MS Westerdam & MS Nieuw Amsterdam Sail-Aways 3/17/13

aliaschief

I saw a couple who resembled them and pointed them out to my husband but we weren't sure. I wish I had thought to tell her about the webcam.

It just wasn't close enough but it sure looked like them. I will have to tell her about the webcam once she starts walking again:)

Thanks chief for starting the thread.

And thanks so much Copper John for joining us and sharing your expertise.

And of course, many, many thanks to Lou and Dave for a great webcam:D

enjoy your St. Patty's evening all:D

She is leaving for a 55 day trip through the panama canal to San Diego then on to French Polynesia and back to Calif. then finish in Seattle. There might have been trouble with supplies or late passengers. Bon Voyage, Westerdam.

We have friends aboard who are only going to San Diego and other friends who are not getting on until San Diego so what you are referring to would be the Collectors cruise. It is also broken down into shorter cruises.

Sorry I missed the Westy. :( Two of our granddaughters and their mom, our daughter, came by for St. Patty's day corned beef and cabbage and green wine. ;)

We missed you Sheila, but it sounds like you had a lovely family day. I got here very late but the Westie waited just for me:rolleyes:

I hope it was a great sail away. I had to miss it because I was at my Sister's for corned beef. I might add she makes a wicked corn beef. It is an old family secret and it is the best I ever tasted. She also makes an Irish soda bread that is moist and delicious!

I hope it was a great sail away. I had to miss it because I was at my Sister's for corned beef. I might add she makes a wicked corn beef. It is an old family secret and it is the best I ever tasted. She also makes an Irish soda bread that is moist and delicious!

We're not Irish...except on St. Patrick's Day when everyone is! Sounds like you had a fabulous dinner, Father. I missed the Westy sailaway for the same reason. We had corned beef...wish you could share your family recipe! Our daughter made soda bread and it was awesome...a wonderful night!

Nope; stores are provisons; everything from fresh fruit to toiletpaper to lettuce to cleaning solution

On our second HAL cruise R/T Seattle to Alaska in 2009 we were an hour late leaving Seattle (as was a Princess ship).

When we arrived in Juneau we watched as quite a number of pallets of toilet paper were loaded on the ship. I asked someone (Officer??) about it when I got off the ship and he said that the Stevedoers in Seattle had called an impromptu slowdown and that both Westerdam and the Princess ship had to fly the missing toilet paper into Juneau.

Joanie

Nope; stores are provisions; everything from fresh fruit to toiletpaper to lettuce to cleaning solution

OK... late delivery of onboard provisions....More important, but seems strange that the deliveries were delayed.

B

OK... late delivery of onboard provisions....More important, but seems strange that the deliveries were delayed.

B

Can be a myriad of reasons for that; from late delivery to the warehouse; to traffic; mechanical issues, tea in the water, you name it. A lot depends on what time the trucks show up in the port/at the ship and how much is inside of them

Can be a myriad of reasons for that; from late delivery to the warehouse; to traffic; mechanical issues, tea in the water, you name it. A lot depends on what time the trucks show up in the port/at the ship and how much is inside of them

I guess the Westerdam needed more "stuff" than the Nieuw Amsterdam as they were departing on a 20 day vs. a 7 day itinerary.

Archived