Europe 2014

islandwoman

It's true that Princess pretty much has the same cruises every year but I don't think you can compare them to Oceania. Oceania has all small ships. There are more ports for the smaller ships to get into. If you want something a bit different sail on Ocean Princess. More money but a few different ports.

It's true that Princess pretty much has the same cruises every year but I don't think you can compare them to Oceania. Oceania has all small ships. There are more ports for the smaller ships to get into. If you want something a bit different sail on Ocean Princess. More money but a few different ports.

It's not necessarily just ports that small ships can get into. It's offering a variety. With such a small fleet in the med. this year they need to mix it up. There is very little alternative to British Isles, Baltics or The Grand Med. Which we see every year on Princess. Celebrity and RCL manage to do wine cruises, Spain cruises and cruises that focus on the Adriatic. There's nothing new on Princess this year, sadly, it's a very lazy planning. I can only hope Celebrity shows some variety or it will be a land trip for us.

Cruise Junky, thanks a million for the 2014 Europe itineries. We're looking to do the Black Sea area next Fall and the Ocean Princess has a very interesting itinerary for that area.

There are 2 columns on the right - Initial Amenity Points and also NCF - do you know what they mean?

Mmm, not impressed with the Emerald itineries to the western med from Southampton. I was considering Princess as an alternative to P&O as this year Princess had itineries including both Rome and Naples and this year P&O did not.

Now that Emerald is calling at Rome only next year there is little incentive to try Princess :(

I had hoped to do the Black Sea and Holy Land cruises in 2014, but Princess moved them from July to the fall. That doesn't work for us. So we've booked 3 B2B 9-day cruises out of Tokyo instead. Princess seems to be focusing more on Asia than Europe for summer 2014. The Asia cruises are expensive, though. I can only hope that there will be price drops. I guess that will depend upon whether it turns out that Princess has over-committed to the Asian market.

There are 2 columns on the right - Initial Amenity Points and also NCF - do you know what they mean?

Those are for travel agents.

NCF indicates how much is not commissionable, usually fees and taxes

The amenity points are what the travel agent can use to provide gifts to the clients.

For example:

o One amenity point can get chocolate covered stawberries

o Two amenity points can get a bottle of wine on a 6-8 day voyage

Or, instead of using points for the passengers, the TA can use points to get a higher commission for him/herself.

New sister to the Royal, will debut in June 2014 in the Med.

Srpilo

Wow! I had no idea they were building two! Thanks for the info. I wish they'd add more panamax size for doing Fjords, small Med ports, etc.

One of my friends is looking into setting up a 12-day Mediterranean cruise either next June or July for us. Unfortunately, it looks like the Norwegian Spirit will be doing the exact (or almost exact) same itinerary as Regal Princess, and will cost less than half as much per passenger ($2,399pp for an interior, compared to $999 pp on NCL), so I seriously doubt I'd be able to convince anyone to go for Princess on this one. I guess I'll have to wait until the Regal hits the Caribbean to check it out (not necessarily a bad thing.)

One of my friends is looking into setting up a 12-day Mediterranean cruise either next June or July for us. Unfortunately, it looks like the Norwegian Spirit will be doing the exact (or almost exact) same itinerary as Regal Princess, and will cost less than half as much per passenger ($2,399pp for an interior, compared to $999 pp on NCL), so I seriously doubt I'd be able to convince anyone to go for Princess on this one. I guess I'll have to wait until the Regal hits the Caribbean to check it out (not necessarily a bad thing.)

You might want to tell your friends that you get what you pay fo. NCL Spirit is one of the oldest ships in NCL's fleet built in 1998 and the Regal is BRAND new built in 2014. The NCL ship won't have the amenities that you find on a new ship. Princess is hands down a much better product all around than NCL. I'd say watch the sales on Princess and/or find a good TA. We are booked on the Royal in the med this year and our TA was able to get us a price much below those advertised on Princess.com and with some OBC also!

You might want to tell your friends that you get what you pay fo. NCL Spirit is one of the oldest ships in NCL's fleet built in 1998 and the Regal is BRAND new built in 2014. The NCL ship won't have the amenities that you find on a new ship. Princess is hands down a much better product all around than NCL. I'd say watch the sales on Princess and/or find a good TA. We are booked on the Royal in the med this year and our TA was able to get us a price much below those advertised on Princess.com and with some OBC also!

How is the dining on NCL in the Mediterranean? When we sailed NCL in Hawaii, there was a minimum 40 minute wait to get into the dining room, couples could not make reservations, the food was mediocre, and the service very slow. There was plenty of availability at the extra-cost dining venues though. When comparing NCL to Princess, I would add in the cost of Alternative Dining every night on NCL.

Glancing at the itineraries, it's pretty clear the rumors about Pacific Princess being sold to P&O Oz have substance, with Ocean being the only small ship doing Europe in 2014.
Not for a while as she is sailing the Inside Passage route from Vancouver in the Summer of 2014.

The Prices released on this thread do they already include Fees and Taxes? I know that on the princess site they do. Just weighing my Transatlantic options.

Thanks!

I don't think so. Taxes are to the right. But there is $100 off for past passengers

Bumping this for the people that are currently looking for the itineraries. They are in PDF on this page, Excel a few pages back and cut and pasted there as well.

Thanks for the itineraries Cruise Junky. Any rumors as to when the reservations open up?

Archived