Returned British Isles 10 day!

lahlah57

What an exceptional trip!!!

We were in cabin #7104 and it was a perfect location! No noise.....self service laundry just down our hall.....eating venues 2 floors up...track 3 floors up as well as the gym.

Our travel companions were of the sweetest and most incomparable folks on any ship. The crew was outstanding and work very hard at it!

The food on the buffet, dining room and dining with a fee was top notch. Appreciated the room service and we used it on particularly exhausting days as well as lazy mornings.

Verandah room was good but bathroom a little tight. Smaaaaaal complaint with everything else taken into account.

If you haven't been to Ireland or Scotland.....GO! Lovely british isle folks and the weather was warmer than expected even they were shocked and wondered if we had brought the California sun with us to visit them!

Take a walk into history and do it with Azamara if you can....We will travel with them again and will look forward to it in room #7104:p

Hello Lahlah -

Thank you for your time and effort in posting your positive impressions about your Azamara experience visiting the British Isles!

My best wishes for a wonderful future Azamara cruise vacation and we look forward to welcoming you onboard again!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thank you for you rnote. We are very happy you enjoyed the cruise. We have iy booked for next year in June. Now we are even more excited (if that is really possible !) We actually have it booked on Celebrity on Infinity. We hope it is as good as yours was on Azamara

Arrived home this morning from the cruise. We really enjoyed it! We're sailing the Quest again in Nov. This was our first cruise on Azamara. We sailed Oceania years ago. The Quest felt warm and inviting to us.

Friends on board for the Norway cruise tell us the calm seas and warm temperatures are continuing. It's supposed to be 89 in Flam!

We had no problems getting home either, even with the one hour layover in Paris. We actually made the connection easily. Once things settle here, I will write a review on the general Cruise Critic page, but I will have special comments for this page. Bottom line is we will definitely sail with Azamara again. It was everything we were looking for.

Friends on board for the Norway cruise tell us the calm seas and warm temperatures are continuing. It's supposed to be 89 in Flam!

i woukld be fainting.. bergen gets hot but not ever flam. would have all the wrong clothes.

would have all the wrong clothes.

Just returned from a two week land vacation in Ireland. I packed sweaters, long sleeves, and long pants and needed shorts and t-shirts. The weather was awesome but definitely didn't have the right clothes.

We finaly have a nice summer in Norway. Everyday in Oslo is 30C pluss..

:D

The weather in the North of the UK has turned already (hopefully temporary) it is still relatively warm (c20c) but very sudden and torrential rain and thunderstorms - houses have been set on fire due to lightening strikes at Greenock right near where cruise ships that dock there are tied up

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-23458957

Elbon you need to do the usual for trips to this part of the world pack layers and be prepared for four seasons (that is European seasons) in one day

What an exceptional trip!!!

We were in cabin #7104 and it was a perfect location! No noise.....self service laundry just down our hall.....eating venues 2 floors up...track 3 floors up as well as the gym.

Our travel companions were of the sweetest and most incomparable folks on any ship. The crew was outstanding and work very hard at it!

The food on the buffet, dining room and dining with a fee was top notch. Appreciated the room service and we used it on particularly exhausting days as well as lazy mornings.

Verandah room was good but bathroom a little tight. Smaaaaaal complaint with everything else taken into account.

If you haven't been to Ireland or Scotland.....GO! Lovely british isle folks and the weather was warmer than expected even they were shocked and wondered if we had brought the California sun with us to visit them!

Take a walk into history and do it with Azamara if you can....We will travel with them again and will look forward to it in room #7104:p

Thanks for the report, Lalah. What's Ireland like? I haven't been there since I was a teenager...maybe a cruise is in order!

dnl929....as far as Ireland I felt like we did not have enough time there but it would be advantageous to do a pre-trip extension to get the full Ireland feel.

My fave was our Azamazing evening at the Titanic museum. Learned a lot and the museum was interactive and gave a more realistic view of the fateful voyage. Loved that place and would have liked to stay longer! British Isles are lovely and I miss my Scottish roots terribly!:o

dnl929....as far as Ireland I felt like we did not have enough time there but it would be advantageous to do a pre-trip extension to get the full Ireland feel.

My fave was our Azamazing evening at the Titanic museum. Learned a lot and the museum was interactive and gave a more realistic view of the fateful voyage. Loved that place and would have liked to stay longer! British Isles are lovely and I miss my Scottish roots terribly!:o

Thank you! I have Irish roots so I understand your comment only too well.

It was beatiful in Flam, a mix of sun and clouds and a few drops of rain, with a temperature of 22C or 71F (very nice but far from 89F). Today we're in Alesund and the nice weather is holding, a mix of sun and clouds at 20C or 68F.

Floris

Archived