Europe 2014

islandwoman

8-Sep-14 Mon Ruby Princess Europe Iceland & Norway Explorer

LONDON (SOUTHAMPTON), Bergen, Shetland Islands (Lerwick), Faroe Islands (Torshavn), Akureyri, Isafjordur, Reykjavik, St. John's (Newfoundland), NEW YORK

This is exactly the cruise I was looking to do. Too bad Princess dropped Greenland from the itinerary for 2014.

Minette

Ruby pretty much does the British isles all year except for one northern cape sailing

4-Jun-14 Wed Ruby Princess R429 12 Europe British Isles

LONDON (SOUTHAMPTON), Guernsey (St Peter Port), Cork (Cobh - for Blarney Castle), Dublin, Belfast, Glasgow (Greenock), Orkney Islands (Kirkwall), Inverness/Loch Ness (Invergordon), Edinburgh (South Queensferry), Paris/Normandy (Le Havre), LONDON (SOUTHAMPTON)

Thank you, cruise_junky!! :):)

On which other dates does Ruby Princess sail this itinerary? ;)

Are there some dates with another port order?

18-Apr-14 Fri Emerald Princess 15 Europe British Isles Passage

FT. LAUDERDALE, Azores Islands (Ponta Delgada), Dublin, Cork (Cobh - for Blarney Castle), Cornwall (Falmouth), Paris/Normandy (Le Havre), Brussels/Bruges (Zeebrugge), LONDON (SOUTHAMPTON)

27-Apr-14 Sun Ruby Princess 14 Europe Western Europe Passage

FT. LAUDERDALE, Bermuda (West End), Lisbon, Bilbao, Paris/Normandy (Le Havre), LONDON (SOUTHAMPTON)

Thanks

Srpilo

Is anyone else finding the itineraries same ole same ole stuff? A lot are virtually identical to 2013. We were hoping for more in Southern Spain/Portugal and it's basically non-existent on Princess. Other lines do Seville, Malaga, Valencia, Ibiza. Princess has two stops in Seville that are outrageously priced. We may do the Emerald Westbound Transatlantic and add in a land trip to Southern Spain beforehand but it's not ideal.

Is anyone else finding the itineraries same ole same ole stuff? A lot are virtually identical to 2013. We were hoping for more in Southern Spain/Portugal and it's basically non-existent on Princess. Other lines do Seville, Malaga, Valencia, Ibiza. Princess has two stops in Seville that are outrageously priced. We may do the Emerald Westbound Transatlantic and add in a land trip to Southern Spain beforehand but it's not ideal.

I personally feel alot of this years (2013) offerings for "same ole" Princess itineraries have been priced outrageously, considering many similar dates & itineraries on HAL and Celebrity have been priced very competively (and realistically IMO) by comparison.

Oh well, only time will tell if Princess new pricing and cabin catagory structure will be sucessful

Srpilo

DH and I were just talking about this at lunch. It's a lot of been there, done that for us.

Thanks for the posting of the spreadsheet and to Cruise Junky for giving us snippets of information to keep the excitement going.

I've had a look through the itineraries. Disappointed. Even the Northern Atlantic TA on Ruby doesn't stop at Greenland like Caribbean Princess and Emerald Princess does this year.

For example 2013

Iceland & Greenland Explorer 28 August 2013 Caribbean Princess 17 days

Ports: London (Southampton), England | Bergen, Norway | Shetland Islands (Lerwick), Scotland | Faroe Islands (Torshavn), Denmark | Akureyri, Iceland | Isafjordur, Iceland | Reykjavik, Iceland | Nanortalik, Greenland | St. Johns, Newfoundland | New York City (Manhattan or Brooklyn), New York

Iceland, Greenland & Norway Explorer 10 September 2013 Emerald Princess 16 days

Copenhagen, Denmark | Oslo, Norway | Kristiansand, Norway | Glasgow (Greenock), Scotland | Belfast, Northern Ireland | Reykjavik, Iceland | Qaqortoq, Greenland | Halifax, Nova Scotia | New York City (Manhattan or Brooklyn), New York

2014 offerings

Europe Iceland & British Isles Explorer 10 September 2014, Royal Princess, 17 days

COPENHAGEN, Kristiansand, Reykjavik, Glasgow/Edinburgh (Greenock), Belfast, Cork (Cobh - for Blarney Castle), St. John's (Newfoundland), Halifax, NEW YORK

Europe Iceland & Norway Explorer 8 September 2014 Ruby Princess 14 days

LONDON (SOUTHAMPTON), Bergen, Shetland Islands (Lerwick), Faroe Islands (Torshavn), Akureyri, Isafjordur, Reykjavik, St. John's (Newfoundland), NEW YORK

My TA sent me the entire package of information yesterday too. I copied the itinerary and price list to an Excel file and have attached it.

thanks so much for posting! Do you have the rest of the schedule? (We are hoping for a full transit Panama Canal but this gives some food for thought!)

denise

It looks like Princess is cutting back in Europe for 2014 with the Regal taking over the 2013 Royal routes, the Emerald taking over the Crown 2013 routes, the Ruby taking over the Caribbean 2013 routes, the Royal taking over the Emerald 2013 routes, and the Ocean doing many of her 2013 routes with some of the 2013 routes of the Pacific and the Ruby.

Ships in Europe - 2013

Caribbean, Crown, Emerald, Ocean, Pacific, Royal and Ruby

Ships in Europe - 2014

Emerald, Ocean, Regal, Royal and Ruby

My TA sent me the entire package of information yesterday too. I copied the itinerary and price list to an Excel file and have attached it.

Very interesting- thanks! So it looks like Emerald is probably going to be doing the R/T Houston itineraries beginning in the in Fall of 2014 since it eventually ends up there in November '14.

I noticed that the Ocean is going from Europe to Ft. Lauderdale in November 2014 instead of heading east back to Australia. I hope that doesn't mean that Princess is abandoning the around-Africa itinerary. That was a really fascinating cruise.

thanks so much for posting! Do you have the rest of the schedule? (We are hoping for a full transit Panama Canal but this gives some food for thought!)

denise

That wasn't included as this release to TAs seems to have only been focused on Europe. I'm sure there will be more to come, hopefully soon!

Sailings from Southampton are nice because there are lots of air choices. That being said, IMHO the choices for Europe are kind of disappointing. As someone else said, the Greek Isles cruises don't seem to be there and the rest is the same stuff as Tracey (Cruise Junky) said. I know last summer when my daughter and I sailed on a 12 day Crown cruise from Venice to Rome, Princess was selling that cruise as well as others as 6 day cruises to try to fill cabins. I guess they have decided the market just isn't there given the current economics.

Thanks for the 2014 info. I am pleased, as I am after the Grand Adventures date. It is dissappointing that it is not going to Greenland especially as we going from down under but I am still more than excited. On the new Royal as well :D

Archived