Requesting a table for two?

drog

I'm sure someone will post the email address for RCCL dining. They've always accomodated our requests, we check our table when we board. Though we haven't done that the past couple cruises as we've moved from MDR to mostly Chops/Portofino:p

when you 'check-in' at the MDR, ask then - 99.9% of the time its not an issue. worst case scenerio, you might have to wait a few minutes - but they'll make it happen.

my wife and i prefer our dinners in the MDR with just the two of us too.

We are sailing on the IOS next month and have late dining, is it possible and if so how would I go about requesting a table just for the two of us?

Do you have MTD ( My Time Dining) or Traditional ?

If MTD it shouldn't be a problem . Just tell Matre D' when checking in.

If Traditional a table for 2 can be requested in your booking reservation but it's not always obtained. Suggest changing to MTD to make certain you get a table for 2.

You will not aways be able to get a table for two in traditional dining. This is especially true if the ship is sailing full and if you want early dining. We have had this happen to us in the past as we always ask for a table for two.

What we didn't realize at the time is even if you don't get what you want the first night, you may be able to get it the second night, because there often is a "musical tables" process as those who are unhappy with their table, their waiters or their tablemates ask for other tables.

Your chances are supposedly better the higher up you are in the Crown and Anchor program or if you are in one of the higher tier suites. Those folks are promised priority seating choices. In fact, once we did reach the Diamond and higher our requests were always honored.

Just go to the maitre d' and ask. The worst that can happen is he will say he can't seat you where you want. Good luck and have a great cruise.

I think meeting new people at big dinner tables on the cruise is so fun! I understand that some find new people annoying. If new people at dinner tables are either excitedly annoying or annoyed by strangers, I'm probably the annoying kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would definitely email more than a couple weeks before you sail, especially now that so many people have this email address information. Normally we email about 60 days out. Within a day we get our confirmation along with a diagram of where our table is located so we can easily find it when we go to the dining room the first day/night.

when you 'check-in' at the MDR, ask then - 99.9% of the time its not an issue. worst case scenerio, you might have to wait a few minutes - but they'll make it happen.

my wife and i prefer our dinners in the MDR with just the two of us too.

This will only work if you have MTD. Otherwise, you need to request in advance.

We always have MTD and ask for a two top at the same time every night. If we know ahead of time that we will be delayed, we let the maître D know with as much advance notice as possible as ask for a later time for that particular night. We have always been accommodated.

Edited by JimAOk1945

Yeah the email provided before is what I use to request a table of 2. I always do late seating and I always get table of 2 unless I'm traveling with family. I also get ocean view without me asking for it

I can't tell for sure your crown and anchor status has to do anything with it, I'm request in specific table since my first royal caribbean cruise

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I requested a table for four, and not only did I get a confirmation within 24 hours, I received a screenshot of the dining room with my table. Looks like they use an interesting program. I'm not 100% sure how to read it, but it looks like we got an ocean view table.

image.jpg.dec5d693f92c6a7252447b4458e526e1.jpg

I requested a table for four, and not only did I get a confirmation within 24 hours, I received a screenshot of the dining room with my table. Looks like they use an interesting program. I'm not 100% sure how to read it, but it looks like we got an ocean view table.

If Brilliance uses the same software setup as Jewel you will be up against the mosaic on the aft wall (next to where the Captain's table is on Jewel), not by a window.

Edited by ahecht

If Brilliance uses the same software setup as Jewel you will be up against the mosaic on the aft wall next to the Captain's table, not by a window.

We were one table over from there on our Jewel cruise.

Dang, I was looking forward to an ocean view :( Oh well, I guess I'll settle for being close to the captain. Was it still a fairly nice location?

Is there a way of finding out what table you are seated prior to cruise? Any info would be appreciated.

The only time I've seen our table assignment is when I've made a request via the rcldining@rccl.com address. I don't believe the ship routinely reports back to Miami on the guest table assignments.

Dang, I was looking forward to an ocean view :( Oh well, I guess I'll settle for being close to the captain. Was it still a fairly nice location?

We were on Brilliance last month and sat at table 496. It was next to the window. In the picture you posted, the tables at the top are the window tables. The tables along the left side are against the back wall of the dining room, or at least very close to it. Long walk to our table each night, but I figure that just meant we could have extra dessert. :D

It was a little more private since it was up against the wall, but the layout of the tables on Jewel was very different so it's hard to say (for example, all the tables against that wall were 2-person tables on my cruise, whereas your screen shot shows 4-person tables there).