$ for air to Barcelona

maggieq

Hi,

I have been checking airfare for our cruise in May from EWR to BCN. I keep getting around $1200 to $1300. Is this the norm for non stop air from NYC area to Barcelona? I think it's very high but figured I would ask and see.

Thanks!

that sounds great to me! I am looking at July EWR to BCN and the cost nonstop (United) is $1778!!!! One stop is $1518.

I did notice that May seemed alot cheaper when I tried a few different dates. I think that once school is out the price skyrockets. Enjoy the bargain.:)

I just paid $801 out of Miami on TA Portugal for late May 2013 (which is the beginning of "season"). There is one brief stop in Lisbon. We leave MIA at 10:30 pm and arrive Lisbon at 11:45 am (their time). We depart Lisbon at 1:00 pm and arrive Barcelona 3:45 pm (their time) total time 10 hours but I will spend a lot of that sleeping between MIA and Lisbon!

Hi,

I have been checking airfare for our cruise in May from EWR to BCN. I keep getting around $1200 to $1300. Is this the norm for non stop air from NYC area to Barcelona? I think it's very high but figured I would ask and see.

Thanks!

Geez, I think that is pretty high.

I don't know which dates you will be traveling, but just checking EWR to BCN on KAYAK's "Best Fare Found" calendar for May, I find flights from a low of $750 to a high of $881.

I just booked a multicity (PRG-DEN & DEN-VCE) on British Airways (I used the TripAdvisor/Vayama site) for $1015 pp very early this AM. :) Scored outstanding connections (there is no such animal as a nonstop from Prague to Denver or from Denver to Venice)!!

I would keep checking. If you check early in the morning on Tuesdays, that is when the airlines post their discounted fares. The good fares don't last for long, but if you were to "hop on them" right away, I think you could do much better that $1200 - $1300.

JMHO

There are definitely nonstops in the $900 range.

jill

Hi,

Thanks!

For a nonstop from the east coast, that's about right! We're paying around that for our PHL to Venice, and then home from BCN to PHL, in June!

Hi,

Thanks!

We flew open jaw from Jacksonville, FLA to Paris, then BCN to JaX for $1200 last May.

A couple of observations......

you could be restricting your possibilities by looking at EWR only (e.g. I have flights booked for next March with US Air to FLL -via Phillie- for less than USD 700. Normally I go thru EWR with United, but prices were crazy).

Check Aer Lingus from JFK to BCN. they are currently around USD 800 for dates in May. They allow you to break your flight in Ireland for a few days if you want.

The summer months are going to be higher priced. But by choosing TA Portugal over other carriers, I saved about $400 per ticket. Their flight times can be difficult, but if you look hard enough, you can find a good one.

Air Berlin has great prices but horrible flight times from Florida - they may be better from up North. The flights I found took between 24 and 26 hours.

Also take a look at Air Canada. They had some good prices on flights and their times weren't too bad.

Hi,

Thanks!

I think that price is too high.

You may have to give up the idea of a nonstop both ways, if you want to keep the price down. For EWR-BCN, depart 25 May, return 02 June, I found $952 on UA, nonstop there, one connection on the way back.

I think the prices of airfare to Europe must be up at all times. I was looking at EWR to BCN for July and had a nonstop fare of 1778. I was watching it and it went to 1738 and then to 1698 (should have booked :() then to 1778 again and yesterday to 2137!!!!! I looked at the seats onboard and the outbound (EWR to BCN) looks the same seat wise but a whole group must have booked the BCN to EWR flight cause half the seats are taken in Economy.

I can go to JFK but it is easier transfer-wise to do EWR and so I am going to book the nonstop EWR-BCN and then BCN-Zurich-EWR on the return. I really don't care that much about the time coming back and will just be waiting somewhere. the cost is $1470 and I think that is relatively good.

Good news is that we can still cruise! Enjoy--

Also

any thoughts on my choice (changing in Zurich) ??

Thanks

we need airfare from texas to barcelona in june... It seems to be running around 1600? has anyone used the carnival airfare and does the price change daily like the cruise prices? after the carnival cancellations today i thought it might be a better choice?

Have you used kayak?

Thanks for all the responses. We do only want direct flights so we are limited. I have checked flying from JFK and when you add in the extra money and time for car service, it works out to be the same.

We now have to move it to September so I hope it comes down a little bit.

Thanks!

Archived