Whats not to miss in Windjammer

The honey stung chicken (which I consumed in sandwich form on a hamburger bun with lettuce and some other stuff).

For whatever reason their cheese filled ravioli and marinara sauce was really good on our last trip.

We had some sort of fruit cobbler one night (and one night only) that was insanely good. I could have eaten an entire plate of it.

We didn't have honey stung chicken first day on Freedom last month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Well then, I guess we will have to start a new embarkation day ritual!! :)

In case you misunderstood....it was not available. Someone asked and we got the impression that we might not see it again. However, we did have some cut into fingers in the lounge one night.

It is great that tastes are all over. I vote for mayo on fries...

I use a power chair and what I have not read IS THE GREAT SERVICE AND HELP individuals like me get in WJ!

Herb of Rebeca and Herb ;) :confused:

I'd be quite surprised if they didn't help you. Normally the service is fantastic in the wj. My mom uses a cane and can normally take care of herself but it is usually the norm for 3-4 people to come up to her and want to carry her plate and help her get her food and carry it back to the table for her.

The indian food, of all types, well not true indian but close.

Now here is something no one has mentioned or maybe it was a one and done dish. On the Monarch, for lunch first day, they had a Shepard's pie that was to die for, we have looked for it on all cruises since then but never found it.

Why do I read threads like this when I'm on a diet? Killing myself here...

I will add this: I think psychologists should do some sort of study on how good moods affect people's perception of the taste of foods.

For me, walking into the WJ during that period of time between embarkation, and when the cabin hallway doors open - is magical. Pretty much anything we grab will taste just fine.

I am learning a lot in this thread though..

Another big NO is the burgers, awful!

Completely disagree.

The burgers you pile up yourself are wonderful.

I miss them when I'm not cruising :D:D

And another vote for dinner in the WJ. It's calm and quiet there, love the atmosphere.

And Quentin Tarantino introduced the mayo-using Europeans in 1994 ;)

Blech all you want, you're in the minority :)

Edited by Sinppu

As a Brit I was pleasantly surprised to see Steak and Kidney pie on the buffet.

It was a really nice change half way through the trip, a nice bit of home cooked stodge!

We cruised on Indy last December, on the first 2 cruises after Indy had been in the UK for a few years. There were several breakfast items that I had never seen before. Some black circular things I never had the guts to try.

For breakfast, I love the white chocolate donuts and have a bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese.

Fries with mayo for me at lunch and tuna salad

Also hoard the coconut ranger cookies. Great with vanilla ice cream.

Sushi and Mongolian stir fry for dinner.

Yes, I think that was it! I remember asking, because I was thinking about trying it, but the name put me off. Thanks!

It should put you off, because that's what it's made of :eek:

Our version is a sausage and we dip it in lingonberry jam. It's called the black sausage so children eat it without knowing what it's made of...

And once you find out the main ingredient you've already acquired the taste (or not). So you don't care anymore :D

Same here. Mayo on fries. Ketchup is so over rated..... : D

Of course malt vinegar is good too (and no, I'm not English;) )

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Try mixing all 3. Almost like a thousand island dressing. Excellent dip for fries.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Why do I read threads like this when I'm on a diet? Killing myself here...

I will add this: I think psychologists should do some sort of study on how good moods affect people's perception of the taste of foods.

For me, walking into the WJ during that period of time between embarkation, and when the cabin hallway doors open - is magical. Pretty much anything we grab will taste just fine.

I am learning a lot in this thread though..

It is torturing reading this while on diet isn't it? Although it makes me crave all the great sounding foods, it actually supports my diet as it give more incentive to lose more now so we can enjoy all the items described here once we step foot on the ship.

Try mixing all 3. Almost like a thousand island dressing. Excellent dip for fries.

May just have to do that--sounds good to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is great that tastes are all over. I vote for mayo on fries...

I use a power chair and what I have not read IS THE GREAT SERVICE AND HELP individuals like me get in WJ!

Herb of Rebeca and Herb ;) :confused:

If you ask they will gladly help. The reason you must ask is some folks get offended when help is offered so they don't offer anymore to avoid offending.

Go and enjoy! :)

I'd be quite surprised if they didn't help you. Normally the service is fantastic in the wj. My mom uses a cane and can normally take care of herself but it is usually the norm for 3-4 people to come up to her and want to carry her plate and help her get her food and carry it back to the table for her.

It's got to be Chips & gravy or chip, vinegar and tomato sauce.

I have a question... i had heard once that what they have in the MDR is in WJ for the dinner entrees?

Also, I'm not a very big person, but i love to eat... has anyone ever gone to the MDR and then afterward go to the WJ?

We have always gone to the MDR, we enjoy the atmosphere and having the same waiter everynight.

Thanks for the input!

I have a question... i had heard once that what they have in the MDR is in WJ for the dinner entrees?

Most of the same things are available in the WJ, with the exception of lobster and escargot. You will find many of the same items available, just, um... in bigger serve-yourself portions! hehe