What keeps you sailing with Carnival ?

NOSaints1

We cruise Carnival because we have fun and love cruising. Plus it fits our budget. The food is good, we have always had fun with the activities we have chosen after dinner whether it be comedy or the game shows.

Everyone says how horrible the entertainment is, but quite frankly we don't go to the big entertainment shows anyways and that wouldn't matter what cruise line we sailed with.

We enjoyed Princess but unless we hit a good sale like we did before it will be hard to justify spending 2 times as much as we do on Carnival.

As I write this we're going on the Valor in November, and it will be my 3rdcruise with Carnival, we've had a blast the other times, foods good, service is good. Than you look at Royal and ships like the Oasis, FOS and Quantem. I wish Carnival had intenerays like Pacific Coastal, Europe. I don't think we sail Carnival for the loyalty program, we don't have the WOW factor like Royal, can't compare it to Princess or Celebrity. I'm just wondering what all of you cruise Carnival for? Sometimes you feel like your missing something on other cruise lines, let me know what you think? I just wonder if anyone from Carnival reads these.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1) Price!

2) Building Loyalty thru VIFP

3) Not an uptight bunch. I like the people that cruise with Carnival.

The ship on a stick.

Bwahahahaa, you're a nut! :)

I only discovered the joys of winning a SOAS on the last two cruises....no medals yet though :(

I cruise Carnival for the price (especially important since I cruise solo) and the sheer number of choices.

Like most people have said already it is the price plus the amount of cruises to choose from for me. I have only been on one cruise and have my next booked for May 2015 both are with Carnival. Where the port is also a big part of the decision process, having the one in New Orleans is very convenient for us to drive a couple hours to cruise. I am planning to cruise on Royal Caribbean in the near future probably the Oasis of the Seas but it will take extra planning to travel to Ft Lauderdale to do a cruise from there because of the drive which is about 9-10 hrs for me vs 2 and half hours to new Orleans.

Price, location of ports, destinations, and familiarity of what to expect. I don't need to be entertained 24/7, you guys are entertaining enough:D I don't need noise, and shows, actually if they had a lets be quiet and " listen to the ocean cruise " I would be one of the first, and I bet you, not only person to sign up. /FONT]

Sailed on the Grand Princess 10 years ago. Enjoyed it tremendously. The buffet was incredible and the balcony seemed deeper than Carnival's.

Three years ago cruised with my sister who made all the arrangements on Carnival. Then when I got ready to cruise again Carnival was the only choice out of Galveston.

Now I keep going back to Carnival both for price and Galveston. I don't eat at the buffet but find plenty of other good and free food.

As I write this we're going on the Valor in November, and it will be my 3rdcruise with Carnival, we've had a blast the other times, foods good, service is good. Than you look at Royal and ships like the Oasis, FOS and Quantem. I wish Carnival had intenerays like Pacific Coastal, Europe. I don't think we sail Carnival for the loyalty program, we don't have the WOW factor like Royal, can't compare it to Princess or Celebrity. I'm just wondering what all of you cruise Carnival for? Sometimes you feel like your missing something on other cruise lines, let me know what you think? I just wonder if anyone from Carnival reads these.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and I just completed our second cruise with Carnival. Both of them were on the Magic out of Galveston. Matter of fact, I am still (slowly) writing a review of the last one.

Convenience, laid back atmosphere, good service and great experience for kids will keep us returning to Carnival.

Food, entertainment, good service and nicer ships (imo) are why we like RCCL.

We like both lines equally but for different reasons.

I totally agree. I like not having to pay for things I will not be doing. Overall I think that Carnival offers great value for the cruise fare they charge. The good food and great service also keeps me coming back.:cool:

I'll second that. I've been on two RC cruises and really enjoyed one of them. Overall they're just too expensive for me, unless I want to cut back on frequency. Which I don't.

Carnival vs. Celebrity: I love love love that lawn on the Solstice class ships, but that's it. The balcony room was blah, the ship's atmosphere was "cold" and seemed almost lifeless (to me), and the main dining room was very forgettable. And the lido cafe wasn't a whole lot better.

Carnival vs. Royal: See above. If you can afford the extra for a Royal cruise, you should try it at least once. But for me RC is nothing special.

Kids? ... My worst cruise in that regard was my last one, RC Allure. Kids (with parents absent-while-occupying-space) drove me nuts. Just saying, don't ever let anybody tell you that any cruise line is better or worse in that regard.

Overall, I'll take Carnival's range of choices plus pricing any day of the week.

Edited by Moonarino

Price! By the time we add excursions, fttf, hotel night before, gas to port, boarding for animals, it's expensive enough. Could never afford any other line that I've seen anyway.

Food. We've always found the food really good, both in the MDR and the lido.

We don't really do the entertainment. We just hang out and take naps, and just relax.

I really enjoy Carnival and have yet to be disappointed by them. I have sailed several lines through the years, but mainly stick to Carnival. The cruise line has made changes over the years, some for the better some not so much. These changes haven't effected my cruising experience or my expectations. Until the day comes where I walk away disappointed I will keep sailing with them as my preferred cruise line.

NCL was our cruiseline of choice. However, once we had to stick to a school schedule, Carnival was really the only one that gave us the ports we wanted and the week we wanted. And u can't beat the price. We are looking ahead to next Oct and it's b/w Carnival and Royal. Price is much cheaper on Carnival! But I've only been on Royal's older ships so it might be nice to try something else.

