How low will they go?

Wow was just poking around the Carnival website and saw a cruise from NY on the Splendor for Dec 3rd for $303pp for a 4A. $283 for a 1A.

If i have more vacay time I'd jump on this even though CCL is at the bottom of my pecking order right now.

It would cost more to stay home.:p

Bill

Wow was just poking around the Carnival website and saw a cruise from NY on the Splendor for Dec 3rd for $303pp for a 4A. $283 for a 1A.

If i have more vacay time I'd jump on this even though CCL is at the bottom of my pecking order right now.

Bill

You will be much safer at home. I wouldn't risk it.

Good price for a cruise leaving from New York.
Yes, something happened, fer sure.

I wanted to do Glory ex-Manhattan last year again(we liked it that much)

but it was costing more than when we cruised Glory, back in Oct. 2011

so I didn't bother!

This time around

my Glory cruise (coming up in Sept. - see countdown!) was so much cheaper

I told my travel agent SOLD! over the phone right away when she gave me the unbelievably-low price! :D

My Valor cruise coming up in a few days time (same 7 days)

cost a good bit more.

Bill

If i took the cruise They would lose Money as a diamond i would get free laundry the vipf party the captains event since ive been to those ports no tours i dont buy photos as a diabetic i dont drink prolly the only thing on my S&S will be the gratuities LOL:D:p:)

If i took the cruise They would lose Money as a diamond i would get free laundry the vipf party the captains event since ive been to those ports no tours i dont buy photos as a diabetic i dont drink prolly the only thing on my S&S will be the gratuities LOL:D:p:)

I prepay my grats-- -one of my sign and sail cards was a total of 5.and some cents coz i wanted to try a milkshake.

You will be much safer at home. I wouldn't risk it.

And you have room service, maid service, good food and FUN at home right? Maybe if you live in a bubble... That price is cheaper than a weekend getaway in a decent hotel with continental breakfast. :rolleyes:

Do you send in your JH request for free internet, fruits and inaugural freebies even when you're not sailing on an inaugural?

I don't think there will ever be prices that low out of Galveston for a 7 day cruise.

I have seen prices low out of New York before. I did the Glory end of September 2011 and paid $329 pp.

I just got off the Dream and had a blast. I decided to check out carnivals site and found a great deal on the liberty for 334 pp and today it dropped to 274 pp. Granted its only a 1a cabin with portholes but I will take it to be able to go again. Its a 7 day out of Miami. Whoop whoop. Pretty soon they will be paying me to cruise. Lol

This is crazy. :eek: $299 for 7 day? That's cheaper than rent! Does Carnival even make money selling tickets so low? My roommate/landlady says Carnival would lose money at these prices unless the person buys a lot of stuff onboard.

I am almost afraid to book! :eek:

If I was sailing from a port where the prices were consistently so low I would worry about them keeping the ship sailing from that port.

And maybe that's why there is not a ship coming up to do the Canada cruises from Boston and NYC. CCL is using the Splendor for the few Canada cruises they are doing next year!

This is crazy. :eek: $299 for 7 day? That's cheaper than rent! Does Carnival even make money selling tickets so low? My roommate/landlady says Carnival would lose money at these prices unless the person buys a lot of stuff onboard.

I am almost afraid to book! :eek:

$299 is better than zero for sailing with an empty cabin. Not to mention the lost $$$ in on-board spending with an empty cabin.

We went on the Splendor out of NY in March and had a great time. We spent 1000pp after port fees and taxes. I don't know what rooms are in the categories you are considering but it's defiantly a good !!! We love leaning for NY since we live on Long Island and we can get a better cabin since we don't have to pay air fair. I would defiantly book it but that just me!!! I'm a sucker for good rates...lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I don't know how low low they will go but I booked my Elation cruise at $299 pp and it is now $246 pp.

We booked on the Elation in New Orleans at $299 and it's now $259. Times 4 people I just got $160 in OBC.

I'm not complaining. :beer:

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

$299 is better than zero for sailing with an empty cabin. Not to mention the lost $$$ in on-board spending with an empty cabin.

Thast is very true.

They fill the ship at any cost hoping to get a lot of onboard revenue. This is a plus for some of the Carnival enthusiast. They can always say that Carnivals ships sail full every week so there is nothing wrong with the cruise line.

Bill

Archived