Princess took my Cabin away after I made final payment.

land lover

Has this happened to any of you?

I made my final payment on a much desired mini-suite, stating no upgrade. Then last week when I was looking at my sailing I noticed my cabin was changed. I received no call or email from princess. So I called them. After waiting on hold for over 40 minutes to speak to customer relations I was told that the cabin was originally booked by someone else, they received an upgrade and didn't want it so I lost the cabin...needless to say I am very disappointed.

Edited by land lover

Has this happened to any of you?

I made my final payment on a much desired mini-suite, stating no upgrade. Then last week when I was looking at my sailing I noticed my cabin was changed. I received no call or email from princess. So I called them. After waiting on hold for over 40 minutes to speak to customer relations I was told that the cabin was originally booked by someone else, they received an upgrade and didn't want it so I lost the cabin...needless to say I am very disappointed.

how long did you have the original cabin and how come the other person said they had it too but didnt want the upgrade.......maybe they are doing a b2b and didt want to move cabins so they got princess to move you and they stayed in their original cabin

Someone on Princess would not be happy with me if something like this happened especially after I made final payment. All my reciepts from Princess show a cabin number. Sorry if they don't like it but it is what I contracted and paid for.

How long ago did you book this particular cabin? One week? One month? Six months? The reason I ask is something doesn't smell right here - especially if you booked this particular months ago. If you just booked it then it's plausible that someone else originally booked your cabin, received an unwanted upgrade, then got their (now your) cabin back. However, if you booked awhile ago, I don't buy the Princess rep's story.

How long ago did you book this particular cabin? One week? One month? Six months? The reason I ask is something doesn't smell right here - especially if you booked this particular months ago. If you just booked it then it's plausible that someone else originally booked your cabin, received an unwanted upgrade, then got their (now your) cabin back. However, if you booked awhile ago, I don't buy the Princess rep's story.
I agree. Generally, upgrades have to be OK'd or refused within 48 hours. I'd call back and talk to a Supervisor. And, I'd let them know you will keep taking it higher until you get your cabin back. You say you had it marked "No upgrade" so they shouldn't have moved you.

This seems to happen more and more often lately. It happened to my daughter in summer of 2012. She had specifically noted "no upgrade." It turned out well for her in the end, but she was pretty upset 'cause they moved her to one of the very aft cabins, and she had booked a miidship cabin because of seasickness. She ended up complaining and finding a midship suite available and was moved to that one. Now she is really spoiled!!

I requested not to get an upgrade but I still got upgraded at the last

minute to a BALCONY. It was really nice. I am not complaining but still

they did it without my permission. I also prefer mid-ship.

I think it is too late to complain if the ship is full and you are already on the ship. That is my opinion.

Presently I have an AFT cabin and will not mind if I get upgraded to a balcony but the ship is full. I still hope the upgrade fairy or Lady Luck

shows up.

I requested not to get an upgrade but I still got upgraded at the last

minute to a BALCONY. It was really nice. I am not complaining but still

they did it without my permission. I also prefer mid-ship.

I think it is too late to complain if the ship is full and you are already on the ship. That is my opinion.

Presently I have an AFT cabin and will not mind if I get upgraded to a balcony but the ship is full. I still hope the upgrade fairy or Lady Luck

shows up.

the people that request no upgrades they should not be given one for any reason, you got upgraded and you are happy because you got a balcony but if you received a lousy cabin you would be complaining so give the upgrades to people that want them and they cant complain

the OP hasnt returned to say when they booked their cabin, Princess can move anyone for operational reasons even tho the booking has been marked no upgrade but its not in this case

At the time you posted this, it was only two hours after the original post was posted. Maybe the person hasn't been on the computer since then, or has been on the phone with Princess trying to resolve this.

I certainly hope it works out as something doesn't seem right here. I would hope that if someone was offered an upgrade, their original cabin wouldn't be in the booking engine for the 48 hours or so.

the OP hasnt returned to say when they booked their cabin, Princess can move anyone for operational reasons even tho the booking has been marked no upgrade but its not in this case

the OP has 5000+ posts...doubt this is a hit and run.

