If you had to choose ONE specialty restaurant on Celebrity, which would it be?

Chrisconn

We are getting ready to head off on the Silhouette in a few weeks.

We will probably eat in the MDR most nights, but might want to try one or two specialty restaurants.

If you had to choose only one or two, which would you pick?

Do any of them offer lunch? (Aside from Bistro on 5)

(If it helps, we have been on Celebrity twice before- but not since M class in 2007!)

Thanks!

It kind of depends on what type of dining you enjoy and what you have available to you at home. That said, I'd go with either Tuscan Grill or Murano, or both if you can do two. We tried Lawn Club on Reflection last week and while the food was good, it was nothing special and rather redundant (you can get just about everything they served there elsewhere on the ship). Qsine is way too gimmicky for me, but I live in NYC and have eaten in a million places just like it.

It does depend on what you want. For us it is a 50/50 with Murano ( white tablecloth and glove service ) and the Lawn Club ( outdoor grillin at its best ) Both were open 1 time for lunch the week we were on the Reflection at $25 pp, sold out before we could book.

A few years ago it would be Muranos. Now it would either be Tuscan Grill or a split vote between Muranos and Tuscan Grill. See which menu you like more. Muranos is a more formal of the two which appeals to some and not to others. You can't go wrong with either.

Qsine is a fun place - at least the first time or two as it is totally unique (or is that uniqe?). The food there, in my opinion, is good but not as good overall as Muranos or Tuscan. If I had to choose just one place it wouldn't be Qsine but that might be tainted by the fact that I've eaten there a few times so the uniqueness of the place has worn off a bit for us. If the menus at Muranos and Tuscan don't jump out at you and you'd prefer something totally fun and unique as opposed to more traditional fine dining the you might want to give Qsine a try.

Bottom line - it is hard just to pick on place.

Edited by Lsimon

Oh…and I found Qsine HIGHLY disappointing--and impossibly hokey. Food just so-so. The schtick was actually irritating to me.

Would not go there again, personally, although I recognize that many DO enjoy it, especially those who are not exposed to much ethnic food at home. Here in Toronto, we have tons of it…and it is far better. Plus, we went with only four people. Perhaps a larger group would be more fun. Two people…not so much, IMO.

I was on the Reflection for the 2013 westbound transatlantic. I was in a suite AND purchased a 5-dinner package, which gave me a total of 7 nights of specialty dining over a 15 day voyage. My favorites turned out to be Tuscan Grille (first) and Murano (second). I tend to prefer a more formal setting and service, but I tip the hat to Tuscan because of the extraordinary food quality and flavor. I also highly recommend the Lawn Club Grill. Go for lunch for half the price of dinner. This is also offered in Murano and Tuscan occasionally. I enjoyed The Porch and Bistro on Five on multiple occasions. I'm a big fan of Qsine, but I realize it's not for everyone.

As someone else already posted, if you like the menu, go and enjoy yourself. You really cannot go wrong.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

If you had to choose only one or two, which would you pick?

Do any of them offer lunch? (Aside from Bistro on 5)

Thanks!

In our opinion it would the Tuscan Grill hands down. It is open for lunch on some sea days. We just finished the two week New Year's cruise on the Eclipse. We bought the unlimited dining package and ate virtually all of our meals in the up scale restaurants. The food and the service in Murano's has slipped considerably from that of a year ago or at least it had on our cruise.

You might want to check out this thread before making your decision. There are a number of posts from people who have dined extensively in the various restaurants.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1978720

Hope this information is helpful and that you enjoy your dining experience no matter which venue or venues you choose.

:):D:)

Edited by Pilot70D

I am in the minority ... And would pick the Lawn Club Grille. Muranos holds no appeal,to me because I'm not a foodie. Tuscan is just another steakhouse. Qsine is fun, but more fun with a group. But Lawn Club Grille is unique in the menu and location. Lovely to look about at the grass & sky.

We ate at Tuscan on our recent Equinox cruise and thought it was exceptional. We wanted to eat at Murano, but it was booked solid after the first couple days. We also ate at Silk Harvest and not only did we not love it, we didn't even like it. Ordered dishes did not arrive, and the food was just your basic Chinese takeout quality. Not sure what we expected, but I didn't feel it "fit in" with the other specialty restaurants we've tried on this and other cruises.

$45pp for a meal ...too much. The MDR is excellent. I have done all of the specialty restaurants on the ships on previous cruises. On my last 2 cruises, we ate all dinners in the MDR. Qsine is a novelty.....fun once. I would try it once for entertainment as well as food. I would rather buy a nice meal at a good restaurant off the ship. Do not think you are missing anything if you skip the specialty restaurants. A lot of people do not think a couple ought to pay $45pp when a dinner in the MDR is included in the cruise fare. Food on the ship is good to excellent everywhere. Enjoy!

We just got of the Reflection on Saturday and ate in the Specialty Restaurants 6 of the 7 nights. Here is how I would rank the restaurants:

1. Qsine - 2 Best Meals I had on the ship

2. Murano - Beautiful Restaurant, Superb Service, Wonderful Food

3. Lawn Club Grill - Beautiful Setting, Fun, I learned how to toss Pizza Dough

4. Tuscan Grill - Limited Menu, Beautiful Setting & View, Food just okay

I laugh every time I read that Qsine gives you too much food. Did someone force them to eat it?

Oceanliner (Murano) is our favorite one. We like both meat and fish menu there.

We tried Tuscan Grill. They are good both food and service, but they are not real italian and we prefer more the menu in Oceanliner.

We haven't cruised on s-class yet. I would like much to try Q-sine, but I still think we'll still like Murano more.

Qsine....I recognize that many DO enjoy it, especially those who are not exposed to much ethnic food at home.

There are items on the Q menu that are not "ethnic." A d I doubt the reason people like it is because they "are not exposed to much ethnic food at home;" I suspect it's more about the fun presentation, and the fact that you can get such variety in a single meal. Sort of like a tapas place...you can sample a lot of different things.

We ate at Q twice on Reflection and thoroughly enjoyed it. We also enjoyed the al fresco atmosphere of the Lawn Club Grill and the food was very good also. Murano? I'm undecided. Ate there twice on Solstice a couple of years ago and it was fantastic. Ate there twice last year on Reflection and noticed a marked downturn in quality. I'm undecided o Tuscan too. Kind of echo the person who said it's just another steakhouse. It's good, and we'll go back, but I really don't understand all the hype.