

I just sailed on the Freedom, and all we carried on was bottled water. Frankly, I thought the prices charged onboard for wine, mixed drinks, beer etc seemed very high on Royal Caribbean. It was my stepdaugher and my joke not to grab one of those frozen drinks of the day off the waiters tray as the little sign on the tray said that they were over $8!!

You can also bring on 2 bottles(even the 1/5 liters) on Celebrity and that is per person!!:D

We carried it in our carryons......they stopped us.........thought"oh great~ we aren't allowed":rolleyes:.........but the guy say yes,you can.........they were just checking our water bottles(I guess for alcohol)......

OK,OK...I know you all are sick of this, but I keep hearing/seeing conflicting info....

Really? Where? There is no conflicting info. The official website spells it out more-than-clearly.

It's ridiculous! Every other line lets you bring, at the very LEAST one bottle/pp.... I will cruise with those cruise lines that show this 59 year old some respect.

Well, enjoy your other lines, seriously. You know the rules for sailing on Royal. You absolutely know.

Nine completed cruises, 6 years and 3,700 posts on the Cruise Critic website, clearly explained policy on the RCCL website - I think the OP just wants to complain and start another topic on a subject she feels strongly about. :rolleyes:

Indeed.

every rccl cruise i have been on we packed a bottle of rum for the balcony and never had an issue but now see that we can be refused passage!?! this is absurd and while i understand there are many "good" folks out there, this guy finds a glass of captain w/ a splash of cola on ice while sitting on my balcony is a great part of why i cruise & pay for the balcony. rccl needs to decide if they want to be a premier cruise line or another "disney" experience...

every rccl cruise i have been on we packed a bottle of rum for the balcony and never had an issue but now see that we can be refused passage!?! this is absurd and while i understand there are many "good" folks out there, this guy finds a glass of captain w/ a splash of cola on ice while sitting on my balcony is a great part of why i cruise & pay for the balcony. rccl needs to decide if they want to be a premier cruise line or another "disney" experience...

You can get such a drink any time you want, at any bar. Take it back to your cabin, go out on your balcony, and voilá! Your wish is fulfilled.

:rolleyes:

Princess does not allow you to bring a case...They only allow 1 bottle per person per cruise. The OP doesn't respect the rules but wishes for Royal Caribbean to respect her.:rolleyes:

Oh my! :rolleyes:

Princess does allow one to bring a case. We just did it, as several others have done. I did not sneak a case of wine onboard. I checked it with my luggage. I paid the $15 corkage fee when we brought a bottle to dinner.

It was a non-issue.

Want champagne for DD? Order it from Gifts and Gear they will be happy to deliver it to your stateroom.

Happy sailing.

Which is what I am going to do...order it onboard. It's not my first choice in champagne, but I guess it will do.

I don't think you will find one instance where a non confrontational passenger has been denied boarding because they tried to smuggle booze.

Be prepared to lose your bottle if they find it though.

Really? Where? There is no conflicting info. The official website spells it out more-than-clearly.

Well, enjoy your other lines, seriously. You know the rules for sailing on Royal. You absolutely know.

Indeed.

The conflicting reports I was getting were on CC. I haven't sailed much on RCL in the last few years and I came to CC for information because folks are usually knowledgable and happy to help. I was merely asking, because we have brought wine and champagne onboard before without a problem. Our room stewards have even provide champagne buckets with ice.

There is no need for the rudeness...you couldn't possibly know, that "I absolutely know". If I absolutely knew, would I be asking? And no, I am not trying to start trouble, I am just disappointed that a fine cruise line would prohibit one from bringing on a nice bottle of wine/champagne, as the other lines allow.

Again, I was stating that I, as all of you do, have a choice in whom we choose to sail with and that RCL was not going to be my first choice. I love their ships, I think that are stylish and beautiful, but if I desire to bring on some fine wine or champagne while sailing, I will have to choose another line.

No harm, no foul. I wasn't mean to anyone on here, and I don't know why I got such hostility from other posters on here....I guess I forgot how some people can be.

Archived