Ideal Deck for Oceanview Balcony on Allure

I am sailing on Allure in the end of August, and have a choice of balcony location....is there a deck or decks that tend to be the best based on location...etc......I am looking at a D1 category, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

CAS

We were on The Allure last November and had a D1 balcony deck 11 on the hump. We loved it. The so called secret balcony was at the back of the ship and was great to watch the shows at the Aquatheater. We originally booked the same cabin for our Oct. 2014 cruise but decided to book same cabin but on deck 8 just for convenience. We can walk out onto Central Park and just closer to everything except the pool deck. Not sure if any floor is better but as we get older we try to make things a little easier us. lol

We did book an "x" balcony - is there a cabin or deck number that you would NOT recommend on the Oasis

I don't know of any bad balconies on The Allure or The Oasis but for us we have no desire to book any inside balcony. Boardwalk, Central Park etc. We enjoy the Oceanveiw Balconies.

I don't know of any bad balconies on The Allure or The Oasis but for us we have no desire to book any inside balcony. Boardwalk, Central Park etc. We enjoy the Oceanveiw Balconies.

We have booked Central Park balconies twice. Why? Very simple... the price. In addition there are a few CP units with large balconies

Agreed on deck 11 near the aft. The "Secret balcony" is nice and rarely used. It is great place for relaxing and watching the Aqua Show.

We booked a balcony on deck 11 last year and have another booked this year.

I am sailing on Allure in the end of August, and have a choice of balcony location....is there a deck or decks that tend to be the best based on location...etc......I am looking at a D1 category, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

CAS

I would pick deck 6 or 7 close to elevators. This way you are close to promenade deck, Central Park, and the boardwalk. The elevators can get busy in the evening but not so much daytime so going up to the pool isn't a problem. Been on this class 4 times and deck 6 or 7 is ideal.

I would pick deck 6 or 7 close to elevators. This way you are close to promenade deck, Central Park, and the boardwalk. The elevators can get busy in the evening but not so much daytime so going up to the pool isn't a problem. Been on this class 4 times and deck 6 or 7 is ideal.

Hi, we are on e same roll call. We booked our ocean view balconies on deck 8 aft, near elevators. We chose this deck because above and below are staterooms, not public areas and near Central Park is a bit quieter. Near elevators so we wouldn't have a hike to get to them.

We booked Deck 7 connecting staterooms in the forward section of the ship. Not thrilled about having to walk all the way aft to get to the Viking Crown Lounge, but I mean I'll be on vacation, so I'll just deal with it.

Another vote for Deck 8 here. We were in a D1 hump on Deck 8. Very convenient to be near the park and to walk through the park to get to your cabin is nice. The only thing we would do different next time is to get a cabin closer to the elevators, a D8 or D5. We love our extended balcony on other class ships, but not worth the price for us on the Allure. We just didn't use it that much. I would instead use the savings for a nice excursion or dining package. I felt being closer to the elevators on this ship would have been better.

Glad everyone has positive feedback on Deck 8. We absolutely loved our cabin on deck 11, we also loved Central Park at night. I saw that cabin 8600 was open so we switched hoping that we made the right choice. Looks like we did. My wife and I enjoy ocean balconies and we don't mind paying the extra for them. I know that inside balconies are less expensive but we like the ocean view. Everyone has their own preference that is why the cruise lines have so many choices. I figure the only bad cabin is when I am not sailing in one!

We would pick deck 8. We like to be close to Central Park

Same here. We had a Deck 8 oceanview balcony and loved it. Walk up the hallway and into Central Park. Strolled through there every night before heading to the cabin to go to bed.

We are also willing to pay a little more to get the water view balconies. We love watching the water and getting up in the morning to see the view coming into ports or seeing what the weather is looking like for the day

Glad to hear the positives about deck 6 Oasis....we've booked #6662.

Another vote for Deck 6!:cool: We have a cabin near the aft elevators and it seems to work out just right.

........Oceanview (of course)

........Steps away from the Boardwalk

........Literally a staircase away from the Royal Promenade

........A short ride to Central Park (no taxi needed!)

Man, that is nice...:D

We have had a D1 hump on deck 14 twice on Oasis and loved it. Its close to the pools, sports deck, mini golf, solarium, etc. We don't mind walking or taking the stairs. If you have kids you might want to consider a higher deck.

I am confused now.

What does a "hump" cabin mean?

What is the "secret balcony"?

We are currently on Deck 11, I don't think we can change anyway as we wanted an ocean View and a Central park or Boardwalk view for our children and there were very few cabins left that were opposite. Hoping I haven't made a huge error!:eek:

I am confused now.

We are currently on Deck 11, I don't think we can change anyway as we wanted an ocean View and a Central park or Boardwalk view for our children and there were very few cabins left that were opposite. Hoping I haven't made a huge error!:eek:

Don't worry, we have been on deck 12 twice, once for the reason you state here, then we went back the second time because it worked for us.

The hump cabins are the ones on the part of the deck that stick out further, kind of bow out. They are usually higher level cabins.

The secret balconies really aren't secret, its just that not many people know about them. On decks 11, 12 & 14 at the back of the ship there are small balconies that are open to the public. You just go all the way to the end of the cabin hallway and there is a door to get to them. You can see the aquatheater and watch the shows, or just relax in a quiet semi private space if that's what you are looking for.

To the OP, as you can see there is not one ideal deck. Depending on what you are looking for on your cruise it can vary even for the same person if those you are traveling with or the reason for the cruise are different. You have a lot of great reason why people like certain decks. Let us know what is important to you and maybe we can pin it down, or take what you have read here and decide what works for YOU! Regardless of the deck you pick, you will enjoy Allure!!

I am confused now.

Nope you did not make a mistake you will have a great time. Everyone has their own tastes and likes. Deck 11 was great for us and should be for you. For my wife & I we really like Central Park at night so we changed to deck 8. On deck 11 Just walk to the aft of the ship and open the door great view of the Aquatheater. With kids you will be closer to the pools on deck 11 you made a fine choice.

Hi,

I also like Deck 8 on the Allure of the Seas. When we cruised on the Allure, we had two oceanview balcony staterooms (8182 and 8184) and thought the location was perfect. These staterooms were quite and only a short walk from Central Park.

Chuck

After recently getting off the Allure in a D1 Oceanview Balcony on Deck 9, I would say next time we will most likely stay on Deck 8. I would also suggest choosing a room as close to the aft elevators as possible, would make it extremely convenient for you. Deck 8 is also the deck to Central Park where there are many great food options, we loved Park Cafe for lunch! It was also the deck for Dazzles, so maybe choose a cabin that isn't exactly right next to the elevators, but fairly close and you won't have to deal with any noise coming from that venue. Hope that helps you!

Archived