Whats not to miss in Windjammer

Sailing on IOS at the end of December. I have read about the specialty restaurants such as Chops/Giovannis table. Seen the MDR menus. Seen room service menu, etc.

My question to you all is what are some of your favorite things in the Windjammer?? Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner -- Doesn't matter.

Do they have any international foods. Sushi/Chinese food/Kielbasy/Mexican food/Crab legs etc??

That's funny, and shows you just how subjective food tastes are.

I was going to warn you to stay away from the paella! I think that RC's is terrible.

But do NOT miss the bread pudding during afternoon "snack" or "tea" time.

Honey stung chicken is hit or miss in quality. Sometimes it is good, sometimes it is NOT.

Their french fries are excellent.

I had AWESOME satay in the Jade section for dinner; one night it was beef; another night it was chicken. YUMMMMM

The moroccan lamb soup was out of this world.

Fish chowder was good, too.

Don't eat the desserts that "wiggle". :rolleyes:

I was going to warn you to stay away from the paella! I think that RC's is terrible.

Honey stung chicken is hit or miss in quality. Sometimes it is good, sometimes it is NOT.

I had AWESOME satay in the Jade section for dinner; one night it was beef; another night it was chicken. YUMMMMM

That is funny as I have tried the honey stung chicken three times and found them to be not much better than a bag of frozen store bought chicken strips. :p

That Moroccan lamb soup sounds terrific, is there a specific time in the cruise when they offer that?

Bill

For breakfast, I have become a huge fan of the Trainman breakfast sandwich which can only be made in the Windjammer. Im also a huge fan of the made to order fried eggs.

I like their fries. Especially when they are freshly put out.

Honey stung chicken on boarding day is just like Merion Mom said IMO. Its very hit or miss. its generally pretty good if you get up there early when they first put it out. After it sits under the heat lamps for a while. its not good at all.

Some people don't know they have an omelet station (on some ships) where you can have them make it any way you want it.

Some ships have a shrimp night, if you like shrimp you can't beat that, all you can eat!

I second the bread pudding!! (again not always on every ship :mad:).

That is funny as I have tried the honey stung chicken three times and found them to be not much better than a bag of frozen store bought chicken strips. :p

Thats all it is really. A precooked, Tyson processed frozen chicken "patty" with a semi sweet breading. I compare it to a giant chicken mcnugget or real similar to Tysons anytizers.

Breakfast - Hash

Lunch - French Fries!!

Afternoon Tea - French fry nachos!! I just make nachos using french fries instead of chips.

I agree no to the Paella but it was something I never had so the perfect time to try it. My taste buds said not for me :D

Another big NO is the burgers, awful! But burgers order through room service or in the MDR are great.

I agree it's a matter of taste.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Oh that's too bad about the Paella.. I have a great go to place over here in South Jersey that I'm a big fan of. So my expectations of it probably wouldn't be that high..

Love French Fries. I'm sure our friends across the pond love e dipping them in mayo.icon7.gif

Lamb soup something I've never had.. but will give it a try

Fish chowder could be a little to fishy. I'm more the bisque, NE clam type.. I do like the shellfish soup at Chickies/Petes.

Thanks for your suggestions

For breakfast, I have become a huge fan of the Trainman breakfast sandwich which can only be made in the Windjammer. Im also a huge fan of the made to order fried eggs.

I like their fries. Especially when they are freshly put out.

Honey stung chicken on boarding day is just like Merion Mom said IMO. Its very hit or miss. its generally pretty good if you get up there early when they first put it out. After it sits under the heat lamps for a while. its not good at all.

I've see the Trainman special in his review..icon14.gif lol

Edited by WWbytheSEA

Another vote for Honey Stung Chicken. I know many folks don't agree, but for me, it's a don't miss! Also for dessert I love their Roulade. My favorite is the vanilla cake/vanilla crème but they several variations, including chocolate. Also they some of the best mashed potatoes ever. I eat them every night in the MDR and almost every time they have them in the WJ.

Edited by yj2cute

Breakfast - Hash

Lunch - French Fries!!

Afternoon Tea - French fry nachos!! I just make nachos using french fries instead of chips.

I agree no to the Paella but it was something I never had so the perfect time to try it. My taste buds said not for me :D

Another big NO is the burgers, awful! But burgers order through room service or in the MDR are great.

I agree it's a matter of taste.

BonVoyage

Dawna

OMG, Dawn. Why didn't I ever think of that? I'm gonna do it on my next cruise!