Favorite Port

Chmielel

What is your favorite, not including your home port, embarkation or debarkation port and why? My favor embarkation port is New Orleans because there are lots of things to see and do, there is good food and an interesting culture. My favorite debarkation port is Singapore. Once again good food and it also has an interesting culture with the addition of wonderful shopping.

I have only ever embarked and disembarked at Fort Lauderdale but I absolutely love it. I love the whole area, the ability to sail through the port on the water taxi along the intracoastal waterway and the people I have met there - all lovely!

I live an hour away from Southampton which is where I will be sailing from next year. I love Southampton for the shopping and also because it is a fantastic spot for ship spotting and watching sailaways!

Seward, Alaska is my favorite so far even though we have only embarked there once. If we ever have a chance to sail from there again, we will definitely schedule a few days either before or after our cruise.

It is so beautiful! It reminds me of Switzerland.

FLL for embark/disembark. Everything is easy.

Port of call: that's tough. Our Western Mediterranean cruise had many wonderful stops. One if my favorite days of my life was spent walking around Genoa with my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

Istanbul, Barcelona - ports are right in the middle of downtown close to all the action.

Least favorite - Colon

Most surprosing ports of call during a cruise that you never expected to be so memorable - Lanzarote(Canary Isl), Marmaris(Dalyan - Turkey)

Istanbul, Barcelona - ports are right in the middle of downtown close to all the action.

Least favorite - Colon

Most surprosing ports of call during a cruise that you never expected to be so memorable - Lanzarote(Canary Isl), Marmaris(Dalyan - Turkey)

Oh gosh! I forgot about Barcelona! We love that port too! I could stay in Barcelona for a month! :D

Tara

Edited by tarajean1962

Just curious.. what's the attraction?....have never been there, but are considering a cruise that has it as one of its ports.

My reasons today are not the same as they were when we first were there in 2000. Back then, it was the natural beauty, the friendly people, the "primitive" feeling of the island. It wasn't commercialized yet. There were people along a dirt road by the dock selling their homemade things and you actually felt good when you bought something, knowing they were supporting their families. There was a little boy I'll never forget that wanted to trade a conch shell for my husbands baseball cap. My husband didn't even hesitate and that boy beamed from ear to ear when he put the cap on his head. I often wondered over the years how that boys' life turned out. :confused:

Roatan just has a special place in my heart. :)