Quantum of the Seas design Revealed!

Do you think that is some kind open air deck? That would be nice. A couple open air restaurants and bars would be a nice utilization of the space as well.

Well that's what you get with NCL's new 'Breakaway' and 'Getaway' called the 'Waterfront'. Very similar sized ships to Quantum and the same ship yard too!

167698620-16131506.jpg?w=450&h=337

More info here: http://wp.me/PfRKD-1qX

Well that's what you get with NCL's new 'Breakaway' and 'Getaway' called the 'Waterfront'. Very similar sized ships to Quantum and the same ship yard too!

167698620-16131506.jpg?w=450&h=337

More info here: http://wp.me/PfRKD-1qX

That looks great in a picture, but start factoring in humidity, rain, salt spray, wind, heat, etc.....and the rust and corrosion that will come in time, well, time will tell how nice this really is.

That looks great in a picture, but start factoring in humidity, rain, salt spray, wind, heat, etc.....and the rust and corrosion that will come in time, well, time will tell how nice this really is.

Looks great, but I agree 100% with the elements.

Additional pics of the model have been floating around for a few weeks now - looks like a touch or Radiance Class (glass) for the colder weather (New Jersey?) home port.... Probably the same crappy ports. Main theater appears to be in the back of the boat.

http://www.**************.com/cruise-news/64567-big-possible-models-sunshine-class-ship-facilities.html

Also 3dog, what do you mean when you say it is 'incomplete' to use the waterline?

I said it "may be incomplete". But what I meant by this, is that the superstructure can actually be wider than the ship at the waterline (such as Freedom or Oasis). And for things like the Panama Canal, it would be the width of the ship at the point where it might be impacted by a lock (IIRC, about 12 meters above the waterline), and not necessarily the waterline or the bridge wings.

Indeed. To some extent, most weathering can be managed with labor and replacement, but as one person mentioned, wind while sailing cannot. I have even found walking the promenade deck on Radiance class to be quite windy, and that is partially sheltered. And on one Alaskan cruise I was on, it was closed due to strong winds. If Quantum has something similar, I hope that they have a way to enclose it.

Additional pics of the model have been floating around for a few weeks now - looks like a touch or Radiance Class (glass) for the colder weather (New Jersey?) home port.... Probably the same crappy ports. Main theater appears to be in the back of the boat.

http://www.**************.com/cruise-news/64567-big-possible-models-sunshine-class-ship-facilities.html

Thanks for sharing, but I cannot open your link.

Go to GOOGLE

Search for SUNSHINE CLASS MODEL

second on the results list - title is This is BIG! Possible models of Sunshine Class ship.

Note from the blueprint photo and the model that the main theater is now in the back of the ship, opposite of where it would normally be.

Innovative would be to have a hybrid of the Aqua Theater with the main theater, where a Radiance class style roof was over the main theater, in the back, and could be used as an indoor or outdoor theater as they could retract the roof for some shows, or close it - with theater suites having inside (over the main theater) and outside (wrap around) balconies. That would be neat... (note, the model of the theater does NOT have a pool showing in it)

Go to GOOGLE

second on the results list - title is This is BIG! Possible models of Sunshine Class ship.

Note from the blueprint photo and the model that the main theater is now in the back of the ship, opposite of where it would normally be.

Innovative would be to have a hybrid of the Aqua Theater with the main theater, where a Radiance class style roof was over the main theater, in the back, and could be used as an indoor or outdoor theater as they could retract the roof for some shows, or close it - with theater suites having inside (over the main theater) and outside (wrap around) balconies. That would be neat... (note, the model of the theater does NOT have a pool showing in it)

What about the model tells you that the theater is in the aft of the ship?? I am just curious.

Go to GOOGLE

Thank you.

It sure looks neat.

Go to GOOGLE

However, it would be odd watching production shows in a theater during daytime hours when it can't be darkened.

Go to GOOGLE

I found it and now remember seeing this before. I didn't think it was for the Sunshine Class at the time. In some way the Solarium area has some similarity to the new Royal Princess ship adult sanctuary. Thanks again!

According to a Meyer Werft brochure, the dimensions are as follows.

Length - 348 meters or 1141 feet

Moulded Breadth - 41 meters or 134 feet

Cruising speed 22 knots

Total Passenger Capacity - 4905

Size - 166,500 gt

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/service/publikationen/publikationen_detailseite_2753.jsp

She will be 29 feet longer than the Freedom OTS and 45 feet shorter than Oasis OTS.

Hi Gordon,

That seems to be an awful lot of passengers. How does that space ratio compare with the new Royal Princess class ships? She seems to be about 58' longer and 8' wider, but will carry 1,300 more passengers?

Go to GOOGLE

I'm not sure if this is the same link as mentioned , but I found some interesting mark-ups @ cruiselinefan.com. The solarium looks impressive and an enclosed pool.

Hi Gordon,

That seems to be an awful lot of passengers. How does that space ratio compare with the new Royal Princess class ships? She seems to be about 58' longer and 8' wider, but will carry 1,300 more passengers?

I believe the 4905 is total passenger capacity for Quantum and you are thinking of 3600 for Royal Princess but I think that figure is at double occupancy.

Hi Gordon,

I believe the 4905 is total passenger capacity for Quantum and you are thinking of 3600 for Royal Princess but I think that figure is at double occupancy.

That does appear to be the max pax (more than two in some cabins). The spec'd "double occupancy" load is 4100. There is a trend to offer "single" cabins, so this doesn't necessarily mean that there are 2050 cabins.

Royal Princess, though, seems to be about the same size as a Voyager class ship (very close in breadth, length, height, beam, and GRT), you might wish to compare those two.

Kristin Chenoweth Godmother of the Quantum...google it.

Actress Kristin Chenoweth, who has featured in series such as "Pushing Daisies" and "Glee" as well as in movies such as "Bewitched" and "The Pink Panther," has been chosen to represent the Quantum of the Seas, the future jewel in the Royal Caribbean's crown set to launch in fall 2014.

Like Sophia Loren did in May 2012 in Marseille as the godmother of the MSC Divina, Kristin Chenoweth will baptize the new cruise liner when it is launched in 2014 but she will also act as a special guide on the ship itself.

OOPS, I see they did post it on the main page of CC> Sorry

Kristin Chenoweth Godmother of the Quantum...google it.

Actress Kristin Chenoweth, who has featured in series such as "Pushing Daisies" and "Glee" as well as in movies such as "Bewitched" and "The Pink Panther," has been chosen to represent the Quantum of the Seas, the future jewel in the Royal Caribbean's crown set to launch in fall 2014.

Like Sophia Loren did in May 2012 in Marseille as the godmother of the MSC Divina, Kristin Chenoweth will baptize the new cruise liner when it is launched in 2014 but she will also act as a special guide on the ship itself.

OOPS, I see they did post it on the main page of CC> Sorry

Well... she's better than the Ogre they picked for the last ship. At least I think she is.;)

Rumors everywhere....anyone hear if this ship will be coming up to Bayonne? I love leaving from Bayonne. It is convenient to so many of us from the NE United States and the cruises always have the most interesting passengers. Love cruising on the Explorer but it is showing its age.

Archived