Why the lanyards?

nicster

I've never used a lanyard for my cruise card. All of my shorts have pockets, and I always make sure that my swim suits have a pocket that zips or has a full velcro closure (not just a little tab of velcro).

When we took my 85-year-old mother-in-law on a cruise this past March, I got her cruise card punched so that she could wear it on her lanyard. She's used to wearing one at her retirement apartment. She had some outfits that did not have pockets, so the lanyard was convenient for her as well.

We do not use lanyards, and do not like the way they look.

I put the cruise card in my pocket, and if my outfit does not have a pocket, my husband's pocket will do. Neither of us, nor our kids, have ever lost or deactivated our Sea Pass this way.

We do not use lanyards, and do not like the way they look.

I put the cruise card in my pocket, and if my outfit does not have a pocket, my husband's pocket will do. Neither of us, nor our kids, have ever lost or deactivated our Sea Pass this way.

Ditto to that !!!

My OH can lose all his possessions between the balcony and the bedside table.....:rolleyes: I wish I'd a £ for every time he's misplaced his card- never replaced, as I've always found it by a bit of logical thinking....

A lanyard solved one problem- now, what to do at home with car keys, ccs, phones.....(yawn)....:confused:

Jo.

We found wearing the lanyards to be a bit of a conversation starter on our cruise in Australia. Walking around a port, nice older gentleman out in his yard - "Oh, are you from the ship? Are you from America? Hope you're enjoying your trip to Australia." Etc.

Since I already have a camera around my neck the lanyard sometimes isn't that obvious.

I am curious, do people use the lanyards for convenience sake, or is there an advantage to showing your loyalty program status? We are elite with Princess Cruise Lines, would we get better service if our black cards were hanging around our necks:confused:

We have used lanyards for many years not to show the color of our card but so that we don't have to carry anything else around with us. We go to pool, dinner, shows, shops, even ashore and really don't need anything else and are not tied to carrying a purse or worrying about the card falling out of our pocket. Of course when going ashore I think its always wise to bring additionally a VISA card and my passport as I always worry about what I would do if I were left behind in a foreign Country. If you have those 3 things your ready for anything!

I am curious, do people use the lanyards for convenience sake, or is there an advantage to showing your loyalty program status? We are elite with Princess Cruise Lines, would we get better service if our black cards were hanging around our necks:confused:

I wear a staff card at work on a lanyard and even if I don't think it's very stylish I do admit it is extremely handy (also on a cruise).

I've been planning to make my own lanyard so it could be both handy and stylish :D

As I wear a lot of dresses that don't have pockets I need somewhere to keep the card.

I quite like the lanyards for around the ship during the day but wouldnt wear it at night in my 'good clothes'! lol

I also think its quite cool collecting different lanyards from different ships.

Steve

Agree with the day time / night time difference but for different reasons. (I assume) I have not been able to find earings to match. :D Also have a collection of lanyards due to forgetting to recycle from one cruise to the next. Colleen

Archived