Princess shampoo rumor

generichandle

Dispensers are now on the Emerald Princess. Elite amenities include product in tubes. It's not the same eucalyptus but still doesn't smell good.

Oh, YUK!! The soap dispensers are one of the few things I HATED about the Royal Princess! It is impossible to get a good body lather with that junk. Going to have to bring my own bars, I suppose. Fortunately, I have a Boy Scout soap holder with a cord that I can bring.......

I did not say I liked the eucalyptus shampoo for the smell, though I do not find it offensive. I like it because it is more effective than any dandruff shampoo that I have tried. I hate being 'snowy and scaly' and this stuff is good for even two days if you require it. I cannot find any version of it in Cincinnati, so am very stingy with what I brought home. I really hope Princess does not discontinue it.

Doug

One percenters are those with more than enough money, in the case of "bikers' it has a very bad meaning. Those are the only two references that I know of so take your pick on this one. LOL;)

I'm not familiar with biker connotations but Holomoku is on the right path there. It's a term popularized by those concerned about increasing income disparity claiming 1% of the population controls almost half the wealth.

Something like that.

Maybe because they are taking all the free soap and shampoo.

:D

Just off the Sapphire with Tricia. Tricia do you remember the thongs on the outrigger in Bora Bora? WooHoo! Sorry off topic. Anyway we were on Lido deck and they installed the unfilled dispensers the first week we were on board. By the third week they were still empty and one day we returned and the only thing that was there was the holder…they had taken the bottles. I thought perhaps they were being filled and would show up but after 28 days they never made there debut. We had to be careful not to hit the holder when we were in the shower.

Haha... (Still off topic). Do I remember the thongs??? YES! And

I have a great picture! :-). Tricia

• 4 weeks later...

This was asked before but never answered.

What are the current Elite amenities?

I know PescadoAmarillo said "tubes" but tubes of what, please?

Shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion, shower gel, ........?

:confused: ... :confused: ... :confused:

I've always brought my own soaps and lotions for my sensitive skin so I don't have to deal with the changes. However, after the recent articles on dirty dispensers I'm glad I won't be using them on our upcoming cruises. We always bring Soft Soap to keep at the sink; it's much neater than a wet bar of soap on the counter.

lol I thought I was the only one to bring along soft soap for the sink.

debkjw

Small 2 ounce bottles of Shampoo, Conditioner, Bath Gel, and Hand Lotion.

Mike:)

Suite bath amenities on the Caribbean Princess, as of December 2013:

Q-Tips / cotton balls

Emery board

Round bar soap

Stick of sunblock (Still wondering if this is for lips or skin LOL)

Eucalyptus body wash in small bottle

Eucalyptus lotion in small bottle

Non-eucalyptus shampoo-with-conditioner in a Tube

Gel eye mask

*The shower-mounted dispensers are not yet installed in Suites.

*Gone: Loofah Pad Scrubber :(

*Gone: Eucalyptus Shampoo, Eucalyptus Conditioner... the steward said they are at the end of the supply of these and they're starting to just place the tubes of Combo Product until the dispensers are installed

Edited by sminfiddle
etaoin shrdlu

Suite bath amenities on the Caribbean Princess, as of December 2013:

Q-Tips / cotton balls

Emery board

Round bar soap

Stick of sunblock (Still wondering if this is for lips or skin LOL)

Eucalyptus body wash in small bottle

Eucalyptus lotion in small bottle

Non-eucalyptus shampoo-with-conditioner in a Tube

Gel eye mask

*The shower-mounted dispensers are not yet installed in Suites.

*Gone: Loofah Pad Scrubber :(

*Gone: Eucalyptus Shampoo, Eucalyptus Conditioner... the steward said they are at the end of the supply of these and they're starting to just place the tubes of Combo Product until the dispensers are installed

Thanks.

This sounds like the "old" list of amenities.

I was wondering what the new things were on the ships that had the dispensers already installed.

Astro Flyer,

So how is it you know Hawaiian? Whoops let's not hijack this thread, but I do hope that in the drydocks that Princess adds a foot rest to the showers. That was one of the things I found very comfortable on the Celebrity Sostice. If anyone on the Sapphire right now or recently can tell us if it has the dispensers or the bottles, that would be nice?:confused:

The Royal' shower are a little bigger has room for the foot rest, can't imagine how they would fit it into a shower on the other classes of ships. It is a nice addition and even though it is just slightly larger, the new size of shower is a great improvement.

Thanks.

This sounds like the "old" list of amenities.

I was wondering what the new things were on the ships that had the dispensers already installed.

On the Royal's Med/TA in October the only elite amenities were the 2 ounce tubes of conditioning shampoo, body gel & lotion. That's what our cabin stewardess said was for Elite & Suites although others have posted getting some of the previous items which may only be available until supplies run out.

We were on the Crown 16th to 30th November - we had the bars of soap and the small, separate, bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Towards the end of our first week, a workman came in and fitted a unit on the wall of our shower, obviously to hold two bottles. A few days later a pump bottle of shower gel was sitting beside the wash basin. We tried to fit it ourselves into the unit in the shower, but it wasn't the right size. I used it once, it didn't smell very nice. But I wonder what happened next - did they fit larger bottles? We never got them.

Just off the Sapphire. When we boarded for Hawaii, the holders were up in the shower for the refillable bottle dispensers and we had the little bottles. Mid way through, the bottles were put in place. We were in a mini suite. Then we stayed on for Mexico and had a balcony cabin. No little bottles anymore, just liquid in dispensers.The shower gel doesn't foam up on your body and didn't feel like I was fresh. We always bring our own Soft soap and used that.

We just returned from the Ruby 4 day . Shampoo and conditioner combo was in a pump bottle at the sink.

We were on the same ship as you. We also had the combination shampoo conditioner bottle on the sink, which I did not touch or use. I always bring my own shampoo and conditioner.

Was very surprised when I returned to the cabin after dinner, our last night, and saw that the pump was removed from the bottle. A totally full bottle without a dispenser was sitting on the sink, it could have spilled very easily and ruined my personal items on the sink if I did not notice the open bottle. Has anyone else seen this?

Guess Princess thinks guests are going to take their shampoo

Guess Princess thinks guests are going to take their shampoo

Have you read these 'boards'? I'm sure there is an ongoing discussion

on what size allen wrench to bring to remove the pump bottles from

the holder in the shower.

(It looked like 5/16 to me, but it might have been metric

-- so 'one' should bring both to be sure)

I got off the Star on December 20th. There were no dispensers when I got on, but one day they mysteriously appeared. No work slip or notice that a worker had been in the cabin. The next day our mostly negligent (worst ever) steward filled them.

Our dinnermates said the same, only they had their changeover on another set of days.

M.

We got off the Golden on Saturday. It had the new dispensers in the shower, which I hated. It made the shower even tighter, were hard to reach and use, and I didn't like the gel or especially the shampoo/conditioner. It didn't lather well and made my hair almost crunchy.

We did still have the bar soap, which was renewed by out great steward as needed.

I have a big problem with this. Being an infection preventionist, these types of dispensers are not allowed in hospitals. Why? Because these types of containers are continually refilled or "topped up" and they become contaminated. Yes bacteria can grow in soap! If the dispensers are allowed to empty and cleaned and dried before being refilled, that prevents the chance of contamination. But that procedure is not going to happen on a ship.

I won't be using them and I almost want to be a rebel here and say we should all dump them out at the end of a cruise in protest - no money saving there.

I wonder when they inspect the ships if they will inspect the dispensers? Just a thought if they breed so many germs...

I liked the Lotus Spa products and hate to see them go.