Price increase Elite Lounge

jerwick

I am trying to remember what ship it was on that the price was $4.99 and we were also disappointed, getting a little to high for us too. Then the next ship we were on it was back to $3.99 (different ship from the earlier cruise). Well I am now curious to see how much it will be on the Star this month.

It was $5 + tip on the Star in March.

(an actual $5, not $4.99)

It was 5 dollars in the elite lounge (skywalkers) on the Star last April, never been offered a 3.99 drink during the evening get together for Elite cruisers of which I am one. Same on the Golden twice last year to Hawaii, 5 dollars! They must see dollar signs when they see me coming,:eek: We are on the Star in November and the Grand next April, I will definitely inquire about lower drink prices during "happy hour":cool:

so is there always a Platinum/Elite lounge on all Princess ships - this is our first cruise as Platinum and had not heard of it before?? We will be on the Sea Princess in December.

The Sea, Sun and Dawn sailing out of Australia do not have a platinum/elite lounge.

The great thing about life is that we can all look at the same situation and see so many different things! I don't have alot of money(and never will thanks to our love of cruising) but still fail to see the huge problem caused if in fact those drink specials go to $5.00. That price is still cheaper then any land based location with the same atmosphere. Add to that the appetizers and fellow cruisers and you have a wonderful combination. I rarely order the special(a martini guy at that time of the evening) while my wife will occasionally order it. We don't go to "save a buck"....we go to meet fellow cruisers, share some stories, make new friends and create new memories. Two people at two drinks each=$4. Two people at two drinks for seven nights=$28. Plus 15%=$32.20. The overall experience=priceless!! Where we live thats basically lunch for two without drinks at a nice restaurant. I'm just saying........

The great thing about life is that we can all look at the same situation and see so many different things! I don't have alot of money(and never will thanks to our love of cruising) but still fail to see the huge problem caused if in fact those drink specials go to $5.00. That price is still cheaper then any land based location with the same atmosphere. Add to that the appetizers and fellow cruisers and you have a wonderful combination. I rarely order the special(a martini guy at that time of the evening) while my wife will occasionally order it. We don't go to "save a buck"....we go to meet fellow cruisers, share some stories, make new friends and create new memories. Two people at two drinks each=$4. Two people at two drinks for seven nights=$28. Plus 15%=$32.20. The overall experience=priceless!! Where we live thats basically lunch for two without drinks at a nice restaurant. I'm just saying........

My comments about price was just a generality and an observation. My opinion. I go there and never order the drink special. Why? Because I don't do booze. I drink wine only. As for the appetizers, not my thing either. So yes, we go to socialize and money has nothing to do with it.

I was iffy with it when it was $2.99. I thought they were ridiculous when they raised it to $3.99. Now at $5.00, watch for the whole lounge option to disappear entirely.

My feeling's exactly...

It's becoming less special by the day

Pete

One of my peeves about the lounge is the price of wine. I do not drink hard liquor but

like a glass of wine or two in the lounge. I would like to see that price be the same

as dod.

Just a rant, I tell the host or hostess my gripe on every ship. But nothing is ever done.

Greg

I've heard that on the Grand, the lounge is for Elites only, not Platinum members. Anyone with recent experience?

When the lounge concept was first introduced, it was only for elite and suite status.

However, often it was almost empty on many voyages so they added platinum to the list of those who could attend.

I don't think anyone's complaining specificly about the $5.00 cost of the drink. But rather that the original concept was to offer a perk to Elites and the $2.99 appeared only to be a off set of the cost of the perk (Btw..I'm also Elite on Celebrity and the evening cocktails are free in the Elite lounge), then at $3.99 it obviously became a profit center for Princess, and now at $5.00 it can hardly be called any kind of perk anymore.

Also..IMO the cost of cocktails in my hometown, or anywhere else is not the point, but rather the demise of yet another perk for those of us who support Princess the most.

I'm also .. Just saying :)

Srpilo

The price was $3.99 on the Sapphire in July. At $2.99, my hubby and I were motivated to go and buy. At $3.99, I wasn't too excited because none of the drinks were really appealing to me to begin with. At $5.00, I'd buy myself my drink of choice for a little more $ and forget about the Elite lounge! I appreciate the concept, and on every cruise, we plan on attending because of the culinary offerings, but we hardly ever end up making it there.

I don't think anyone's complaining specificly about the $5.00 cost of the drink. But rather that the original concept was to offer a perk to Elites and the $2.99 appeared only to be a off set of the cost of the perk (Btw..I'm also Elite on Celebrity and the evening cocktails are free in the Elite lounge), then at $3.99 it obviously became a profit center for Princess, and now at $5.00 it can hardly be called any kind of perk anymore.

Also..IMO the cost of cocktails in my hometown, or anywhere else is not the point, but rather the demise of yet another perk for those of us who support Princess the most.

Srpilo

Srpilo

And on top of all that its a different price on every ship. :rolleyes:

Srpilo

Bravo to you!

I am in complete agreement with you and the others that have posted here. It is not a mater of price but rather a mater of Princess tipping their corporate hat to those of us that have supported the cruise line for many years with our brand loyalty.

I for one was very disappointed when this perk was watered down by Princess by adding the Platinum crowd several years ago. They seem to have made an exclusive event a self supporting profit center.

Can one just go and enjoy the snacks and company if one does not drink?

Bravo to you!

I am in complete agreement with you and the others that have posted here. It is not a mater of price but rather a mater of Princess tipping their corporate hat to those of us that have supported the cruise line for many years with our brand loyalty.

I for one was very disappointed when this perk was watered down by Princess by adding the Platinum crowd several years ago. They seem to have made an exclusive event a self supporting profit center.

They more or less were forced into added the Plats. At the onset when it was only Elite and Suite, the venue each evening was basically empty. We would go and sometimes only one or two other couples would be there.

Archived