Your time dining

cruisin_baker

What is the best time to get to the MDR when you do your time dining so it's not so crazy busy? Last year on Ecstasy we waited in a huge line to get in to the MDR but we got there at 5:45, so I assume that's too early? Thanks!

Carnival Fascination 2004

Carnival Liberty 2005

Celebrity Century 2006

Carnival Ecstasy 2012

Carnival Victory 2013

How does it work when they aske if you want to sit with others? Do they put tables together instead of leaving the 8 inches between them? I'm traveling solo and not sure if ATD is going to work.

They'll put you at one of the larger tables (8-10 seats) with other folks.

Our last cruise we chose ANYTIME, mostly because we knew we might not even hit the MDR, or only 2-3 times. (we just prefer the buffet for many reasons). The 2 times we did do evening meal we arrived at 4:45 when it opened. We always get a table for 3 preferring not to dine with strangers. We awake early and have breakfast by 6/6:30 and lunch by 11 or so, and with a child (8 years old) we need an early evening meal with her 8:30 bedtime. The evening meals we did do, we never had a wait at this time.

On the Triumph, we would go as soon as it opened at 5 something.

There was never a wait. Always got seated right away.

There was 2 of us and they never put us at a table with others, we didn't even have to ask and they did not ask us. It was always a table for 2.

What if the other people are already pass the appetizer or entree? Do they try to catch you up with everyone else?

When you get to the podium, they will ask if you want to be seated by yourself or others. If others, then they will seat you usually within a few minutes with others that show up and say they will sit with others. Basically they'll just create a table for you all and your service will be on the same schedule, appetizers, entrees, dessert.

How does it work when they aske if you want to sit with others? Do they put tables together instead of leaving the 8 inches between them? I'm traveling solo and not sure if ATD is going to work.

I always do ATD, and when I cruise solo I prefer to eat alone ( not that I'm anti social ) I just tell them that I would like to eat alone, I've seen plenty of people eating by themselves.

Archived