Carnival was loyal to us west cost cruisers when other lines chose to pull out.

I know this might sound like a silly reason and now that the others lines are coming back DW wants to "try them out" which we will do at some point. I have only one experience with a different cruise line so I do not really know what the others are like. The other experience we simultaneously say was our best cruise and that we would think twice before cruising with that other line again.

Carnival isn't our first choice, but when we sail them it's usually based on:

1. Craving warm chocolate melting cake

2. Location (Galveston)

3. Price

Now that our favorite line (RCI) sails year round from Galveston, Carnival will likely see less of us.

Price is #1

The lack of economic classes- What I mean is we really loved the Suite and perks on NCL. I would hate to go on, say the MSC Divina and not be in the YC or another NCL cruise and not be in the haven. Or Aqua on X or whatever higher priced, extra perks class of travel available. Those cruises have spoiled me and I would not want to sail without those added perks. And I know they exist!

On Carnival I know that a suite is really just a bigger room but that the perks are not the "Wow I wish I had those perks" type of perks. Although I am paying extra for a Spa 9 cabin so some exclusivity can be found.

I am not envious or wishing I had gone "first class" (so to speak) on other lines, with Carnival we are all in the same boat, so to speak.

Basically Carnival is classless! ;)

Price is #1

The lack of economic classes- What I mean is we really loved the Suite and perks on NCL. I would hate to go on, say the MSC Divina and not be in the YC or another NCL cruise and not be in the haven. Or Aqua on X or whatever higher priced, extra perks class of travel available. Those cruises have spoiled me and I would not want to sail without those added perks. And I know they exist!

On Carnival I know that a suite is really just a bigger room but that the perks are not the "Wow I wish I had those perks" type of perks. Although I am paying extra for a Spa 9 cabin so some exclusivity can be found.

I am not envious or wishing I had gone "first class" (so to speak) on other lines, with Carnival we are all in the same boat, so to speak.

Basically Carnival is classless! ;)

That's an excellent post. I agree that I do like that Carnival doesn't have special privileges. I know other cruise lines offer perks for people based on room category or past guest level, but I like that Carnival keeps everything even. Look at the entitlement that many Platinum passengers think they have. How many complaints start with "I am platinum." Imagine if those passengers had specialty seating or special areas. I am platinum so I'm not trying to imply this against all platinum passengers, we are mostly all good people :)

Edited by TennesseeTater

Bwahahahaa, you're a nut! :)

I only discovered the joys of winning a SOAS on the last two cruises....no medals yet though :(

I cruise Carnival for the price (especially important since I cruise solo) and the sheer number of choices.

Just so you know, medals are runner up prizes or when they don't have SOAS.

I don't need all the wow factor of the newer RCCL ships. I'm not going to zip line, ice skate, surf, rock climb, etc. I know what I'm going to get with a Carnival cruise and I'm good with that. I think RCCL is good for some people, but I'm not willing to pay more for features that I won't use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After 15 cruises with Carnival, this is exactly how we feel. Also I really dont want to be on a ship that has twice as many passengers as my town has residents!!

I think our next cruise we might mix it up a bit and go on a newer Carnival ship. Still havent sailed with the 2.0 yet :p

Carnival provides me a very nice balcony for the same price as an interior on other lines.

Carnival takes me to interesting places for less money than if I flew or drove and stayed at a Hampton Inn each night and ate at a Cracker Barrel for every meal.

I've tried another line and liked it. In the future I will no doubt branch out after I've sailed every itinerary and ship that interests me at Carnival.

I am so with carnival... I have never cruised another line but love knowing what to expect from FTTP to dining to activites. But i am so hesitant to try RCL or NcL. I have been sailing with Carnival and yes they have downgraded alot but don't we still a good time each time. Its a vacation to relax.

Right now it is the price and value for my money as well as the fun and atmosphere onboard the ships. I plan on sailing the other lines someday, but plan to stick with Carnival unless someone has a cheaper cruise when I want to sail next.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

the price for sure. Lets put it this way, how many days of a land vacation can you get for the same price. Lets take away the entertainment has declined argument, and go off of hotel, and resturants only, you're still ahead. And Carnival is cheapest. I treat the ship a lot like a floating hotel with some entertainment.

Edited by pbsteve

I think value and price mostly. we've only been on 2 cruises so far and look forward to our 3rd! We went in 2005 for our 20th wedding anniversary (first cruise) and totally fell in love with cruising. We liked it so much that we decided the following year, 2006, to take our kids for a short cruise out of LA. Because of the itinerary (a stop in San Diego) we decided on RCCL. (Monarch of the Seas (which I hear is no longer in their fleet), we were very disappointed in some of the things and pleased with others. One of the big things was that on our first cruise we became spoiled with the ice cream that we could have any time we wanted and we promised our kids that--on RCCL we had to pay for the ice cream, same with the Pizza. I mean they're not huge items but it was disappointing to promise our kids something that we'd gotten for "free" on the one line and had to pay lots extra for on the other. (we're talking about 5-6 bucks a scoop for ice cream) kinda frustrated me so we're gonna do Carnival again for our 3rd! hopefully we'll not be disappointed.

I now cruise between NCL and Carnival. I am Platinum on Carnival so cruising is a bit easier with priority this and that and laundry. Carnival is also a cheap option. I do now prefer NCL due to their "dress up or not" policies as well as the many dinning options they have. It is like going on vacation and eating out at a different restaurant every night. So now I basically cruise one NCL then one Carnival and vice a versa.