Pacific Coastal Cruises

marcyjane

We are looking into Celebrity for a Pacific Coastal Cruise. Anyone know when the 2015 schedule will be out. Thanks

Also anyone that has done the Pacific Coastal Cruise leaving & returning to LA. Please share your experience.:) This will be our first with Celebrity have done cruises with RCL, HAL, NCL, & CCL.

Thanks

Marcy

Edited by marcyjane

Hi,

they could be released when the 2015 Alaska sailings also will be opened for sale - they usual release date has been March. :)

But I am not quite sure whther such sailing will be offered in 2015 because CENTURY is going to leave Alaska in 2015 - in the last years she has done such cruises.

Maybe INFINITY replaces her on such itineraries. :)

We are looking into Celebrity for a Pacific Coastal Cruise. Anyone know when the 2015 schedule will be out. Thanks

Also anyone that has done the Pacific Coastal Cruise leaving & returning to LA. Please share your experience.:)

Marcy

We were on the Pacific Coastal "Wine Cruise" in September on the Celebrity Century. A 10 night transition cruise from Vancouver with stops in Nanaimo and Victoria BC, Seattle (2 days, 1 night), Astoria WA, San Francisco, Monterey/Carmel, Catalina and San Diego. We have not seen a similar itinerary for 2014/15 on Celebrity or other lines (there are some 7 day round trips). We would book a one way (South or North) in a New York minute. Bob

Our Millie Wine Hounds Cruise (Sept 2012) was one of our best X cruises, to date! We departed Vancouver, and went to wine country (Nanaimo and Victoria) on Vancouver Island. From there, we sailed down to coast for an overnight stop in San Francisco. That gave us plenty of time for tours to the wine country in the Napa/Sonoma area. Our last stop was a beautiful day in Monterey, with disembark in San Diego. :cool:

I haven't done one roundtrip LA but we did one from Ensenada- Seattle last May and I absolutely loved it! I would do it again in a heartbeat. We were on Solstice and I deliberately booked a cabin on deck three midship because I was afraid it might be rough (I did one previously and it was really rough). I slept like a baby on the cruise and most days we were docked so didn't have any trouble with motion on this one.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

I did a northbound pacific coastal on the Century in May 2012 and loved it, so have now booked a LA round trip for this April it hits a few different ports than the north bound. I don't think the LA round trip itineraries start until March so I'm not sure anyone has done one.

The lack of west coast cruise options is so disappointing! We were also on the 10 day September cruise last year and absolutely loved it (except for Ensenada - you can keep that part!). They are so popular, but Celebrity does so few. I really wish they would reconsider. It would be nice also if they would dip down into Mexico - at least the Cabo area. That is reasonably safe and perhaps would satisfy the need for a foreign port rather than Ensenada?

There are very few of them. There was a thread last year and a number of comments by BruceMuzz hinted that profits on the west coast cruises were very low.

I was also on the Solstice repositioning cruise from Ensenada to Seattle, and would do it again in a heartbeat, in spite of the trip from San Diego to Ensenada. Celebrity decided not to schedule it this coming spring, and is going from Hawaii to British Columbia without the Ensenada stop, so removing that trip. No telling what they will decide to do for 2015. In order to fill the rooms, they dropped the price way down, and even ended up contracting with a large online TA to try to fill them. Then there were a number of issues with the larger ship in the ports, etc. DH and I enjoyed it, though.

There are very few of them. There was a thread last year and a number of comments by BruceMuzz hinted that profits on the west coast cruises were very low.

I was also on the Solstice repositioning cruise from Ensenada to Seattle, and would do it again in a heartbeat, in spite of the trip from San Diego to Ensenada. Celebrity decided not to schedule it this coming spring, and is going from Hawaii to British Columbia without the Ensenada stop, so removing that trip. No telling what they will decide to do for 2015. In order to fill the rooms, they dropped the price way down, and even ended up contracting with a large online TA to try to fill them. Then there were a number of issues with the larger ship in the ports, etc. DH and I enjoyed it, though.

Also on this cruise. Sorry to hear they did not do it in 2014. Great itinerary and great time!

Diane

We did the Solstice Sept cruise Seattle to Ensenada. The transfer Ensenada to San Diego was not to bad. We just booked the Solstice Vancouver to Hawaii. As it is not doing the west coast this year. Yes I have heard that there is no money to be made on west coast Mexico runs. Richard

We've done 3 West Coast cruises, none of the LA-LA type, but all from Vancouver or Seattle to San Diego or Ensenada, and loved them.

