Where is Rhapsody going?

PCWalton1

I understand that you are all upset - I'd be too!

Hopefully RCI informs you soon...

Question is where RHAPSODY sails before her maiden call in Rome in July 2015...:confused:

That is indeed the question. It appears that there is now a gap from 17 April 2015 to July 2015. A period of some 60-90 days +/-

Ray in NH

Right.

Lets assume she will do several repositioning from Australia to Med for 50 days, all in all...

maybe before she heads to Rome she will depart from Venice or Piraeus/Athens.

Hmmm?, Sydney to Mediterranean, in 50-60 days could be quite appealing. It is the uncertainty, and oft-changing stories coming from RCI, that causes the frustration.

Ray in NH -- trying to exercise patience

I've never been on RCI so far, but as far as I watched it, I often saw that RCI sometimes cancels or changes itineraries - especially the "final routes" of the booking season...

50-60 days? Why not? I thnk it is possible. I do not know how long CELEBRITY SOLSTICE needed from Europe to Australia via Asia in late 2012...

I've never been on RCI so far, but as far as I watched it, I often saw that RCI sometimes cancels or changes itineraries - especially the "final routes" of the booking season...

50-60 days? Why not? I thnk it is possible. I do not know how long CELEBRITY SOLSTICE needed from Europe to Australia via Asia in late 2012...

Of course, they could stretch it for as long as they think they can fill cabins (without getting astronomical :eek: in pricing) for extended itineraries.

Time will reveal all.

Ray in NH

Edited by Ray in NH

Have just done some port searches and have Rhapsody of the Seas arriving in Darwin Australia on the 25th April 2015 her previous port Cairns with her next port of call Bali Indonesia.... come on RCL fess up ..................... we cruised on her maiden cruise to Australia from Honolulu back in 2007 so if she is going to Europe we are so going to be onboard for her final departure from here... cheers Shiona

Have just done some port searches and have Rhapsody of the Seas arriving in Darwin Australia on the 25th April 2015 her previous port Cairns with her next port of call Bali Indonesia.... come on RCL fess up ..................... we cruised on her maiden cruise to Australia from Honolulu back in 2007 so if she is going to Europe we are so going to be onboard for her final departure from here... cheers Shiona

Oh dear. That doesn't work for us. Thanks for your research.

I like your avatar...and badgers. :D:)

Edited by Coralc

Oh dear. That doesn't work for us. Thanks for your research.

I like your avatar...and badgers.

Nawwww thanks so much........:D;):D

For those already booked or thinking about joining the repo to Honolulu i hope the info is wrong:o..... sad when your cruise is cancelled..... cheers Shiona

Badgerbill great work.

Darwin 1300 25 April 15 - 1700 26 April 2015.

Rhapsody arrives (100th) Anzac Day 2015. I assume the 1300 arrival is due to restrictions imposed by the Australian Government for our bloodiest day in war. No entertainment, pubs, entertainment etc to open before 1300.

I assume most passengers will spend the night at Kakadu National Park 3 hours drive from Darwin.

It appears Cairns will be 22 April and Bali 28 April 2015.

http://www.darwinport.nt.gov.au/cruise-shipping/cruise-ship-schedule

Badgerbill great work.

Rhapsody arrives (100th) Anzac Day 2015. I assume the 1300 arrival is due to restrictions imposed by the Australian Government for our bloodiest day in war. No entertainment, pubs, entertainment etc to open before 1300.

I assume most passengers will spend the night at Kakadu National Park 3 hours drive from Darwin.

Thank you so much for the cruise schedule, springaussie!!! :):)

Looks that RHAPSODY stays overnight in Darwin.

When her next port is Bali, so she goes eastbound - that could be one of the repositioning cruises to Europe...

Thank you to all the super-sleuths out there. This could be very interesting. I wonder when RCI is going to act adult-wise and admit what they have done?

