Equionx: Drydock in Spring 2014?

XFans

Right now, there are 5 weeks missing from the Equinox schedule, including how she is getting to Venice. We are on the 5/20/2014 sailing out of Venice. The sailing before that is scheduled for April 4 (10 nights) That means from April 14 through May 20 he location is currently a mystery. Well, someone knows where she is.

Maybe they are doing dry dock work on this side of the ocean (Bahamas) and then sailing her to Venice. It doesn't take 5 weeks to get across the Ocean, so it does look like there is about 3 weeks for dry dock mixed in there.

And it does make sense that she would dry dock in 2014 as that is her 5 year anniversary and they need to dry dock by the 5 year date.

Edited by smoosh21

Right now, there are 5 weeks missing from the Equinox schedule, including how she is getting to Venice. We are on the 5/20/2014 sailing out of Venice. The sailing before that is scheduled for April 4 (10 nights) That means from April 14 through May 20 he location is currently a mystery. Well, someone knows where she is.

Maybe they are doing dry dock work on this side of the ocean (Bahamas) and then sailing her to Venice. It doesn't take 5 weeks to get across the Ocean, so it does look like there is about 3 weeks for dry dock mixed in there.

And it does make sense that she would dry dock in 2014 as that is her 5 year anniversary and they need to dry dock by the 5 year date.

Just my opinion....but a 3 week dry dock? That is enough time to change

the whole ship;)...I seriously doubt she will be out of service for 3

weeks. That just seems like a very long time (to me anyway)

Possibly she is being chartered and then maybe a shorter dry dock.

I will say that my mattress on Reflection was more comfortable than the one we had on Eclipse. TA heard they had a new supplier. Hope it is true.

Hi Algebralovr,

Yes, Celebrity had a different mattress supplier for Reflection.

Hi Everyone,

My guess is, Equinox will have a 2-3 week Drydock. It's possible that Celebrity is awaiting confirmation from the shipyard, and is holding a few extra weeks off her schedule, until the date is finalized. At that point, another sailing or two will likely be added.

Hi Everyone,

My guess is, Equinox will have a 2-3 week Drydock. It's possible that Celebrity is awaiting confirmation from the shipyard, and is holding a few extra weeks off her schedule, until the date is finalized. At that point, another sailing or two will likely be added.

So, do you think they will be doing anything more than with the Solstice? The Equinox already has different design for azipos (from what I understand).

So we already booked for the 2nd last cruise in March 2014 before dry dock, do you think its still okay to take or should we change the date or even ship. Dont want to feel cheated

• 7 months later...

I just saw this thread after booking our first Transatlantic on the Equinox to Spain in April 2014. It looks like there is only one week missing on the ship's schedule after the April 14th transatlantic as the next cruise departs from Barcelona on May 8th.

Have others experienced disruption on cruises immediately before a short dry dock? It appears to be for routine maintenance, so I'm hoping not.

Edited by Islander500

Hope this thread stays around until we know the answers..

We are booked on Equinox for Nov. 2014 , and would like her to not be chaged very much. Updating soft goods and touching up is fine but hope no major overhauls..

We have cruised on this ship and had a wonderful time. We love Silk Harvest no interest in its replacement on other ships, no need to see Glass show again on another ship, and the cabanas on the lawn take up too much space that could be enjoyed by all on board.

We purposely booked Equinox b/c of lack of the "enhanced" features on newer S class ships--and because it goes out of the better berth in FLL & has a great itin. We are slowing down our cruise bookings b/c of the way things have been changing on the ships.. so we are hoping for one great cruise on Equinox next yr!

Hoping the dry dock just improves but does not change this wonderfil ship!

• 3 months later...

Anyone have any further news on Equinox's dry dock next month? I saw somewhere that it is a "routine" dry dock. Very curious as to what enhancements are expected. I know there is word of making a suite only restaurant by possibly converting bistro on 5 and have read on here that the very under used cellarmasters may be changing to a pub or some other higher revenue generating venue. Thoughs?

Anyone have any further news on Equinox's dry dock next month? I saw somewhere that it is a "routine" dry dock. Very curious as to what enhancements are expected. I know there is word of making a suite only restaurant by possibly converting bistro on 5 and have read on here that the very under used cellarmasters may be changing to a pub or some other higher revenue generating venue. Thoughs?

The new "suites only" restaurant apparently comes out the MDR, but how I don't know. Also heard that cellarmasters would be converted, looks like Bistrot on 5 stays. Am curious about all of this, we're on the June 14 Equinox Adriatic to Aegean sailing.

We'll be in with Prish. They are doing something's but I don't know for certain what. We were told by a three-stripe officer that Cellarmasters was supposed to be changed, but he wasn't certain how, since they need to keep available the area they use for docking when they use that floor. He liked that it would have the craft beers and a 'Pub Style".

The amount of time in dry dock was reduced, as Allure needed it more due to the ongoing engine issues was what I was told.

A person on one of my Roll Calls has just returned on the Equinox. She said that the Silk Harvest is going to be changed into an English Pub. We are sailing on 4th April on the Equinox so will find out more then.