Best way to experience sailaway on Reflection?

wpgcycler

Being a total cruise virgin, hence never having experienced a sailaway, I'm interested in your thoughts of how to make the most of the experience. Should I be fore or aft? Inside or outside? Upper or lower? In a bar? On the verandah? Make my sailaway the best!

Thanks!

I have not been on Reflection, but I'm not a cruise virgin. so, here is my advice.

1 - go up to the Lido deck and join the sailaway party (most cruise ships have one). If no 'official' sailaway party, you will be able to find a great spot to watch (or move around easily as the ship moves away from port).

2 - join your roll call for your cruise. sometimes your roll call buiddies will have planned an informal meet and greet sailaway party at the pool party or some other great sailaway location.

If you have not found your roll call - from the forums page, go to Roll Call; Celebrity Connections; Reflection; find your sail date and say 'hi'.

Enjoy your first cruise. However, I must caution you - cruising is addictive!!!! :eek:

If you attend the sail away you will be enclosed on the deck around the pool.

You may want to be on the open deck above so you can see, and hear the activities from the pool and also watch the ship pull away. All that is happening by the pool is that there will be some type of sail away party music.

It is nicer to look at the shore line, the people waving from there the private boats, watching the parade of cruise ships leaving and etc than being around the pool.

.🎅🎄

As far forward as possible on the highest open deck which are decks 15 and 16. This allows you to see both sides as you leave the Port of Miami. If not your cup of tea then Sunset Bar is nice at the rear of the ship or if bad weather (god forbid) then the relaxation room on deck 11 or the Sky Observation Lounge on deck 14. Happy Cruising!

The best place - on my balcony, drink in hand with my husband!

That's VERY kind of you Jane! Do you think he'll like me? :D

But seriously folks... Thanks for all these great suggestions. Hopefully I'll discover that I like cruising and will be able to try all these different ideas on future cruises!

So funny if just found your post, as I had posted a question on my Roll Call about sail away and if there was anything planned. Sounds like the resounding recommendation is to go to the Sunset Bar - sounds good to me.

Thanks for the recommendations.

See ya'll in 10 days!

Being a total cruise virgin, hence never having experienced a sailaway, I'm interested in your thoughts of how to make the most of the experience. Should I be fore or aft? Inside or outside? Upper or lower? In a bar? On the verandah? Make my sailaway the best!

Thanks!

Just a suggestion. Before the ship's sails away walk around the top couple of decks. And just look around the sky line. No matter where you are sailing away from, it's a wonderful sight. Then go find cruise critic people from the roll call and enjoy the sail away. Enjoy cruising!!!

Thanks!

We are on the cruise just before yours. Our roll call group is going to meet at the Sunset Bar for the sailaway. Great way to meet before the M&M!

On Reflection, find out who has the Reflection Suite and become their friend, and sail away from there....!

Sorry, but we sail the week before you do. We will be out of the suite before you get on board........lol.

I'll wave to you as we leave.

Howard

You didn't ask this, but on a related note: make sure you find time to see a sunrise and a sunset on your cruise. If you have a balcony, you can do it from there. Depends which side of the ship you are on, but the sun rises in the east and sets on the west, so you'll get a chance to see both from your balcony on different days. On deck, any day works. Some of my best cruise memories are relaxing with a drink and watching the sun go down over the horizon while at sea.

Thanks cynbar, I'm indeed looking forward to the magic of sunrise/sunset from our balcony (an A2, 1658 - 16 being the the year I met the woman I would spend my life with and 58 being the year my life began - cool eh?).

And to the Sunset Bar crowd... So, I think I'm sold on the Sunset Bar for Sailaway. I'm assuming I should hightail it there immediately following the muster drill - is there a mad dash? Sorry if this sounds stupid but I'm having difficulty imagining how there couldn't be some contention for seats with 3000+ people heading to the Sunset Bar for Sailaway, Martini Bar before dinner etc. I suppose I've got a lot to learn...

Sorry if this sounds stupid but I'm having difficulty imagining how there couldn't be some contention for seats with 3000+ people heading to the Sunset Bar for Sailaway, Martini Bar before dinner etc. I suppose I've got a lot to learn...

Its not a stupid question at all as it seems like it would be a problem. But its not. The 3,000 are spread all over a HUGE ship. I have never had a problem standing anywhere I wanted for sail away. Ever. Pick your favorite spot, and have a great time. There is little like sail away out on deck with a drink in hand. It is the best.