Holland America to Introduce a New Promotion Called Explore4

LAFFNVEGAS

Explore4 package

I read the offer on the website. The Caribbean cruises receive a $50.00 beverage card versus a "signature beverage card". I don't understand the difference. (Click on terms and conditions for the explanation). It just says the card may be used to purchase $50 worth of beverages where the signature card specifically lists alcholoic drinks. Does beverage card mean soda only? Oh darn!!!

The beverage card can be used for any beverage purchase.

Beverage Card:

Guests sailing on select Caribbean and Mexico sailings will receive a Beverage Card

A value of $100 per stateroom ($50 Beverage Card per person)

The Beverage Card applies to alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages

This is copied from the HAL website.

The beverage card can be used for any beverage purchase.

Beverage Card:

Guests sailing on select Caribbean and Mexico sailings will receive a Beverage Card

A value of $100 per stateroom ($50 Beverage Card per person)

The Beverage Card applies to alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages

This is copied from the HAL website.

Thank you. Another question -- if a glass of wine is $10.00 and the limit is $7.00 per drink do they just charge you $3.00 or do you have to stay within the $7.00 cap? It appears there is a $7.00 cap - right? Sorry, we have never used a beverage card, we just buy drinks as we go at dinner and once in awhile a beer at lunch and we don't care about soda. (And always a bottle of wine on the veranda!)

Thank you for your help.

Thank you. Another question -- if a glass of wine is $10.00 and the limit is $7.00 per drink do they just charge you $3.00 or do you have to stay within the $7.00 cap? It appears there is a $7.00 cap - right? Sorry, we have never used a beverage card, we just buy drinks as we go at dinner and once in awhile a beer at lunch and we don't care about soda. (And always a bottle of wine on the veranda!)

Thank you for your help.

If you are using the beverage "card", they will just deduct the price of your beverage, just like a debit card.

The price restrictions come into play when you are using the "Signature Beverage Package". That package restricts beverages to $7 or lower. I don't think you can pay the price difference with that program.

7-DAY ROUNDTRIP VANCOUVER

Show Mapmag_white.gif

CRUISE DETAILS

More Savings: Explore4: Enjoy a FREE Signature Beverage Package, FREE specialty restaurant dinner, FREE or reduced cruise fares for 3rd/4th guests and 50% reduced deposit! (learn more) Interior * Ocean-view * Vista Suite * (Verandah Suite) Neptune Suite * (Deluxe Verandah Suite) from US$899 *

per person for

MM category stateroom

from US$1,099 *

per person for

H obstructed view

from US$1,899 *

per person for

BB category stateroom

from US$2,699 *

per person for

SB category stateroom

Thank you very much for replying Windsailer. :)

I agree with other posters that this will kill the Pinnacle. It will be overbooked, understaffed and the quality will take a dive.

Could it be that the genious who thought this one up was the same person who conceived the wading pool concept for the Veendam and the Rotterdam ?? I was looking forward to becoming a 5 star mariner next cruise. --- Maybe its time to switch ?

Regarding the Pinnacle Grill - this is a very common "perk" that up until now anyhow, was commonly given out by a large Canadian travel agency. Last summer on the Nieuw Amsterdam, it seemed like all of the Canadian had a "free" Pinnacle dinner that was comped by the agency.

I went to dinner in the Pinnacle with a group of Spaniards (eleven of them), and they also had their dinner comped by their respective travel agencies.

Does anyone actually pay to dine here? It seems as if most people go as the result of a gift.

As for the Canaletto - after one disastrous dinner at this "faux" Italian restaurant - I would not go even for free.

It is too bad that they don't offer dinner in the Tamarind as an option - this is one extra fee restaurant that i would gladly pay for - and in doing so they could perhaps spread out the hoards that will now be going to the Pinnacle.

Hi, here is the list of cruises I got emailed that are valid for this offer.

I sent this off to our TA because our cruise next Oct qualifies. We have been on the phone with HAL four times already trying to get this. The final answer is if we want it we will have to pay an extra $ 3700.00 Way to much not worth it to us. So we said no thanks.

Allan & Marlane:(:(

We are on the Feb 7, 49 day, Maasdam Cruise to South America. It is listed on the posted list but the "X" in the final column is missing. The notation at the top of the column is cut off. Can someone with the mailing tell me what the notation is or if there are any footnotes indicating what the missing "X" means. My call to HAL resuted in an answer of not available for this sailing. Why is it listed if not available?

Dean

My PCC told me today that the Explore 4 program is a limited time offer. There is no additional charge to get this special. He did not know when the offer ends but promised to get back to me with the details. He said that anyone who may have been charged was dealing with an agent that was misinformed. Time will tell.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Why is that if I lived in Cameroon,Slovenia,United Arab Emirates,Spain,Great Britain to name a few I would get the $100 per day signature beverage package on our cruise in June 2014 (I checked each of these places on HALs website)but as we live in Australia we get $350 OBC per cabin and the other 3 entitlements. ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL! We have emailed HALs head office in Seattle asking for a explanation,will be interesting to see IF we get a reply.

