OMG at FLL hotel prices!! Help please!

bubbles1209

OMG at Fort Lauderdale hotel prices for Feb. 7th!! Where's the best deal? It's been a while since we have cruised out of here, but Fort Lauderdale Grande hotel is no longer, & Holiday Inn Express wants over $300 for a night.:eek: Any ideas, help?

Edited by bubbles1209

I thought the very same thing. But than again, it is winter and people like, and need, the warmth. I needed a hotel for one night, Jan 31st. I have booked at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport, 2500 Stirling Road | Hollywood | FL | United States 33020

The rate I got is $189, with tax, etc. comes to $209.

OMG at Fort Lauderdale hotel prices for Feb. 7th!! Where's the best deal? It's been a while since we have cruised out of here, but Fort Lauderdale Grande hotel is no longer, & Holiday Inn Express wants over $300 for a night.:eek: Any ideas, help?

We made the mistake of booking a cruise out of Miami Super Bowl weekend. :eek: I was offered a Super 8 for 600$. I siad no, and she asked if I wanted to hold it on my card while I shopped around. I said no again. I did find two alternatives

1 the Miami Zoo had a sleep with the animals program where you get to spend the night at the zoo. I did concider it, even tho it was expensive, it was cheaper than a hotel.

2 we stayed at a KOA campground in a camper cabin. We brought sheets with us on the flight and slept in our clothes. Not comfortable, but it worked for us. What really helped is that we had been there for a few nights already so we had a rental car. Hotels were reasonable until that last night.

I tell myself all the time, not to make the same mistake, two years later, I booked us out of San Juan during San Sebastion Festival, fast forward another 2 years, we end up on a flight from Chicago to Dallas full of Cheeseheads (literally hats and everything) on thier way to watch Green Bay play in the Super Bowl. (that was a fun flight, everyone was happy) Believe it or not we hit San Sebastian again in another 2 years. So now when i tell one of my coworkers what our plans are she asks where the Super Bowl is and what festival is going on.

Anyway, I would keep checking and checking rooms. If you have the time to rent a car, you can rent a car and drive further away from the port where hotels may be cheaper. But returning the car adds another cab ride. Good Luck!

Are you flying in or driving?

Don't get your hopes up.....tried to book thru Value trips for January and again for March.....no rooms available:(. Hope you have better luck than we did.

We were able to book for our March cruise but I did it about two months ago.

snow bunny

I am going in February as well and booked my room a few months ago too.

I used www.stay123.com staying at The Cambria Suites where I can

leave my car for the time needed (9 nights).

Jan, Feb, March.......all those months are high season.

If there are just two of you, you can book something on PL for less.

Also look at Hotwire or lastminutetravel.com. THe last one here is the only one cancellable if you decide to change. Look further from the port/downtown to save money. Might want to look at hotel chains with clubs and you could get something for less..ie Hyatt Honors etc.

Edited by eandj

If there are just two of you, you can book something on PL for less.

Also look at Hotwire or lastminutetravel.com. THe last one here is the only one cancellable if you decide to change. Look further from the port/downtown to save money. Might want to look at hotel chains with clubs and you could get something for less..ie Hyatt Honors etc.

Last Minute Travel Club...you have until 3 days prior to arrival to cancel...We have used this site and have gotten the best rates out of all the other booking options available.

Needed hotel for mid Jan 2014 post cruise...4 nights

..RCL has 3 nighter cheaper even with single supplement...

I chickened out..kept searching..

..Surprise!..Found Holiday Inn Sheridan Street has a "Discover Florida' rate $149+tax. Must prepay 1 night. Pick up from PtEglade $10. Plus flat rate to Airport ((didn't ask $)

Your room is assigned on your arrival 'is the catch'..but IT IS Holiday Inn.

They didn't ask for 'senior' status (maybe they guessed).

They didn't ask for citizenship (Cdn..maybe it was my accent)

I don't know if this price is for all HInns.

The property is on bus line, TRI-Rail is 6 minute walk.

Boring and proper for this solo senior. Fun in Florida:):cool:

Last Minute Travel Club...you have until 3 days prior to arrival to cancel...We have used this site and have gotten the best rates out of all the other booking options available.

