Whats not to miss in Windjammer

Oh that's too bad about the Paella.. I have a great go to place over here in South Jersey that I'm a big fan of. So my expectations of it probably wouldn't be that high..

Love French Fries. I'm sure our friends across the pond love e dipping them in mayo.icon7.gif

Lamb soup something I've never had.. but will give it a try

Fish chowder could be a little to fishy. I'm more the bisque, NE clam type.. I do like the shellfish soup at Chickies/Petes.

Thanks for your suggestions

They call it salad dressing

jc

Im 100% American! Born in the USA and I LOVE me some mayo on my fries! Much better than ketchup!

Agreed.... We had not seen this until we got to Bermuda. Like dumb Americans, we asked for ketchup and they looked at us like we had two heads. :D They were right. Dipping the fries in Mayo is much better than ketchup. We continue asking for the Mayo when we order fries in the US... Now they look at us funny again here, but they just don't know what they are missing. :D :cool:

I don't know what they do to them but I love their toasted bagels in the morning with cream cheese......

yes . . . with lox, onions and capers -- delish. That's my breakfast every day in the WJ. I also love the Indian food. There were quite a few choices on the Majesty at lunch and dinner. And the baked potatoes with the inside mashed, put back in the skin and broiled -- I think they're called "twice-baked" potatoes. They are very good.

"Love to take my tray of food out to the pool deck - I travel to be outside!! Wish they had more aft patio area's in WJ!"

We are also outdoorsy people and wondered whether we could make up a lunch tray from WJ and eat it out on the pool deck.

Edited by donna10

Haven't read the whole thread so maybe this is a repeat: What's not to miss in our opinion is dinner occasionally. Quiet, dimly lit, relaxed. A very nice alternative to the chaos and bright lights in the MDR, and pretty much the same food (and more):)

Edited by bouhunter

Haven't read the whole thread so maybe this is a repeat: What's not to miss in our opinion is dinner occasionally. Quiet, dimly lit, relaxed. A very nice alternative to the chaos and bright lights in the MDR, and pretty much the same food (and more):)

Precisely why we go to the WJ for dinner most nights. Usually we only go to the MDR for lobster night. We can always find a table next to the window and sample just about all the menu items being served in the MDR. Now, if they started serving the lobster in the WJ, we would never go to the MDR....

There is a couscous salad in the WJ that I adore. I always take some back to the room, and put it in the fridge for later that night. LOVE it.

Also, there is something yummy about a plate of taco chips, with chili, cheese and sour cream in the afternoon around the pool that just can't get any better...

Chass

Fun Post!

Breakfast, I love the omelet station (all the veggies, extra tomato and bacon, no cheese) and I have a personal favorite that I concocted a few years ago. A hard boiled egg (hot and sliced), toasted English muffin (buttered) sliced red onion and capers.

Lunch, I absolutely love the Moroccan lamb soup, I have only found it a few times and I think it was on the first day. It is a amazing! I agree about the honey stung chicken, it is hit or miss, but it has become an embarkation day ritual. Also the Waldorf salad is yummy, and the bread pudding with the white sauce, OMG, but that too can be hit or miss, IMHO. I also adore the Indian food, I don't even know the names but I have liked everything I have tried.

We have only done dinner there a few times, but I agree with anther's comment that the atmosphere is lovely and the food has been good as well.

I can't wait for our next cruise on the Freedom, December 8th!

Honey stung chicken! It was so good!

I was the only one in our group of 17 who got it that day and we looked for it every other day not knowing it was only available on the first day. I swore it was called bee stung chicken on the Oasis though...

"Love to take my tray of food out to the pool deck - I travel to be outside!! Wish they had more aft patio area's in WJ!"

We are also outdoorsy people and wondered whether we could make up a lunch tray from WJ and eat it out on the pool deck.

I do it all the time - so do a lot of other people - Enjoy!!