Diamond (and higher) drink vouchers are back on Independence of the Seas

Daghis

[quote name='Merion_Mom']Complete separate. No swiping in the lounge, so those three drinks on your SeaPass are available from 5 to 8:30, regardless of how much you drink in the lounge.

;) :D[/quote]

Did they say if it is because of the large number of D and above onboard (vouchers not card swiping ) like someone reported? Or hopefully they are testing it out for possible fleet wide use:) Edited by molly361

[quote name='Merion_Mom']On the Explorer, the paper says that the vouchers CANNOT be used in the main dining room, [COLOR="Red"]Windjammer[/COLOR] or...............or...........or.........darn it. Can't remember the third place. :([/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know. I guess I'll have to pick the drink up on my way to the Windjammer.

This is truly a great positive change by RCCL and if they don't limit the number of drinks to two or less in the future, will go a long way toward restoring my faith that they are concerned some about the consumer, and not entirely toward their bottom line.

Can't wait to hear what other ships get it. On a TA in Aug. 2014 for 14 nights on brilliance. Really hope they get it by then.

[quote name='rimmit']This is truly a great positive change by RCCL and if they don't limit the number of drinks to two or less in the future, will go a long way toward restoring my faith that they are concerned some about the consumer, and not entirely toward their bottom line.

Can't wait to hear what other ships get it. On a TA in Aug. 2014 for 14 nights on brilliance. Really hope they get it by then.[/QUOTE]

:):):)

We are diamond plus, but not much of a drinker but do like a pina colda or fruity drink can you get those with the card, they are not usually not available in the lounge

We were on the Grandeur in Feb for a B2B and never had vouchers. The Diamond Lounge is in the South Pacific Lounge. The first leg the Diamond Lounge was extended somewhat into the SP Lounge. The second leg had more diamonds so the whole SP lounge was used. Service was great and the food was usually good. We usually waited till early diners had left so we never had a problem finding seats and we had a lot of people cruising together.

[quote name='csk']We are diamond plus, but not much of a drinker but do like a pina colda or fruity drink can you get those with the card, they are not usually not available in the lounge[/QUOTE]
No, they have a limited menu of drinks available in the bars/lounges for the Diamond vouchers. The menu mostly includes a few kinds of beer, house wines, and basic mixed drinks.

Do you happen to know if they have Crown Royal (or similar) in Diamond Lounge or at the bars available with coupons? We are excited that we will be Diamond members for the first time on our upcoming Grandeur cruise. My husband rarely drinks anything other than the Canadian blended whiskey.

I put my plug in today while talking to someone in the main office about how I for one like the vouchers because my travel partner is not Diamond yet. She was happy to hear from at least one person who likes the addition to the program.

[quote name='molly361']Did they say if it is because of the large number of D and above onboard (vouchers not card swiping ) like someone reported? Or hopefully they are testing it out for possible fleet wide use:)[/QUOTE]

No one "said" anything. It was just in our cabins, printed out. We were all noticing, though, how NOT crowded the CL was!

:)

[quote name='velmasue']Do you happen to know if they have Crown Royal (or similar) in Diamond Lounge or at the bars available with coupons? We are excited that we will be Diamond members for the first time on our upcoming Grandeur cruise. My husband rarely drinks anything other than the Canadian blended whiskey.[/QUOTE]

If your DH is a malt fan then get him to try Springbank or Campbeltown. I was not a malt person until I tried it. Now these are most enjoyed and appreciated.:D

I was on the same Indy sailing as Mark (OP) and we were thrilled with the change, at least for now. The Diamond lounge was still quite crowded and we met some wonderful fellow cruisers.

The real advantage for us, since we sail with our junior cruisers, is that we could attend 5 pm trivia with them, order our adult beverages and they, as Diamonds, could order sodas/non alcoholic drinks as well. So at least for the Indy, under 21 Diamonds also received their 3 drinks as well - definitely a perk for all of us.

Being able to sit in any bar with our diamond kids and our non-diamond family members is a huge plus....and the flexibility of being able to use the DL as well is great. As to where's it's going....

Mal - I noticed the lack of garnishes all week. It was odd.

DL/CL menu from what I recall -

Spirits:
Finlandia Vodka
Tanqueray
Dewar's White Label
Courvousier
Bacardi
Jameson's
Cuervo
Sandeman Port
Jack Daniel's
Bailey's

Wine:
Danzante Pinot Grigio (not in Lounge)
St. Martin Chardonnay, Cab, Merlot
Beringer White Zin
House Champagne
Port

Beer:
Amstel Light
Heineken
Bud
Miller Lite
Corona

I sent an email a few days asking saying I liked the idea and asking if it was going fleet wide.

I just got a phone call from the corporate office. They said this is a pilot program on select sailings in March and they are waiting to see how it is received.

It certainly can't hurt to folks to send emails or call to let them know you like the idea, if you do like it

[quote name='molly361']I sent an email a few days asking saying I liked the idea and asking if it was going fleet wide.

I just got a phone call from the corporate office. They said this is a pilot program on select sailings in March and they are waiting to see how it is received.

It certainly can't hurt to folks to send emails or call to let them know you like the idea, if you do like it[/quote]

What email did you send to? I'd like to forward my idea of replacing the Diamond Event for ships without a lounge to just having the drinks on the seapass