LMTCLUB.com This is a good option if you can get a "free membership".

Too, if you don't see the hotel you want on this site, with a call they will might be able to help find the hotel if available. TThe rep just found one we wanted for Chicago that wasn't on the website.;)

Edited by eandj

Needed hotel for mid Jan 2014 post cruise...4 nights

..RCL has 3 nighter cheaper even with single supplement...

I chickened out..kept searching..

..Surprise!..Found Holiday Inn Sheridan Street has a "Discover Florida' rate $149+tax. Must prepay 1 night. Pick up from PtEglade $10. Plus flat rate to Airport ((didn't ask $)

Was curious so I found a link to this rate - Discover Florida Rate

Turns out it's only good for stays of 4 nights or longer & only until January 25th, 2014

It comes with some nice perks though:

Stay longer and save more by getting up to 25% off when you book at least four nights

Enjoy a breakfast buffet for two adults and children staying in the room.

Move at your own pace - get a 4pm late check-out (based on availability)

Bubbles, just wondering if you were able to find something for Feb 7th yet.

A site I find helpful to know what hotels to check out is http://www.parkingstay.com/p/ft-lauderdale.html as it is in chart form so you can see what is and is not included and there is a map so you can see how close the property is to the airport and cruiseport.

We are cruising from Fort Lauderdale on Feb. 8th too. We are on Carnival Freedom. Curious if we will finally be on the same ship at the same time.

(We got a good park and cruise rate at the Residence Inn Plantation for Feb. 7 but we booked it some time ago now.)

Bubbles, just wondering if you were able to find something for Feb 7th yet.

A site I find helpful to know what hotels to check out is http://www.parkingstay.com/p/ft-lauderdale.html as it is in chart form so you can see what is and is not included and there is a map so you can see how close the property is to the airport and cruiseport.

We are cruising from Fort Lauderdale on Feb. 8th too. We are on Carnival Freedom. Curious if we will finally be on the same ship at the same time.

(We got a good park and cruise rate at the Residence Inn Plantation for Feb. 7 but we booked it some time ago now.)

I believe we will be on the same ship at the same time. 8 day on Freedom to Antigua & Tortola ........ Have found a hotel ( Candlewood Suites) for $209 for the night, but still looking

I thought the very same thing. But than again, it is winter and people like, and need, the warmth. I needed a hotel for one night, Jan 31st. I have booked at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport, 2500 Stirling Road | Hollywood | FL | United States 33020

The rate I got is $189, with tax, etc. comes to $209.

Prices there are now $234 & up per night

Edited by bubbles1209

Last year in February we got Hyatt Pier 66 for $125/night...this year it was over $369!

But we did use last minute travel dot com, as folks here suggested, and were able to get the Hyatt for $240.

Guess that's a busy week in Fort Lauderdale...i'm guessing there will be a big convention in town!

I believe we will be on the same ship at the same time. 8 day on Freedom to Antigua & Tortola ........ Have found a hotel ( Candlewood Suites) for $209 for the night, but still looking

Yep, that's the one! :) Hope we get to meet on the ship. I have enjoyed reading your reviews and identify with your enthusiasm for cruising. Please join our roll call thread - it's not real active but there are some things planned you might enjoy joining, and it's interesting to see what everyone has planned for the port days.

Glad you found a hotel, and it doesn't hurt to keep looking.

I would have liked to have found something closer to the port at the price we got for the Plantation property, but after reading here about prices in February, I feel fortunate to find what we did.

Yep, that's the one! :) Hope we get to meet on the ship. I have enjoyed reading your reviews and identify with your enthusiasm for cruising. Please join our roll call thread - it's not real active but there are some things planned you might enjoy joining, and it's interesting to see what everyone has planned for the port days.

Glad you found a hotel, and it doesn't hurt to keep looking.

I would have liked to have found something closer to the port at the price we got for the Plantation property, but after reading here about prices in February, I feel fortunate to find what we did.

Hopefully we will meet, I'll join the roll call.....have been staying away from them because of a bad experience or 2, but will give it a try. Can't wait for this trip, this year was the 1st year since 2006 I did not take a cruise & I am having cruise withdrawal!!