Whats not to miss in Windjammer

My favorite, all over the ship, is Coconut Ranger Cookies. I adore those circles of love and have been known to secret some off the ship at the end of the voyage. SSSSHHHH, don't tell please.

Just came off a 7 night cruise on Explorer 10 days ago - no Ranger cookies to be found anywhere until night 5 in the Cafe Promenade. I think they finally got tired of me asking for them. I took a dozen back up to the room! :D:D

What I like best about WJ is being able to try things I would never order in a restaurant for fear of not liking something then having to pay for it! There I can try several small tastes of different items and go back for he one I like the best. I would never had tried Indian if not for the WJ!

Just came off a 7 night cruise on Explorer 10 days ago - no Ranger cookies to be found anywhere until night 5 in the Cafe Promenade. I think they finally got tired of me asking for them. I took a dozen back up to the room! :D:D

What exactly are Ranger cookies?

I never saw them on Independence of the Seas (and I looked every day), and it wasn't until the last day of my Jewel of the Seas cruise that I finally got to try them.

Funny experience on a Western Med cruise: our high-school graduate daughter and I were going thru the WJ line and came across a big tray of green goo. There wasn't a sign to identify it..

That reminds me of Vegas Vacation where Clark and Cousin Eddie were at the crappy buffet and the server asked them "do you want yellow or blue?" As he was showing them these pans of colored.....umm....whatever it was...

I'm sure us Americans eat a lot of things that seem strange to foreigners, just as they eat various things that Americans would find questionable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by A2Mich

That reminds me of Vegas Vacation where Clark and Cousin Eddie were at the crappy buffet and the server asked them "do you want yellow or blue?" As he was showing them these pans of colored.....umm....whatever it was...

I'm sure us Americans eat a lot of things that seem strange to foreigners, just as they eat various things that Americans would find questionable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Cousin Eddie: "Can I get some of the yella'? And don't get cheap on me!"

Shepherds Pie should be made with minced lamb and cottage pie with minced beef. Otherwise they are just the same.

Glad I read the whole thread as I was just about to post what you did. Shepherd's Pie or Cottage Pie...both are yummy. Here in the USA we tend to see cottage pie labeled as shepherd's pie more often than not... but nobody seems to care!!!;):D

Ketchup, horseradish, poured over a block of cream cheese….BOOM! Rosie just got better.

but I love my mayo…. :D

Rosie would be spectacular if you mixed in a generous handful of baby shrimp. Delicious spread on crackers. :D

Rosie would be spectacular if you mixed in a generous handful of baby shrimp. Delicious spread on crackers. :D

That's it- ketchup/horseradish/creamcheese and shrimp- someone brings this over for Christmas every year. I am thinking where have I had this before.. thanks .. Was driving me crazy

I only ate in Windjammer twice during our cruise over the weekend. I did not know until after coming back home that there is a chocolate fountain in the evenings!

Apparently, wasabi coated marshmallows aren't that great dipped in chocolate, but they had many items for dipping.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question... i had heard once that what they have in the MDR is in WJ for the dinner entrees?

Also, I'm not a very big person, but i love to eat... has anyone ever gone to the MDR and then afterward go to the WJ?

We have always gone to the MDR, we enjoy the atmosphere and having the same waiter everynight.

Thanks for the input!

My husband loves to do that... we'll eat in the MDR, then an hour or so later head to the windjammer. lmao

Not sure if anyone has posted this or not (sorry if it has already been mentioned) but the selection of international cheese in the WJ in the evening is amazing!!! Also the ice cream (not from the machines) that the waiters in the WJ serve is really yummy too........:):)

I have not read through the whole thread but this is what I found good.....

Breakfast - the pancakes, strawberry goo (can't remember the proper name!) and whipped cream was AMAZING!

I missed my English style bacon because I do not like crispy bacon, they did have some soft bacon but I think it had been cooked with peppers and onion from memory.

I loved all their rice dishes (it's my soft spot) so the Chicken a la king and the stroganoffs were yummy :)

Wasn't keen on many of the desserts...I don't know if I just missed al the good ones but whenever I went up there was just different dishes of goo in different colours :confused:

Honey stung chicken - was really excited to try this after so many glowing reviews about it but both times I had it the chicken was dry. Will give it another go, hopefully it will be third time lucky :D

Glad I read the whole thread as I was just about to post what you did. Shepherd's Pie or Cottage Pie...both are yummy. Here in the USA we tend to see cottage pie labeled as shepherd's pie more often than not... but nobody seems to care!!!;):D

Ur right, no one cares:D