Jeans on Formal Night

mollynmax

On Carnival (especially ships sailing from Galveston), I know that I have seen men wearing nice, dark, jeans (starched & ironed), with boots and dress shirts on Formal night. A couple that we are cruising with includes a husband who simply does not do dress slacks. He wears Western jeans, starched, ironed & creased, and boots. Will he be turned away from the MDR on formal night? I don't want them to be embarrased...:(

On Carnival (especially ships sailing from Galveston), I know that I have seen men wearing nice, dark, jeans (starched & ironed), with boots and dress shirts on Formal night. A couple that we are cruising with includes a husband who simply does not do dress slacks. He wears Western jeans, starched, ironed & creased, and boots. Will he be turned away from the MDR on formal night? I don't want them to be embarrased...:(

Honesty the only time I have seen anyone turned away on formal night was people who tried to get in with shorts.

Have a great cruise!!!

Formal wear is so subjective. If your friend believes that his attire is formal enough he will be fine. Just as the previous poster put it, I too have only seen a few people turned away because they were wearing shorts.

It will be up to the Maitre'd. Yes, it is possible he will be stopped and required to change. It is also possible he will not be stopped. Your best indication is if the Maitre'd announces the night before that Elegant Night will be the next night with proper attire required.

I've seen just what you described on many cruises that sail from Galveston. I'm sure your friends will be fine. You also might tell them to go in when the dining room first opens. It's always packed and it's easier to get in wearing almost anything. :rolleyes:

Honesty the only time I have seen anyone turned away on formal night was people who tried to get in with shorts.

Have a great cruise!!!

Also have only seen people in shorts turned away on Elegant Nights. Men only need to wear decent long pants and a shirt with a collar.

LuLu

~~~~

Regardless of what you hear, read or post the final answer is what is on the Carnival website and may be in enforced. Here it is:

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

-------------------------------------

So it would depend on the the dining staff of that ship. Would anyone notice coming out of Texas? Most likely not but again above is the rule...

Both of the Carnival cruises we have done from Galveston, I saw jeans in the MDR, on formal night.

Also there were others dressed up in suit and tie

Besides the khaki and polo crowd

Edited by jonbgd

Sounds like he is really making an effort to dress well to impress as he sees fit, just hate the men who show up in a wrinkled shirt, dirty

kackis and putting no effort into what should be an "Elegant Evening"

For you, please eat at the Lido, for the OP'S friend, he will be welcomed in the MDR.............Can you see Willie Nelson in a tux?:eek:

My husband has worn black jeans on every elegant night that we have every experienced!! Even if they were blue jeans, if they looked good no one would say a word!!

Have you all seen the prices of good jeans these days???

One reason we sail on Carnival is that elegant night means whatever you'd like it to mean and there is no need to go over the top dressy if that is not your thing!