Is a GS on Allure worth it ?

Hello, we are thinking of an Allure cruise later this year. We usually book a GS on our cruises but on smaller ships that seem to be more affordable. We are used to all the perks that go with it, but looking at the price of the room on Allure we are going to have to sell our first child to go ! Putting it off till the end of the year would give us time to pay for it, but my question is are the perks that go with it worth the extra money, or should we go with a JS instead ? Thanks in advance !

Book the GS. Lots of great perks and the extra space is great. We started with the JS and will never go back after the GS.

For goodness sake! Of course having a GS has more perks than a JS. The op already knows that. But to not cruise or delay because you won't have the extra room or reserved seating at the pool?? What do GS and higher people think is going on in JS's and below? No fun? No food or service? Really.

I would go with the JS since you are saying that it is more affordable for you.. You'll be more than fine and you will have saved a bundle.

Teddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done GS on other ships (not Oasis class). I love the perks. But on Allure and Oasis, there is so much to do, you can prebook your shows, tons of alternate dining options, I would go with the JS depending on price difference. I am doing Allure in March in a Boardwalk Balcony. This is after 2 GS's and a JS last 3 cruises. But the JS is over $1300 per person more. GS (before it sold out) was another $600 per person. Just not worth it. Mind you I am now D+ so I get some of the perks already, but personally I'd go with the JS (if it's only 2 people) because the space, as nice as it is in a GS, just isn't that much more than a JS. And you can buy a whole lot of drinks at a number of nice bars for the savings. But it is personal preference and a personal financial decision.

The summer and holiday prices are ridiculous. If you can book off-peak it would be better.

The Concierge Lounge (suite and D+ perk) is nice because you can get breakfast & lunch, with free beer and wine at lunch and cocktails in the evening. There is also a cappucino maker in there and we liked avoiding the crowds and going there for some quiet time in the morning. If you don't think you would use the CL daily, I would probably just get the JS.

Hello, we are thinking of an Allure cruise later this year. We usually book a GS on our cruises but on smaller ships that seem to be more affordable. We are used to all the perks that go with it, but looking at the price of the room on Allure we are going to have to sell our first child to go ! Putting it off till the end of the year would give us time to pay for it, but my question is are the perks that go with it worth the extra money, or should we go with a JS instead ? Thanks in advance !
It kind of depends, how much do you like your first child?

I also felt the price of the suites when I booked Oasis and Allure were overpriced compared to the other ships, so I went for an Oceanview balcony and used the money for the rest of the cruise. I will admit being D+ still get extra perks, but even without that, would have booked same cabin type. In my sailings, have booked OS, GS, JS and most other categories on down to inside cabin in my early years of cruising and my budget. I believe for each it's personal preference, IMHO.

Dave

We had a GS on Oasis and I can tell you that they are noticably smaller than GS's on other ships. Fortunately, we had booked a JS because of the extreme price difference and were given a complimentary upgrade. But I would never pay those prices for a GS on O/A.

For goodness sake! Of course having a GS has more perks than a JS. The op already knows that. But to not cruise or delay because you won't have the extra room or reserved seating at the pool?? What do GS and higher people think is going on in JS's and below? No fun? No food or service? Really.

Teddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A quick apology for my diatribe. Another reason for me not to post at 2:30 AM.

Teddie

We are usually not people who book the "suite" life, but we were lucky to have had one on the Allure. We did especially enjoy the suite sunning area. We did have an usual cruise in that the sun did not come out until noon on Friday so after 4 1/2 days of rain, the pool areas were very crowded. It was nice to have a choice of seats, not having to check pool towels out and have a special attendant. The extra options in the CL were nice too. We do have another suite booked for this year.

Hopefully, we will have a sunny cruise this year and will be able to experience the normal ebb and flow on the Allure.

We found the GS on Oasis to be very small compared to our GS on other ships. The perks however are much better on Oasis. But, since we are D+ we won't be booking above a JS on that class again.

Actually, the GS cabins on Oasis class are about 10 square feet smaller than the Voyager and Freedom class, and actually bigger than the Radiance and other classes. 10 sf is a space about 3.2 ft by 3.2 ft square, a negligible difference out of 371-381 sf total.

There is a lot of variation in the balconies, with the older Voyager classed being distinctly smaller, but the Oasis GS balconies are about on par with most of the rest.

bobj

Archived