When was your first Princess Cruise?

h20skibum

On Dawn Princess from Melbourne to Sydney, a 2 night sampler to see if we still liked Cruising. Our previous and last cruise was on the Rasa Sayany during our honeymoon in 1976.:D

Needless to say we fell in love again with cruising and Princess. Now we are preparing for our 9th cruise on Princess next month.;)

Edited by By The Bay

Our first Princess cruise was November 2001 at Thanksgiving on the Golden Princess. It went to the eastern Caribbean. Our first cruise ever was on Norwegian's Seaward in December 1989. In the 1990s we sailed on three Royal Caribbean cruises and then on Celebrity in 2000. We've picked up a lot of speed since then. We just hit Elite this week on the Ruby with our 15th Princess cruise. In addition, we've sailed four times on Holland America, twice more on Celebrity, and once on Carnival.

So far our favorite destination is Alaska. We've been there three times, always on Princess ships. I'm looking forward to when we retire in a few years and can take longer cruises to Europe, Hawaii, and other destinations.

I started cruising in 1982 didn't sail with Princess until 1986. On a TA (ss Norway), I met a gal who wanted to do a 14 day canal cruise I wouldn't be able to afford sailing single.

We went on the 1st Royal Princess, a Les Brown cruise, at 38 I was one of the youngest onboard!!! :) The Royal has been my all time favorite ship.

In 2001, I went on her again unfortunately we left on 9/10 out of New York for a New England cruise. It was a very subdued trip, but Princess did as best they could under the circumstances. It ended in Montreal and by then we were able to fly home.

Mine was in 1999 on the Grand Princess. I had no idea what to expect. The ship was delayed for many hours because of a Coast guard inspection. I didn't care but a bunch of people were upset and wanted some compensation:(. Never understood why people are so grumpy when they are on vacation. I fell in love with cruising in 10 minutes after getting on board. Still love Princess to this day:D

My first cruise was on the original Pacific Princess in the early 80s from L.A. to Acapulco (7 days). My husband and I were upgraded from an outside stateroom on the Aloha Deck to a deluxe outside stateroom on the Promenade Deck (PR232). We just loved our room and our cruise on the Love Boat!

Mine was in 1999 on the Grand Princess. I had no idea what to expect. The ship was delayed for many hours because of a Coast guard inspection. I didn't care but a bunch of people were upset and wanted some compensation:(. Never understood why people are so grumpy when they are on vacation. I fell in love with cruising in 10 minutes after getting on board. Still love Princess to this day:D

Your post reminded me of our first cruise on the costa 1999 our 25th wedding anniversary(previous post) we were next to the Grand and thought WOW, will we ever be able to sail on a ship like that. Now celebrating our 40th and many cruises later we are sailing on the GRAND out of SF to Hawaii. Kind of a special memory for us

Guest USC Traveler

my first princess cruise was on the golden princess in 2007. it was a coastal cruise from vancouver to los angeles and it stopped in victoria, astoria, san francisco and catalina and then into l.a.

this cruise taught me never to book a mini-suite on dolphin deck! it was awful because after sailing on the oosterdam where all mini-suites have covered balconies, it was a shock to find out that the balcony was totally uncovered. this allowed people from the upper decks to throw garbage, cigarette butts and cigar butts down onto my balcony. the balcony was constantly full of litter. thank goodness for the fellow cc passenger who told me about the mini-suites on emerald deck and particularly the last two minis with the extra large balconies. after this cruise, i only book those mini-suites and i'm extremely satisfied.

i enjoyed the experience on princess very much. the crew, the ship and the food were very, very good. i have continued to cruise with princess and two more cruises with hal. i will admit that i like the mini-suite cabins and deluxe veranda cabins better on hal but princess is my favourite. hal has cut back on service and food and it's very noticeable. however, the beds and the linens are unbeatable on hal.

Edited by USC Traveler

My first cruise was in 1994 on the Windward (Norwegian Cruises). I was quite the oddity - 31 y.o.! Very young for cruising for back then. My first Princess cruise was in September 1996 on the old Star Princess in Alaska. Beautiful, beautiful ship. I thought she was HUGE, but by today's standards she was tiny. We had a balcony stateroom (after my first cruise was in an inside, which we called the 'sensory deprivation chamber' and having visited someone's balcony stateroom, I vowed to never cruise without one). This was my dear departed mother's first cruise and she loved it. We took 19 Princess cruises together until she passed in 2008. When I stepped aboard the Royal in December, I kept thinking how much mom would have loved her! Our second was a Panama Canal cruise (Acapulco to San Juan) on the Regal with (now) Commodore Romano as Captain.

My first "cruise" was as a passenger on a freighter from Norfolk to/from Rotterdam in 1955. My first cruise was on the Song of Norway in 1980. My first Princess cruise was on the original Royal Princess in 1999 from Manaus (Brazil) to San Juan. I've been hooked on ships and cruising for a long, long time.

Pam, we were on the Song of Norway in 1978 (7 day Caribbean) and that still stands out as the best cruise ever---of course we were young and carefree back in those days so everything seemed a little more fun.

Fast forward to our first Princess cruise which was for our 30th anniversary in 2006, ten days on the Dawn to the Mexican Riviera. It was magical as we were able to return to the resort where we honeymooned when we were in port in Acapulco.

Our first cruise was a 12 day Cruisetour to Alaska in July of 2007 on the Sapphire Princess. After that we were hooked. We try to take one cruise a year now. All but one cruise has been on Princess.

Edited by AZP

We were on the first Princess ship to arrive in Australia. It was the 'Sun Princess' and we enjoyed a great cruise over to New Zealand in February, 2008.

Six years later and we've not strayed away from Princess.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

Our first ever cruise was on the old Star Princess to Alaska in 1994. It was a belated celebration of our Silver Wedding and the end of my chemo treatment. We didn't cruise again until we retired ten years ago and after trying several different lines our next Princess cruise was to South America on the Star Princess last year.

Our first ever cruise was on the old Star Princess to Alaska in 1994. It was a belated celebration of our Silver Wedding and the end of my chemo treatment. We didn't cruise again until we retired ten years ago and after trying several different lines our next Princess cruise was to South America on the Star Princess last year.

I miss the old Ocean Village (ex Arcadia ex Star Princess). She was not around for very long until P&O/Princess dished her off. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I miss the old Ocean Village (ex Arcadia ex Star Princess). She was not around for very long until P&O/Princess dished her off. :(

You can find the old Ocean Village sailing out of Australia as the P&O Pacific Pearl. ;)

Of course it has been changed for the OZ market.:mad: