Price increase Elite Lounge

jerwick

They more or less were forced into added the Plats. At the onset when it was only Elite and Suite, the venue each evening was basically empty. We would go and sometimes only one or two other couples would be there.

I agree. We found the same light response to be the case usually early in each cruise. As people realized that it was available it seems more people attend.

I have always thought that if people were invited by the Hostess and the Senior Staff were asked to attended and speak with those attending it would be better received.

This was offered on the Ocean Princess at the end of August. The DOD was $3.99. On the day we attended, DH ordered the DOD, a mojito and I ordered a Manhattan which was $5. We could not order these drinks at home for anywhere near that price.

Now, the OP only holds about 700 passengers. Of that, 51 were elite and 151 were platinum. The venues were by no means crowded or packed with greedy platinum drinkers. Maybe the elite and suite passengers are drinking their free minibar set-ups in their cabins and not coming to the lounge?

We observed a couple who came into the lounge (which was Sabatini's or the Steakhouse on deck 10 with knockout views) and left because they thought the drinks were free.

In our case, we don't typically order from the bars and do order bottles of wine with dinner, so Princess made $10 more from us than they normally would. Now that we tried it, we will be inclined to do it again.

How busy the lounge is depends on the cruise and how many Platinum/Elite there are. On the Star in March, the entire Skywalkers was so busy that we waited until 6pm to go there because otherwise, there wouldn't be a seat or barstool anywhere. We still found ourselves sharing a table or area with people we didn't know because there wasn't anywhere else to sit. Met some nice people that way. :) On this cruise, I think if they'd limited it to just Elite it still would have been very busy.

FYI, I would much rather have my set-up in the cabin (which I switch out for Sprite Zero) than a free drink in the lounge.

I will be on the Emerald in January and for the first time as Platinum. How do you find out where the lounge is and its hours? Is it posted in the Patter?
You should receive a separate invitation showing the hours, drink of the day and the food "action station" for each day. Hours are typically 5:00 to 7:00 and should be in Skywalkers on the Emerald.

You should receive a separate invitation showing the hours, drink of the day and the food "action station" for each day. Hours are typically 5:00 to 7:00 and should be in Skywalkers on the Emerald.

The card should be in your cabin on embarkation day.

It looks like the one shown below.

If it is not there, see the Captain's Circle reptrdrntative to get one.

2984012980016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

My Mom is platinum and there has been a card delivered with the drink listed for each night. She never went. But can I go with her as we are sailing together in the same cabin?

Thanks

Yes, but to get the special price on the drink of the day, it needs to go on her cruise card.

On a recent Grand Cruise we used the lounge every night before dinner and often had the cocktail of the day and pre- dinner nibbles.

The price of the drink was not of great relevance to us, you do not have to purchase the deal of the day .

The joy for us was being able to have a drink in a relaxed environment , chatting to a variety of interesting people , with sea views as we sailed away port towards the open sea.

Do they have Elite lounge and drink of the day on the Australian ships eg Dawn, if so what are the prices like as reading this thread, it seems prices vary from ship to ship?

We´ve always used this facility on our cruises, but the number of people using the lounge fluctuates quite a bit. On our last sailing they didn´t have sushi. One ship, I think it was Star in Feb they did wondeful caramelised walnuts

Sandy in Spain

My comments about price was just a generality and an observation. My opinion. I go there and never order the drink special. Why? Because I don't do booze. I drink wine only. As for the appetizers, not my thing either. So yes, we go to socialize and money has nothing to do with it.

Actually my post had absolutely nothing to do with your post or your opinion. My post was simply a spin on how I view the subject....nothing more....nothing less.

On a recent Grand Cruise we used the lounge every night before dinner and often had the cocktail of the day and pre- dinner nibbles.

The price of the drink was not of great relevance to us, you do not have to purchase the deal of the day .

The joy for us was being able to have a drink in a relaxed environment , chatting to a variety of interesting people , with sea views as we sailed away port towards the open sea.

I have tried the lounge on several sailings and found it "underwhelming".

As have we.

Different strokes and all... we definitely look forward to the Lounge, 'specially the steak tartare and Stilton cheese days. As umbertsmum notes, part of the experience is the relaxed atmosphere with great views and some good 'nosh.

Archived