Regarding the Pinnacle Grill - this is a very common "perk" that up until now anyhow, was commonly given out by a large Canadian travel agency. Last summer on the Nieuw Amsterdam, it seemed like all of the Canadian had a "free" Pinnacle dinner that was comped by the agency.

I went to dinner in the Pinnacle with a group of Spaniards (eleven of them), and they also had their dinner comped by their respective travel agencies.

Does anyone actually pay to dine here? It seems as if most people go as the result of a gift.

As for the Canaletto - after one disastrous dinner at this "faux" Italian restaurant - I would not go even for free.

It is too bad that they don't offer dinner in the Tamarind as an option - this is one extra fee restaurant that i would gladly pay for - and in doing so they could perhaps spread out the hoards that will now be going to the Pinnacle.

On our first Eurodam cruise, B2B, we were given free dinners for the Pinnacale on both sectors, after the first dinner we talked with the desk at the Tamarind and they allowed us to dine there using the Pinnacle voucher. So, second Eurodam cruise, straight to the Tamarind with our Pinnacle voucher and again was allowed to dine there.

As for Canaletto, dined there when it was free, would never go if I to pay.

This topic just does not go away. And by reading the posts there seems to be different interpretations of who gets it and weather it's free or not. Wonder if HAL knows how much bad feelings they are causing out there with this??:(:(

Allan

Dealing with HAL NL here. Had the promo added without real troubles. At first was told it would void all my OBC already on the ressie. Questioned that, since it was not just OBC from making the booking online but also some from using a FCC. That resolved thing, wrong info, indeed would only void the OBC ($30) from online booking, not the FCC.

Got the confirmation mail, indeed now got the promo. Details are a bit different though, for NL bookings. We do get the same beverage cards, there is that (for us useless) "better rates for 3rd/4th passenger", the free dinner also. Difference? We don't get the 50% off of deposit, but instead we get the option to change date, ship, itinerary until 90 days out or final payment day. Normally with bookings any chance is seen as cancellation (unless adding, turning excisting ressie into more expensive longer collectors voyage or upgrading stateroom). So it does offer some flexibility normally not on offer for bookings through HAL NL.

Wont be using that, didn't need the lower deposit since I booked using a FCD, but free beverage card is always welcome. Excisting ressie was made on the 27th and indeed no price alteration since.

Why is that if I lived in Cameroon,Slovenia,United Arab Emirates,Spain,Great Britain to name a few I would get the $100 per day signature beverage package on our cruise in June 2014 (I checked each of these places on HALs website)but as we live in Australia we get $350 OBC per cabin and the other 3 entitlements. ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL! We have emailed HALs head office in Seattle asking for a explanation,will be interesting to see IF we get a reply.

Don't feel bad.

We live in U.S. and have one of the highest per diems of all HAL offer and we were told we cannot have the Explore4. :rolleyes:

HAL has not made very many new friends this week.

I agree with you! We have a "Neptune" booked on the Westerdam for two weeks in 2014. We were told that part of our trip would qualify for the Explore4 but part would not! So, we would not get that promo. That was just the last straw. With the new wine policy, Explore4, and Neptune Lounge not up to par we are seriously considering cancellation. In the past we have brought on board around 6 bottles for the two of us and on a two week cruise possibly brought one extra bottle on in one port. We always purchase a wine package for use in the dining room. HAL has gone downhill in the past few years and since we are close to 4 stars we have watched this with heavy hearts. We will be sad to move, but we are not getting what we pay for, and will move our hard earned money elsewhere.

Don't feel bad.

We live in U.S. and have one of the highest per diems of all HAL offer and we were told we cannot have the Explore4. :rolleyes:

HAL has not made very many new friends this week.

Doesn't this start in 2014, or has that been changed?

Personally I think they should give this promo to anyone who has booked a Suite.

According to the Explore4 catalog, the promotion is valid only on certain sailings and must be booked by August 31, 2013.

Thank you for posting the "due date" for booking! I'm really excited that two out of three of my children will be able to sail for free with this new deal. I don't even really care about the PG or drink card. ROFL I think this is a great deal for couples with families :)

• 1 month later...

Or should I say lack there of? Just spent 45 min. on the phone with HAL trying to get an answer about the Explore4 Package. Was sent from one department to another nobody knew anything, finally ended at Guest Relations was on hold for over 1/2 hr and finally hung up.:(:mad::confused:

Allan & Marlane

Or should I say lack there of? Just spent 45 min. on the phone with HAL trying to get an answer about the Explore4 Package. Was sent from one department to another nobody knew anything, finally ended at Guest Relations was on hold for over 1/2 hr and finally hung up.:(:mad::confused:

Allan & Marlane

Maybe someone here could help you out if we knew what the question was? :rolleyes:

Maybe someone here could help you out if we knew what the question was? :rolleyes:

He posted it way back. His cruise qualifies and they are refusing to give it to him unless he pays $$$. I think it's around post 278 for the first post and further on - they go on.

Kudos to them for persuing this:D He who doesn't ask doesn't get. the sad thing is that there is conflicting info on the roll call - some get it - some don't.

all booked very early - so there is not much different for the different people.