Tomorrow-May 17-MS Prisendam Sail-Away from Port Everglades, FL.

aliaschief

Thanks so much for posting this early Chief:D

I thought we were leaving at 5 pm but of course if everyone is on board they could pull out earlier. I know our kiwi roll call members are flying in that day so I am crossing my fingers that they make it;) They just have to !

We'll all be waving to you. We have a number of people at the sail a way scheduled - sea view pool - Canadian, U.S. and Kiwi flags at the minimum.

Thanks for joining us as we head out on this incredible journey. I don't know if any of us can afford to be on the thread for long - but we thank you all and will miss you on this sail a way thread but, alas, it's our turn - so we just have no choice but to wave to you all.

We're thrilled to be going - whether we be on the TA only or the 31 day Collectors' Cruise - so I am sure you will see lots of smiles and lots of waves on the Elegant Explorer tomorrow:o

Thanks for the early post Chief. May 17th has been a long time coming - and believe me it has been well worth the wait! What an exciting day it will be when we board the Elegant Explorer. For a change - I will be waving - not watching!!

Thanks so much for posting this early Chief:D

I thought we were leaving at 5 pm but of course if everyone is on board they could pull out earlier. I know our kiwi roll call members are flying in that day so I am crossing my fingers that they make it;) They just have to !

We'll all be waving to you. We have a number of people at the sail a way scheduled - sea view pool - Canadian, U.S. and Kiwi flags at the minimum.

Thanks for joining us as we head out on this incredible journey. I don't know if any of us can afford to be on the thread for long - but we thank you all and will miss you on this sail a way thread but, alas, it's our turn - so we just have no choice but to wave to you all.

We're thrilled to be going - whether we be on the TA only or the 31 day Collectors' Cruise - so I am sure you will see lots of smiles and lots of waves on the Elegant Explorer tomorrow:o

Going by the Port Everglades port schedule. As we all know that is subject to change. Though 4 PM has been the norm lately.

Have a great cruise and safe travels.

I guess I just thought that the thread name was self explanatory and wondered why anyone would bother to look if they weren't going to post. My wrong.

You're not wrong...but many folks want to read the threads and not post...that's the conclusion I have come to here. Proportionately, this is one of the least read threads....there are others with far few posts...and far more click throughs. That was the point I was trying to make. It's all good, Carol! ;)

You're not wrong...but many folks want to read the threads and not post.

And don't forget the people who have posted on the thread and come back to see what has been added. I know I have checked this thread at least four times in the last 24 hours but have not posted each time.

Originally Posted by cranethie

Just wondering if the 4pm sailaway is set in stone

Never can guarantee on time departures as there are so many variables that can come into play.

Only cruise ship in port so should be on time if no late passengers, medical emergencies and stores are loaded.

The last sailaway (the start of the med cruise) was delayed I think Chief, or is my memory faulty again? Can't remember the reason but I recall it was a long time before the mustard drill. Then they had to pull up one of the tenders which had been launched for some reason.

If it does go before you are awake down under then you can always catch a replay from the archive. I am hoping to catch some screen shots of CC roll call waving so should have something in my TA blog http://sturnidae.com/Baltic/TA.htm

She is just picking up the pilot and should be coming in soon.

I just watched her come in. Still too dark to really "see". I sent screen shots to Jacqui.

I get up WAY too early!!! But if I miss her going out I wanted to see her come in to get you.

I am borrowing Jacqui's begging icon to say Please someone post screen shots of the wave after 4:45...just a few....of the wavers and their flags....please:o

Bon Voyage!!!

And I would like to know why over 200 people have checked this thread and 18 people have responded. What did they expect to find here ?

speaking for myself only.....

I have friends on the ship but I was "looking" from work with no time to post. When at home I look while I cook dinner....get the kids to their activities.....and not always have time to post.....

I want to know what is going on because I am so excited for everyone departing but I don't always have time to post, just to read.

Please someone post screen shots of the wave after 4:45...just a few....of the wavers and their flags....please

Check my blog tomorrow, http://sturnidae.com/Baltic/TA.htm. I have shots of her coming in but it was dark. Although it will 16:00 or 17:00 when she leaves, it will be 10:00 pm here, and then I have to process the images and create the HTML, so I can't do it before bed time.

And don't forget the people who have posted on the thread and come back to see what has been added. I know I have checked this thread at least four times in the last 24 hours but have not posted each time.

That's right! I forgot about that...and, I do it often.

Check my blog tomorrow, http://sturnidae.com/Baltic/TA.htm. I have shots of her coming in but it was dark. Although it will 16:00 or 17:00 when she leaves, it will be 10:00 pm here, and then I have to process the images and create the HTML, so I can't do it before bed time.

Nice photos of her coming in...thank you! I wonder how many are disembarking?

I wonder how many are disembarking?

I think when she left in April there were around 500 or so, a little bit down on full complement. However some of those may stay in Europe, but there can be some more coming back from Venice or Rome as they were separate legs in their own right I think. So it is difficult to judge. Someone said on our roll call that she looked light in the water leaving Bermuda.

Checking Port Schedule for Port Everglades and it still shows a 4:00 PM departure. For those monitoring the web cam audio please post time changes if you hear of any.

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

Seeing Prinsendam has been away from U.S. for some time now, I wonder if USPH may do an Inspection today? Could that delay sailaway?

Seeing Prinsendam has been away from U.S. for some time now, I wonder if USPH may do an Inspection today? Could that delay sailaway?

Anything is possible. Let's stay positive that it will be on time sailing.

No expert on USPH but would they bother when a ship is only going to be in US waters for less than twelve hours?

Archived