Who is booked for an Alaskan Cruise in 2015?

lovetotraveltx

When do the prices normally start to drop?

Really hard to say and I'm sure each sailing is different. I know that at some point all of the insides/outsides will be the same price so I picked the inside cabin I wanted now. For balcony cabins prices can be all over the place depending on the strength of bookings. January is a huge month for sales so by then most cruise lines offer deals - if you are flexible.

Of course, once you have airfare your choices are limited. I have enough FF miles for my ticket so I will book to make Saturday (HAL - Noordam) and Saturday (Ruby Princess) departures work. Right now I can't afford the solo price on HAL :( So depending on what sailing you are looking at you may be able to have your choice of a couple of options - within a couple of days. Good luck and don't forget to check 2013 prices and start monitoring. The Princess deposits are very reasonable and often you can find a reduced deposit sale ($100 pp) to hold a cabin. Just make sure there are no cancel fees ;) If you are working with a good TA that shouldn't be a problem....

Sorry....we did book the Alaska cruise on the Celebrity Soltice Aug 2015!:)

:)

This is funny but.....this is the second time I read your posts and saw that little bug on the screen. Last year we had ants and last week was the first time I saw it.....I panicked and screamed to my husband "We have the ants back again." When I saw it this time I just laughed thinking about my first experience. I had ripped off a piece of paper to smash "the ant" crawling on my computer screen before I realized I was not able to because it was not real. lol

This is going to be our 2nd trip to Alaska! My husband and I are taking our son and his wife for their 10th wedding anniversary! So excited.

My family booked today for July 1st, 2015. We have ages 70+ to 9 going and are all excited! It is the 10 day cruise on the Golden Princess (roundtrip from San Francisco). Just started looking at the excursions and stuff today. The grandparents have been on lots of cruises but it will be my kids first cruise and first time to AK. We get to spend the 4th of July in Juneau :)

DH & I booked our first Alaskan cruise May 2, 2015, Westerdam. Has

anyone been on this ship? We could only cruise the first week of May 2015.

The other choice would be Solistice which is out of Vancouver. Air fare is a little more expensive for us to fly to Vancouver so we choose Westerdam.

Any in put on your experiences would be appreciated. So excited! I know that I will be creeping around this website daily.:cool:

• 9 months later...
If anyone is booked on celebrity millennium for early Alaskan season, may. Can you please report back on the classic drink package. I go early June and would live a better idea of what wines by the glass would be under classic.

Thank you!

But there are so many wines available.

Hi, will be goin in Sept on the Radiance an sure can't wait. Was there in 08 an goin again. No excursions this time, gonna wander around the ports this time, and find things that I haven't seen before. An I don't care if it rains, will be prepared!!!:rolleyes:

We're on the Solstice in September...have had the classic package before and there was a good selection of wines. If they raise the price of the wines then they'll most likely increase the threshold of the wine package ie $9 to 9.50 or 10? You can always upgrade your package once onboard, after a day or two if you don't see anything you like. I know it's nice to have a list beforehand but if they do run out of specific brands they will substitute.

Enjoy!!

We will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary during our June 2015 Alaska cruise aboard RCI's Jewel of the Seas! We will arrive in Seattle a few days early and are looking forward to experiencing the city. We've booked with Chilkoot Tours in Skagway for the train excursion, but so far that's the only thing we've booked. Counting the days :)

We're on the Solstice in September...have had the classic package before and there was a good selection of wines. If they raise the price of the wines then they'll most likely increase the threshold of the wine package ie $9 to 9.50 or 10? You can always upgrade your package once onboard, after a day or two if you don't see anything you like. I know it's nice to have a list beforehand but if they do run out of specific brands they will substitute.

Enjoy!!

Thank you!

DH & I booked our first Alaskan cruise May 2, 2015, Westerdam. Has

anyone been on this ship? We could only cruise the first week of May 2015.

The other choice would be Solistice which is out of Vancouver. Air fare is a little more expensive for us to fly to Vancouver so we choose Westerdam.

Any in put on your experiences would be appreciated. So excited! I know that I will be creeping around this website daily.:cool:

In May 2012, we did our first Alaskan cruise RT out of Seattle on the Westerdam. It is a beautiful ship. We spent a lot of time in the crow's nest which had plenty of seating with even recliner chairs. There was a bar, the library, computers and a coffee bar too.

We are pro RCCL, but I felt the food in the dining room was a tiny bit superior to RCCL's food. We had an Upper Verandah Cabin (VB6053) and had plenty of room for the two of us.

I believe it was due for a dry dock in 2014 so you may see a whole new interior.

Gloria