All with overnights in San Francisco - a hotel on the Embarcadero with walking distance of so many exciting places.

They were all wine-focused cruises, many of the same ports and just a great, great time.

We'd love to do one again maybe in 2015. We could do that one over and over. A few days in either Vancouver or Seattle, two cities well worth exploring. Then interesting Canadian ports, and maybe Astoria or Monterey.

We've tried to go on many differing itineraries, but love to repeat this one over and over.

Enjoy!

Den

As far as I know, the big problem with the Pacific Coastals was the stop in Ensenada and the bussing back to San Diego. Otherwise, everyone seems to love the Pacific Coastals.

Now that the Solstice has been altered so that it can go under the Vancouver Lions Gate Bridge, I was surprised that they didn't book a Solstice Pacific Coastal into or out of Vancouver in 2014. For me, the Vancouver-Hawaii run is of more limited appeal.

The West Coast ports are great: Vancouver, Victoria, Seattle, Astoria (for Astoria and Cannon Beach), overnight in San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, Monterey (for Monterey and Carmel), Catalina Island, San Diego.

We were on the Pacific Coastal "Wine Cruise" in September on the Celebrity Century. A 10 night transition cruise from Vancouver with stops in Nanaimo and Victoria BC, Seattle (2 days, 1 night), Astoria WA, San Francisco, Monterey/Carmel, Catalina and San Diego. We have not seen a similar itinerary for 2014/15 on Celebrity or other lines (there are some 7 day round trips). We would book a one way (South or North) in a New York minute. Bob

Princess has a 7-day from Vancouver to LA in Sept 2014. We were booked on that, and then decided to do an LA-LA Pacific Coastal instead to skip the flight.

We did the LA to LA last year. It was actually a B2B also. We enjoyed it so much we are doing the same this year. A LA to LA -B2B . So 14 days total. It's a very port intensive cruise because there are no sea days. We actually enjoy Ensenada also..gerat wine tour and we always pixk ip a couple of fish tacos.

Thank you all for being so kind to share your experiences. I can't wait to see the schedule. California area has been on my bucket list for sometime now. Also one other quick question. Is a balcony worth it since there are so many port stops.

Thanks,

Marcy:)

We are going on the Grand Princess in September, round trip from Vancouver with stops in Victoria, LA, San Francisco and Santa Barbara. We would have liked to go with Celebrity, but they don't have anything similar. We like the itinerary so we'll see what life is like on Princess for a week. :) It's also a chance for us to meet our travel agent in person as she will be going on this cruise as well.

Thank you all for being so kind to share your experiences. I can't wait to see the schedule. California area has been on my bucket list for sometime now. Also one other quick question. Is a balcony worth it since there are so many port stops.

Thanks,

Marcy:)

IMO balcony is not worth it on this cruise. It might be nice to sit on the balcony while overnight in San Francisco..but we're not even doing the drink pkg this time, we just dont plan to be on the ship that much. We'll bring our two bottles of wine on embarking and do wine tasting in Santa Barbara and Ensenada.

I have done 3 Pacific Coast cruises. Loved them all. I think I will do Princess RT in Oct. 2014. I wish X would go to Cabo and PV. I feel very safe there and have been many times. Princess, HAL and Carnival still do Mexico. Alaska is normally quite cold and we love warm weather cruises where we don`t have to fly all day to get to Florida.

IMO balcony is not worth it on this cruise. It might be nice to sit on the balcony while overnight in San Francisco..but we're not even doing the drink pkg this time, we just dont plan to be on the ship that much. We'll bring our two bottles of wine on embarking and do wine tasting in Santa Barbara and Ensenada.

Marcy

Alaska is normally quite cold and we love warm weather cruises where we don`t have to fly all day to get to Florida.

Amen to that! Our first cruise was out of San Francisco down to Mexico. It's what got us hooked. I wish they'd bring bak that itinerary.

I have been told that Celebrity will not be offering the Pacific Coast Cruises for the upcoming cruise schedule. Disappointing as we were planning on taking that cruise. Norwegian will be offering it however. My T/A made contact with the Celebrity Corporate offices to confirm.