Photo Tour of the Riviera - March 2013

computerworks

Wonderful pictures, Ron. You're making it so easy for me- I'll be sending this thread to my friends to show what the ship was like. Wonderful to have all the work done for me lol.

p.s. If you want to post the pictures you took in our cabin to show what the cabin looks like with the beds made up as twins, feel free. I know I've seen some questions about bed configuration on this Board.

Catherine

Wonderful pictures, Ron. You're making it so easy for me- I'll be sending this thread to my friends to show what the ship was like. Wonderful to have all the work done for me lol.

p.s. If you want to post the pictures you took in our cabin to show what the cabin looks like with the beds made up as twins, feel free. I know I've seen some questions about bed configuration on this Board.

Catherine

Oh, yes, I am one of those who has asked to see any photos of the bedding set up as 2 beds.

Thanks in advance if you can post!

Catherine

Great suggestion.

Catherine invited some of us for a get-together in her Penthouse on Deck 10.

It gave me an opportunity to compare this category to the Veranda layout for future reference. As well, we could see how they separated the bed into singles; it was simply done by switching the left nightstand to the middle.

Beds separated into twins.

8640766650_009be04323_b.jpg

8640766610_92845798aa_b.jpg

The Vanity area across from the beds

8639663963_cc169ac5c1_b.jpg

8640771606_667bddc6c5_b.jpg

The Walk-in Closet

8639668683_b70b97af9c_b.jpg

8639668567_65ee319435_b.jpg

The Bath area. This seemed to me to be almost identical in layout and size to the Veranda category

8639668971_3df768382f_b.jpg

8639668783_5689c9d4ea_b.jpg

The Balcony with penthouse-style furnishings.

8639663883_ba7f1fa972_b.jpg

8640771738_27ca1b4a2e_b.jpg

To try and show the scale of the cabin, here are a few group pictures to show the sitting area, desk etc.... and how that area can be separated by a curtain.

8640766294_5b5b70ffcf_b.jpg

8639664261_fdac161e61_b.jpg

Well, there are certainly curtains hanging there, but they could never be closed to separate the two areas. Each of those panels is only about three feet wide. :p

50pg-vertical.jpg

Unfortunately the separation is what makes a "suite" a suite for us and the PH is not it.;)

Edited by orchestrapal

Great suggestion.

Catherine invited some of us for a get-together in her Penthouse on Deck 10.

It gave me an opportunity to compare this category to the Veranda layout for future reference. As well, we could see how they separated the bed into singles; it was simply done by switching the left nightstand to the middle.

Beds separated into twins.

Thank you so much for such detailed pictures. This gives us who don't have the chance of getting on those new large ships a good look. Presumably, this is a PH mini-suite.

A little surprised that at this price range, the furniture does not seem to be veneered. The flooring on the balcony does not appear to be solid teak (though we may be wrong, as it is difficult to tell on a picture). The bathroom has become a lot more modernistic compared to the R ships (we had been on the Regatta and Nautica years ago). Obviously this PH category is much larger than the regular balconied cabins on the R ships we sailed before.

The Bath area. This seemed to me to be almost identical in layout and size to the Veranda category

Actually the PH BR is a little larger but most importantly, the shower is bigger just enough to make it more "user friendly" :)

Actually the PH BR is a little larger but most importantly, the shower is bigger just enough to make it more "user friendly" :)

Oh, and I thought I'd lost some weight.

Have to steel myself for an upcoming R ship trip

Edited by YoHoHo

• 1 month later...

Ron, thanks for the great photographs and for introducing me to that beautifully appointed ship-really elegant interiors. You have introduced me to Oceania- I am a happy Princess cruiser but it's good to have options especially with some of OC's itineraries.

In every shot (both reviews) your wife looks like she is having the time of her life....what every cruise should be!

Thanks again for all the work you have put into this.

Norris

Ron, thanks for the great photographs and for introducing me to that beautifully appointed ship-really elegant interiors. You have introduced me to Oceania- I am a happy Princess cruiser but it's good to have options especially with some of OC's itineraries.

In every shot (both reviews) your wife looks like she is having the time of her life....what every cruise should be!

Thanks again for all the work you have put into this.

Norris

You are very welcome, Norris... the work is a labor of love. I enjoy capturing the goodness of our cruises and sharing the info as well as the good times. I am glad I had the chance to show you the appeal of Oceania.

And...with much chagrin... :o ...I left my trip review thread unfinished. ...Oh, my.

We had a flurry of work get in the way, and then an early May cruise.

Thanks for tickling this thread... I will finish that log soon.

Edited by computerworks

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, thank you so much for all the pictures of the Riveria! My husband and I are excited to sail with Oceania this July. We will also be on the 9th floor, concierge level. I'd love to know what you think of the beverage packages they offer. Did you opt for the package or did you pay as you drink? Any recommendations for a couple who can drink a bottle of wine at dinner & most likely will have a drink or two before/after dinner.

Thanks for your help!

Am I correct in thinking there are no Formal nights? What is the dress code for men, jacket and tie every night?

Sandy

Correct, no formal nights. And jacket and tie are optional, not required.

This was a Caribbean trip... we lived in jean shorts and t-shirts, by day.

Evening attire was nice slacks and a polo, golf or button-dress shirt.

Wow, thank you so much for all the pictures of the Riveria! My husband and I are excited to sail with Oceania this July. We will also be on the 9th floor, concierge level. I'd love to know what you think of the beverage packages they offer. Did you opt for the package or did you pay as you drink? Any recommendations for a couple who can drink a bottle of wine at dinner & most likely will have a drink or two before/after dinner.

Thanks for your help!

You are very welcome! We did opt for the full beverage package, and it was worth it. Never had a problem getting anything we wanted, anywhere on the ship. I do not think I will ever sail Oceania without it.

We too like a bottle of wine at dinner...and Mojitos by the pool...etc.

The BIB package was a good value.

Your dinner wine will be served by the glass (no bottles) but we found that to be an advantage... changing wines with courses was fun.

We advised the sommelier (with a smile) that we really don't want to see empty glasses. Top-offs were never a problem.

We advised the sommelier (with a smile) that we really don't want to see empty glasses. Top-offs were never a problem.

Beautifully handled and masterfully stated! :D

Alcohol can be a tricky area. I've just as often seen a Sommelier chastised for refilling a wine glass prematurely as for leaving it empty too long.

Communication, and a pleasant attitude are key!

We like a cocktail or two (or sometimes two glasses of white wine) and typically share half a bottle of good red wine at dinner, so for us the drinks package is not a good deal. We don't care for the wine by the glass that is included. We would rather pay separately for, say, a bottle of Malbec or Cabernet or Syrah off the wine list. We also sometimes buy a bottle from a wine shop onshore.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing!

I was thinking that Riviera might look different...but very similar to Marina!! Knew the lay-out, public rooms etc. would be the same....but interesting to see the décor is so much the same. Thought they might "mix it up" a bit on Riviera....LuAnn

Ron, Thanks so very much for these great pictures! As I was looking at them, I was hoping that the Marina would be much the same - and LuAnn has confirmed that it is. We will be on the Marina to the Baltic in August and can't wait! We previously sailed on the Regatta and loved her - we are partial to the R class ships. Now I know we will also love the Marina. (Can't wait for afternoon tea!)

Donna