Ray in NH -- investigating visa requirements

Thank you to all the super-sleuths out there. This could be very interesting. I wonder when RCI is going to act adult-wise and admit what they have done?

Ray in NH -- investigating visa requirements

No Visa for Bali, as that is handled by the ship and then charged to your SeaPass Account. If I remember correctly, when we went to Bali during our Radiance cruise, it was $20pp.

No Visa for Bali, as that is handled by the ship and then charged to your SeaPass Account. If I remember correctly, when we went to Bali during our Radiance cruise, it was $20pp.
You will need one for Australia but that one is easy. India is the hard one if they stop there.

You will need one for Australia but that one is easy. India is the hard one if they stop there.

Thank you to both of you.

I knew about the Australia visa. I guess I'll have to wait until RCI lets us know exactly what itinerary they have decided to employ.

Ray in NH -- having difficulty excercising patience :rolleyes:

Thank you to both of you.

I knew about the Australia visa. I guess I'll have to wait until RCI lets us know exactly what itinerary they have decided to employ.

Ray in NH -- having difficulty excercising patience :rolleyes:

I'm so sorry that they are doing this to you. Your 3 cruises would have been a wonderful trip from arriving in Australia to arriving in Vancouver. Let's hope that they come up with something just as exciting, or better yet, more exciting.

I'm so sorry that they are doing this to you. Your 3 cruises would have been a wonderful trip from arriving in Australia to arriving in Vancouver. Let's hope that they come up with something just as exciting, or better yet, more exciting.

Thank you Patti,

We are trying to keep an pen mid about this whole scenario. You could be correct that this will present an even more exciting possibility. What makes this so frustrating is that folks are finding tid-bits of information on various port arrival/departure sites. Someone at RCI must be doing scheduling. Why not just let those who have booked know what is going on?

Ray in NH

Barcelona to Sydney on Solstice was 3 legs and 44 days.

S and P

Badgerbill great work.

Well unfortunately that will not suit us at all. Wonder when they will come clean or whether we should just call and cancel to get our deposit back, not real keen on letting them hold onto $900 per person if we are not going anywhere.

Kirsten

Well unfortunately that will not suit us at all. Wonder when they will come clean or whether we should just call and cancel to get our deposit back, not real keen on letting them hold onto $900 per person if we are not going anywhere.

Kirsten

Kirsten, if you cancel, do you get your deposit back in Australia?

We are just going to wait, and see what Royal Caribbean proposes to do with already booked passengers. :)

Kirsten, if you cancel, do you get your deposit back in Australia?

We are just going to wait, and see what Royal Caribbean proposes to do with already booked passengers. :)

This length of time out we would get it all back. We were going to wait and see what was happening but I just wonder how long they are going to take. We were booked in the Royal Family Suite for the Sydney to Hawaii - obviously Rhapsody is not going in that direction. We have already done this trip on the Radiance so wouldn't want to do that again, and the room we want isn't available anyway and the ports are the same as we have just done.

We were tying the trip into Long Service Leave thus the April start however we want to head to Hawaii not Asia. Also the 10 hour flight back with kids is about our limit (we only just survived going over this time to meet the Radiance to come home)!

I guess there is no harm in waiting just annoying if others can work out where the boat is going why can't the staff!

Kirsten

I have done some reseach and on 3rd Nov 2015 she is in Fremantle-Perth WA.

I am wondering if RCL are moving her between Australia and Europe as at the moment only Princess do 'world' cruises out of Australia each May to Europe and/or Nth America and these are so popular. I did speak to the C & A lady on the 'Voyager' and mentioned how popular these world (half world) cruise are with the 'baby boomers' in Australia and fill very quickly each year. This year I sailed Sydney to Venice along with 1928 other passengers and true the average age was 78!!! This cruise was not only Australians but 500 from NZ and quite a few Brits who had come out on PO UK (Aurora) plus Canadians,Italians and US folk. I think this would be a great move for RCL as they are chasing the $$$ and these type of long cruises are very popular from Sydney.