What do we want on the new ship?

bishop84

What would Cruise Critic members like to see on the new Pinnacle Class? The hint at more culinary and entertianment venues in the press release is interesting.

I thought the Promenade Deck on the new Carnival ships which is unobstructed by the lifeboats might be an interesting feauture. A nice wide deck to lounge on and watch the seas go by with a coffee shop and no maintenance going on with the lifeboats directly above you! (Yes they still have lifeboats but they are underneath the promenade deck!)

Let's see..... What would I like on Pinnacle ships?

Drawers - I really miss all the drawers we have on "S" and "R" class ships when we go to Vista and Signature. They took away a full nine and left us with three and an empty space where at least 3 could be.

HAL's wrap around Promenade.

Tamarind, Pinnacle, a GOOD Italian restaurant, No smoking on verandas, slightly wider passage space between tables and service line in Lido, no reduction in size of cabins and verandas, adequate crew to be able to provide wonderful HAL service without working to exhaustion.........

Drawers - I really miss all the drawers we have on "S" and "R" class ships when we go to Vista and Signature. They took away a full nine and left us with three and an empty space where at least 3 could be.

Tamarind, Pinnacle, a GOOD Italian restaurant, No smoking on verandas, slightly wider passage space between tables and service line in Lido, no reduction in size of cabins and verandas, adequate crew to be able to provide wonderful HAL service without working to exhaustion.........

Yes, Yes, & still more YES!! You've nailed my wish list.

What would Cruise Critic members like to see on the new Pinnacle Class? The hint at more culinary and entertianment venues in the press release is interesting.

I thought the Promenade Deck on the new Carnival ships which is unobstructed by the lifeboats might be an interesting feauture. A nice wide deck to lounge on and watch the seas go by with a coffee shop and no maintenance going on with the lifeboats directly above you! (Yes they still have lifeboats but they are underneath the promenade deck!)

Agree with all yours & Sails suggestions..Also would like another electrical outlet in the main cabin by the bed & one more lower in the bathroom for my electric tooth brush, which I now must charge at the one outlet at the desk..

Cheers...:)Betty

Agreed although I am not unhappy with the Italian restaurant they have - more innovative dining venues like the Tamarind.

They should hire Canadians to work at the Front Office. I have seen them on X and confrontation potential drops dramatically eh.

Venues opening and closing timetables don't have to be operated to the millisecond.

Free glass of champagne on boarding...smooths over ruffled feathers when boarding is slow/annoying...which is happening more often it seems.

Officers and Captain should be more visible, and by visible I don't mean taking up tables in busy alternate dining venues.

Ensure lifeboats can realistically support the number of passengers they are rated for.

Sell pens in the shops on board.

Require signing for ALL purchases on board.

Must have HAL's Promenade Deck or I don't go. I would prefer cabin's on that deck (as in R & S class ships) - :( but I don't see that happening.

Crow's Nest with that wonderful wraparound window seating - with the seating facing the windows! I hate sitting there looking backwards to see where we are going. And please get rid of those ridiculous recliners. :eek:

No smoking except on one side of the outdoor Promenade and the aft pool bar area.

More seating in the Lido and better designed service lines there.

Mainly, I would hope for all HAL ships to invest in more servers in the MDR, so they can go back to providing the HAL service we experienced on our first three cruises - instead of the servers looking like they are 30 seconds from having a breakdown due to overload of tables.

All that said – I'm not sure we would book this ship due to size.

Must have HAL's Promenade Deck or I don't go. I would prefer cabin's on that deck (as in R & S class ships) - :( but I don't see that happening.

Crow's Nest with that wonderful wraparound window seating - with the seating facing the windows! I hate sitting there looking backwards to see where we are going. And please get rid of those ridiculous recliners. :eek:

No smoking except on one side of the outdoor Promenade and the aft pool bar area.

More seating in the Lido and better designed service lines there.

Mainly, I would hope for all HAL ships to invest in more servers in the MDR, so they can go back to providing the HAL service we experienced on our first three cruises - instead of the servers looking like they are 30 seconds from having a breakdown due to overload of tables.

All that said – I'm not sure we would book this ship due to size.

Wrap around promenade decks are a staple on all HAL Ships.

Separate food stations in the Lido' date=' much like the newer Celebrity ships have. So much more civilized, and much easier to navigate when each is a separate 'island' from the others.[/quote']

Don't they already have this on the Vistas and Signature ships?

Interactive TV's for checking your account and making reservations etc, etc

...and ordering room service! (I know, "etc, etc" sort of covers that, but I really liked that specific feature on Celebrity). Would save trips to the customer service desk for copies of bills! :D

Must have a wrap-around promenade, with the traditional wooden loungers.

George'sGal makes a great point about the stations in the buffet on Celebrity ships... I rarely saw lines of people waiting. The stations covered specialty offerings and regional/cultural offerings and made finding what you wanted easy! The soft-serve ice cream stations were always in use but at the same time, never busy as they had more than one.

Only if the extra food venues don't decrease the size of the Lido buffet and MDR would I want to see more of these. I've seen where some ships carve out buffet space to create separate food venues and it really just causes extra crowding everywhere. I would like to see a nice sports pub on board too.

Lastly, as English_in_Spain states... ME TOO!

Don't they already have this on the Vistas and Signature ships?

Maybe they mean something even more separated but I like it fine the way Vista and Signature Class ships have a sandwich station, a salad bar, cheese/crackers and fruit section, the main hot food line, a section for Italian pastas and lasagna etc, ice cream and precut desserts servings..... That for Lunch, of course. We don't do Lido breakfast or diner but it is similar in that there are stations.

Seems to me that is adequate separation.

with great air evacuation. A real supper club like they have on Carnival. A lounge for Superior suites like Neptune. Better on board shopping. Fans on the balconies.

Why not just a larger Neptune to accommodate all suite passengers---that would be cheaper to operate than two private lounges.

Agree on the shopping. Stock clothing items a person might actually buy.

Why not just a larger Neptune to accommodate all suite passengers---that would be cheaper to operate than two private lounges.

Agree on the shopping. Stock clothing items a person might actually buy.

IMO, Making Neptune large enough to include a great many more cabins takes away from it what it is meant to be.

It just becomes another stand in long line, noisy, crowded public space.

If they continue to charge the considerable difference in price for Deluxe Veranda and PS, they have to continue offering something special for all that additional money. Why would we continue to pay all those high prices if they dillute the offerings even more than they already have?

There would a point when they went too far and they will have to sell all those deluxe suites for the price of "SS'. Why would anyone pay those fancy prices if there is little special they are getting for their money?

Archived