Allure - where to eat when boarding

Technobob

On Celebrity, we always go to Bistro on Five when we board. Lunch there is very nice, not crowded like the buffet, and much more pleasant.

Is there a place like that on Allure of the Seas to eat lunch upon boarding? I'd like something that isn't so crowded as the buffet. A place like Johnny Rockets would be fine, but I don't know if they are open during boarding.

Thanks, cruisers.

The word has been out about the Park Café for a long time. It is a MOB scene on boarding day.

For my money, the Solarium Bistro is a much better choice for lunch on day one. The Park Café will still be there for the rest of the week, and you can figure out less busy times.

And if you are willing to spend money, Giovanni's Table is heaven on earth for lunch on boarding day. ($10)

Is there a list as to all the options that's open for lunch??? (Paid / Non Paid)

I only have a list from Oasis, which omits the Boardwalk Dog House (free). Also swap Rita's Cantina (extra cost) for Seafood Shack:

As_You_Arrive_Front_zps7f2d26711.jpg

Edited by clarea

Yes, me too. We plan to lunch at Solarium Bistro on embarkation day.

But sssshh... Don't tell everybody lest it be crowded as well! :)

Michael

via Tapatalk. sorry for typo.

Does anyone have a lunch menu for Solarium Bistro?

When we cruised on Oasis a few years ago, we discovered Park Café upon boarding and glad we did. We had lunch there almost every day. Loved their soups, roast beef sandwiches, salads and paninis, plus the atmosphere of eating outside in a park surrounding.

We got on the Allure with the Platinum group at around 11:30am and immediately went to Central Park and grabbed a two seater table with the big comfy chairs near the Park Cafe. The Salad bar (They make it for you) is great and of course the Roast Beef sandwiches are worth the trip.

Just sitting there in the shade under the beautiful trees was a relaxing and great way to start a cruise.

At around 1:15 we went to the room.

We did go to Park Cafe. Roast Beef Sandwich as many have said is great. Also salads. There may be a crowd, but we did not wait to long. Loved dining in Central Park. We came back a number of times to the same location. For a fee dining choice try Vintages. We got a tapas experience later in the cruise, but it would work on day 1 too. We tried the combo choice with about 8 things to share.

As said above.the park Café is nice but not nice when crowded... and It gets very crowded by 12 pm...........We stay clear of that nightmare on boarding day.....don't care how "good" those silly roast beef sandwiches are

The Solarium Bistro is so pleasant.... Good fresh food and it doesn't get crowed as fast..because it is up foreword and you kind of have to know it is there.

Also if you really want to feel like a star, and don't mind paying for your first lunch, Giovanni's is a good start .

You should go to the Park Café and have a roast beef sandwich. I can guarantee that won't be the last time you're there!

Elvis

I disagree. It was a madhouse when we boarded, and we boarded right after the Suites and Diamond group.

The line was toooo loooong at the Park Cafe on that first day onboard Oasis recently...the word is out.

Agreed!

We enjoyed the environment at the Solarium Cafe later in the week, so I would try for that if you want a nice outside view. If you are happy with a hot dog/burger lunch then the Wipeout Cafe is a good choice because you can sit and enjoy a lovely view of the Boardwalk while waiting to go to your cabin. Personally, I am thinking of going to Giovanni's and paying for the lunch when we board the Oasis in May'15. The lunch is reasonable and the menu different that the one at dinner.

The Park Cafe roast beef sandwich has become a boarding day lunch tradition for our group, despite the crowds and chaos. Getting through the lunch line itself isn't too bad, but depending on when you get there and the size of your group, finding seating in or near the restaurant can be challenging. We'll be on the Allure in May with our usual group of four plus two cruising newbies for a total of six people. I'm wondering if it might make sense to find an alternate place to sit -- maybe in the shade on the pool deck or something? -- and drop off all our bags and half our group, go get food at Park Cafe and carry it back, then let the other half do the same. Then we get our roast beef sandwiches but a much less chaotic dining experience. :D The only problem with this plan might be navigating all the stairs or elevators while carrying plates and drinks.

Giovanni's is not crowded and a wonderful way to start a cruise. It's only $15 at lunch with essentially the same menu that they serve at night. Sit back and let the friendly staff pamper you till the cabins are ready at 1 pm. You can't beat the food quality and truly wonderful ambiance. They will even box your desert for later or you can come back in the evening to have it served to you outside on the terrace under the stars in Central Park. So romantic.

Enjoy your cruise.