Hawaiian Cruise One-way?

Steelers0854

I'll ask this question here because we prefer to sail on Princess but I am open to other lines. But we would really like to do a one way Hawaiian cruise the ends in the islands so we can spend a few days there before returning home. It seems that most cruises are RT from LA. Has anyone ever heard of a one way cruise?

Thanks for the help.

I'll ask this question here because we prefer to sail on Princess but I am open to other lines. But we would really like to do a one way Hawaiian cruise the ends in the islands so we can spend a few days there before returning home. It seems that most cruises are RT from LA. Has anyone ever heard of a one way cruise?
As said, there used to be one-way cruises out of Ensenada but that was a hassle because passengers had to be bused to/from San Diego. Plus, if you go by bus or fly to/from Ensenada, you'd have to have a passport or passport card. I guess it could be done from Vancouver but you'd also need a passport or passport card, it would be a longer cruise and more expensive.

The issue is the PVSA: you cannot embark in one US port and disembark in another without going to a "far" foreign port. Canada, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean are not "far" foreign ports.

Check out Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Neither offer the West Coast RT, but they often offer repositioning.

In fact, we were booked on a repositioning from Honolulu to Vancouver for 2015. Unfortunately, Royal Caribbean cancelled our booking because they decided to redeploy the ship after publishing the Hawaii cruise. We ended up w/ some OBC on the new cruise we booked. But Royal was still out an extra cruise, since we were planning a B2B Hawaii and Alaska for 2015. They did keep the Hawaii repositioning on Radiance for 2015.

We booked the Hawaii RT West Coast on Princess.

Edited by knittinggirl

On Princess? Which ship? I've never seen this offered on Princess, much less this Spring.

I'm on the Pacific Princess Honolulu - Vancouver on April 23, 2014 for 10 days. :-). Love the one way air!

I believe both Celebrity and RCCL ofer the same thing at approx the same time.

Edited by avcruz

I'm on the Pacific Princess Honolulu - Vancouver on April 23, 2014 for 10 days. :-). Love the one way air!

The Celebrity Solstice also does these one way Hawaiian cruises in the fall and spring (either Honolulu-Vancouver or the reverse).

in the spring they do the honolulu to vancouver and in the fall vancouver to honolulu. we have done 2 from vancouver to honolulu

I saw this a few days ago in a mailer......

Hawaiian Islands | 10 days from Honolulu to Vancouver

10 days Honolulu to Vancouver

Pacific Princess® APRIL 23 - 2014:

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Interesting. Missed that but then I'd prefer to do the R/T out of LA with no flying at all. :)

Thanks everyone for all the info. We aren't even really concerned about the starting/ending ports, it sounds like the Vancouver one would be perfect. We just really want to spend some extra quality time in Hawaii because it will be a while before we go back (I have my eye on a TA that will get us to Europe and mean only 1 overseas flight :) )

I saw that one but didn't care to be on a much smaller ship for the 4-5 day trek to VC. For me, it would've been perfect if it was on a larger ship.

Edited by Sincity

I did a Tahiti to Hawaii quite a few years ago, and Hawaii to Vancouver on Celebrity. Because of regulations you won't see any one way trips to/from the US mainland.

The Tahiti/Hawaii trip was great as I spent a few days pre cruise on Moorea then had the shorter flight home after the cruise

Interesting. Missed that but then I'd prefer to do the R/T out of LA with no flying at all. :)

Thought about that, especially with Elua (sp?) onboard and it only being a 3 hr flight to LA for us, but we decided to fly into Hawaii a few days ahead and spend some time in Hawaii. Then they brought out the R/T Vancouver - Hawaii Oct 2nd so we're going to do that one too! Best of both worlds... :-)

I saw that one but didn't care to be on a much smaller ship for the 4-5 day trek to VC. For me, it would've been perfect if it was on a larger ship.

Yes, I was a little concerned about that. I've never been on a ship this small. I was on the original Royal Princess around South America a few years ago and we were 4 days between ports which was a first for me at the time. Since then we've done a few cruises with up to 8 consecutive sea days so I'm not worried about the sea days. The size of the ship is still a question mark for me.

Thanks for the help.

RCCL does it via Vancouver in May (from the islands) and September (to the islands

April 23 is the first of hopefully, quite a few Vancouver - Honolulu cruises from Princess. They will just be mainly one ways before and after the summer Alaska season but way better than none like Princess did from Vancouver before. We are on the inaugural run April 23 as well. But only after starting April 1 in Tahiti.

We have never been on one of their "Small Ships" either but I have read lots of good things about them here on CC.

We were just on a Celebrity cruise and noted that they had NO Hawaii cruises either except a reposition to/from Vancouver before and after the Alaska season.

Terry

April 23 is the first of hopefully, quite a few Vancouver - Honolulu cruises from Princess. They will just be mainly one ways before and after the summer Alaska season but way better than none like Princess did from Vancouver before. We are on the inaugural run April 23 as well. But only after starting April 1 in Tahiti.

We have never been on one of their "Small Ships" either but I have read lots of good things about them here on CC.

We were just on a Celebrity cruise and noted that they had NO Hawaii cruises either except a reposition to/from Vancouver before and after the Alaska season.

Terry

There are 3 spring 15 day RT from Vancouver Hawaii sailings on the Grand. i think this route will do very well and we'll see more in the future at least in Sept - Oct and March-April.

Yes, I was a little concerned about that. I've never been on a ship this small. I was on the original Royal Princess around South America a few years ago and we were 4 days between ports which was a first for me at the time. Since then we've done a few cruises with up to 8 consecutive sea days so I'm not worried about the sea days. The size of the ship is still a question mark for me.

Exactly! I LOVE sea days, but being on a ship that small for so many sea days concerns me.

FYI, my Pacific Princess 30 day Amazon River Cruise is my all time favorite cruise & Pacific Princess is my favorite ship and would do Hawaii on her in a heartbeat!