Whats not to miss in Windjammer

The best things for us were the english bacon for breakfast until it ran out two days before the end of the cruise and one night only real cheese instead of the tasteless rubber, a whole stilton, gorgeous!

What exactly is a trainman breakfast sandwich??

Here you go -- Official Trainman Breakfast sandwich -- Photos and commentary compliments of Trainman

Building an Official Trainman-2 Breakfast Sandwich

A CAUTIONARY NOTE: This Sandwich has been Disapproved by my personal Team of Doctors. I recommend that everyone obtain Medical Clearance before attempting to build one of these.

Step 1: Smear Creme Cheese onto two halves of a Toasted English Muffin.

DSCN3678.jpg

Step 2: Spread Jam of your choice on top of the Creme Cheese.

DSCN3679.jpg

Step 3. Carefully arrange four sausages on one muffin half.

DSCN3680.jpg

Step 4. Assemble and enjoy!

DSCN3681.jpg

I recommend that all CC'ers limit themselves to a maximum of 10 or these sandwiches per day!

Love spinach, little chedder and some hot sauce omelet

Do they have just egg whites as well.. Not that I really eat healthy to begin with.. But don't mind egg whites..

Yes, I've had egg white omelets made to order at the omelet station.

honey Strung chicken on day 1.. Its really good.. I second the comment about their french fries they are pretty good.. I could list alot of other stuff too here too..

I talked to someone who went on the Allure after I did and him and his wife said there wasnt enough different kinds of food there in the WJ :eek:.

I told them they were crazy

Although I did not eat in the WJ for dinner on my last cruise - here are the things that stood out for me:

Thai Vegetable Fritters with Sweet Curry Sauce

Indonesian Rice with Peanut Sauce

Seafood Paella (was a lot better than I had expected - and had a ton of real seafood, which I also did not expect)

Salad bar - The salad bar had a decent selection of veggies, cheeses, etc - and you can also add some of the hot veggies (or even chicken) to the salad as well.

I have tried the Honey Stung Chicken twice, and I was not impressed. I tried it the first time due to recommendations on this board and did not love it (not bad, but not as great as everyone said), then once again on my last cruise because I figured that maybe I had a bad batch the first time - but still was not impressed.

But as said many times, food is very subjective.

For an alternate to the Trainman Sandwich - I prefer bacon (crispy) instead of the sausage - I've been having it that way for years (and many times without the Jam/Jelly) - and on a toasted bagel (everything bagel preferred). Another variation is to melt butter onto the toasted bread prior to adding the cream cheese.

honey Strung chicken on day 1.. Its really good.. I second the comment about their french fries they are pretty good.. I could list alot of other stuff too here too..

I talked to someone who went on the Allure after I did and him and his wife said there wasnt enough different kinds of food there in the WJ .

I told them they were crazy

Compared to years past, the variety of items has decreased -- although I have not been on the Allure, the WJ buffets I have been to are small when compared to some of the huge mega buffets we have in the area I live.

Edited by Travel R

I completely agree about the french fries, really good. For the adventurous (or the Indian food lovers) it seems like they have benn putting out Saag Paneer (sp?) lately and it has been some of the best I've ever had.

Before the questions - it is curried spinach and 'farmers' style cheese.

Although I did not eat in the WJ for dinner on my last cruise - here are the things that stood out for me:

Thai Vegetable Fritters with Sweet Curry Sauce

Indonesian Rice with Peanut Sauce

Seafood Paella (was a lot better than I had expected - and had a ton of real seafood, which I also did not expect)

Salad bar - The salad bar had a decent selection of veggies, cheeses, etc - and you can also add some of the hot veggies (or even chicken) to the salad as well.

Thai Vegetable Fritters / Indonesian Rice with Peanut Sauce -- they both sound ( and I bet taste ) great -- That's what i'm talkin about

Edited by WWbytheSEA

I like the shrimp chips. Is the trainman something they make up (never seen it), or something you prepare? Don't understand why you get better results in the Windjammer, unless it's taster because it's on a cruise ship.

No the Trainman is a poster on this site that does some great "LIVE" reviews along with his wife Judith. He loves creating names for things he makes up specifically in the Windjammer. Search Trainman and you will find him.

I like the shrimp chips. Is the trainman something they make up (never seen it), or something you prepare? Don't understand why you get better results in the Windjammer, unless it's taster because it's on a cruise ship.

Ok Give me a little more detail please.. What are these Shrimp Chips you like??

You will find the Trainman sandwich a few posts above.

I really dont know how to explain it. Ive tried to duplicate it at home and it just isnt the same. The English muffins and sausage links I can find dont come close to the ones Royal caribbean has.

But yeah, a lot of it may be its because its on a cruise. :D

Had the hash on Legend in 2012 out of Singapore - they were ice cold - told the server, there was a problem with the hot pot - noooo - local tastes - the Asian's prefer them cold. Ich!! now, I try a mini taste to make sure they are hot first! Only get them for a treat on cruises.

Love a fresh omlete - not keen on the instant scambled eggs (are they really eggs - never seen such yellow eggs). Love bacon. crusty rolls.

Not keen on most desserts - most made from the same tastess too sugary white base with a mouse of some flavour (or not) on top.

Love an icecream to go as I top off my meal and go for a walk to digest my meal.

Love to take my tray of food out to the pool deck - I travel to be outside!! Wish they had more aft patio area's in WJ!

and Vermont cheese curds are awesome! :eek:

Funny story about that: on the way back from a trip to Montreal we stopped at the Cabot Cheese factory in Vermont. During the factory tour someone asked the tour guide what the unprocessed curds tasted like, and the guide replied that while you technically could eat the curds they'd probably taste gross. My girlfriend and I just stood there agape, having just spent a long weekend gorging on poutine. We couldn't believe that someone leading tours at a cheese factory would say that!