I would be seriously pissed.

Thanks everyone for your replies, I will read everyone of them when I return.....I was gone this am and I'm going out to lunch somewhere but thought I would give u more details

now remember I have not read all the replies...:)

This is all from memory....

First of all this a Sapphire Princess 7 day sailing the room E731...

I booked another cabin with Princess about 2 months ago and about 2 weeks later I noticed E731 was available...so I called Princess and made the change yes I have the cabin # on a Statement copy as well as my final payment copy.

I am going to send this thru and continue on another post

I lose long posts sometimes or get distracted...

Anyway, I have another sailing that is coming up and I booked a Guarantee so I was looking to see if it had been assigned and decided to look at this sailing and was shocked to find my cabin was moved 2 doors down.

yes, I did put no upgrade.

Now this was on Sunday morning and the rep..assured me she would find out why it was changed.....I told her it would probably have to wait tell tomorrow because from past experience, no one that can do anything is working at princess on a Sunday.....

Edited by land lover

Call me paranoid but I check my cabin every day. They already moved me once (got my cabin back) and now that I'm about 2 weeks out I'm not taking any chances.

I check mine every day, too, but you can't access Cruise Personalizer for 5 days prior to your cruise. If they make a last minute switch you won't know until you are ready to board.

continuing.......visiting adult distraction....

...after I waited about 20 minutes she told me from what she could tell it was a maintenance problem...but no one would be able to help me until tomorrow. Maintenance right? for a sailing 3 months out. try again....

So Monday morning I call early wait time 10 minutes to have call answered 40 minutes before I get to Customer Relations and with the transfer I am disconnect....:rolleyes: So I call back again explain myself and another 30 minute wait... for CR

BTW there are no longer Supervisors;);) at the reservation level...

They must call to CR, then the CR can give you their direct number....

sorry so many details but you asked;)

Finally...I get a rep...who I explain by story too.........

My concern was I had not been contacted about the change, I had made final payment and if I had not looked at my booking I would have have never known.

Come to find the cabin change was made on final payment day at 10:05am...I had made my final payment 2 days before.....

The CR rep told me that they had upgraded the other client and since they had the cabin first and wanted it back I lost out..... tough luck...it was a management decision and too bad.....Can you believe it?

Edited by land lover

the saga continues....

I was offered an upgrade in the same CAT and 25. SBC...I was insulted....I wanted my paid in full cabin back!

The rep even told me she could upgrade me to The Dolphin deck "same cabin" I informed her that it had a twin beds con...that's why I did not book it originally...then she looks ..and says I guess u are right...:rolleyes:

I wanted the cabin back I paid for:(......NO dice...so I told her I would think on it and call her back.............

More later my GF is here to pick me up...

suggestions...connections????????

Edited by land lover

BTW...according to the CR's there is no one I can talk to higher than them.....and once the decision is made it is final....

Is all I can say is someone's TA had to save face or princess overlooked that the guest had put no upgrade, I doubt that though as the computer would have made the change...someone screwed up and it wasn't me.....and they did not even have the courtesy to inform me....

Edited by land lover

Maybe it's time to go 'public' with FB (Princess's FB page) since you can't reach higher up's through CR's? Seems you have a documented history.....copy everything for your reference. Also, I'd suggest you look at cabins that appear available on the ship to lobby for a specific room......This is NOT what cruising is about! And if you have another cruise on the books, I'd mention that too..........

Edited by thyme2go

the saga continues....

I was offered an upgrade in the same CAT and 25. SBC...I was insulted....I wanted my paid in full cabin back!

The rep even told me she could upgrade me to The Dolphin deck "same cabin" I informed her that it had a twin beds con...that's why I did not book it originally...then she looks ..and says I guess u are right...:rolleyes:

suggestions...connections????????

If the offered cabin was D736 or 737, take it. The beds CAN be changed to a queen config and the balcony and bathroom are enormous. See my pix here: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com...1#post41048191

It was a great cabin.