Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I cant believe Escape week is finally here!!! Have been waiting for this forever. I have never been booked on a New ship so early in its career, so the anticipation has been killing me. Cant wait to see the menus and the Beer list for the District Brewhouse. I cant wait to finally get some good beer on a cruise!!! Happy Escape Week everyone!!

6&8

Excited here too! I will probably be sailing on the Escape sometime in Jan, haven't picked a date yet, but will be so much fun to read all the reviews and see all the pics :)

I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, Headliners will be used as a late night dance club on Escape (in addition to being a comedy club) and that Howl at the Moon may use another venue (if indeed it is going to be onboard) such as the 5 O'clock somewhere bar/club. It will be interesting to see what they actually do.

I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, Headliners will be used as a late night dance club on Escape (in addition to being a comedy club) and that Howl at the Moon may use another venue (if indeed it is going to be onboard) such as the 5 O'clock somewhere bar/club. It will be interesting to see what they actually do.

My son is friends with the Howl at the Moon duo and they told him they'd see him on our November 14th cruise.

Tracy

I made an interesting, current mixed with future, top of the megaships of 150.000 GT and up to see where Escape and her future sisters will be.

Hoping on no mistakes...

Harmony of the Seas (227.700 GT) delivery in april 2016

Oasis class #4 (227.700 GT) delivery in 2018

Allure of the Seas (225.282 GT) delivered in 2010

Oasis of the Seas (225.282 GT) delivered in 2009

Costa LNG #1 (180.000 GT) delivery in 2019

Costa LNG #2 (180.000 GT) delivery in 2020

Aida LNG #1 (180.000 GT) delivery in 2019

Aida LNG #2 (180.000 GT) delivery in 2020

Quantum of the Seas (167.800 GT) delivered october 2014

Anthem of the Seas (167.800 GT) delivered in spring 2015

Ovation of the Seas (167.800 GT) delivery in april 2016

Quantum class #4 (167.800 GT) delivery spring 2019

MSC Meraviglia STX 1 (167.600 GT) delivery in early 2017

MSC new build STX 2 (167.600 GT) delivery in 2019

Norwegian Escape (164.400 GT) delivery in october 2015

Norwegian formerly known as Bliss/hull S.694 (164.400 GT) delivery in 2017

Norwegian Breakaway Plus class #3 (164.400 GT) delivery in Q2 2018

Norwegian Breakaway Plus class #4 (164.400 GT) delivery in Q4 2019

Norwegian Epic (155.873 GT) delivered in june 2010

Freedom of the Seas (154.407 GT) delivered in 2006

Liberty of the Seas (154.407 GT) delivered in 2007

Independence of the Seas (154.407 GT) delivered in 2008

MSC Seaside 1 (Fincantieri) (154.000 GT) delivery in november 2017

MSC Seaside 2 (Fincantieri) (154.000 GT) delivery in may 2018

Genting World, luxury Breakaway class for Star Cruises (150.000 GT) delivery in fall 2016

Queen Mary 2 with 148.528 GT closes the top 10 just below the 150.000 GT mark. Breakaway and Getaway follow at place 11 with 146.600 GT and 145.655 GT.

After that it's almost all under 140.00 GT; MSC, Royal's Voyager class, Disney, Carnival, etc. down to 100.000 GT.

The new build runner ups are:

Carnival's largest new build, Vista, comes in at 135.000 GT in 2016.

Celebrity's new class will be 117.000 GT and set sail in 2018.

AIDA will receive two 125.000 GT ships, one of them is the delayed AIDAprima coming december.

Princess & P&O new class are 141.000 GT and Virgin's to be ships will be 110.000 GT.

Anything unmentioned is 100.000 GT or below (HAL Koningsdam, TUI Mein Schiff i.e.)

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Looked, but couldn't find anything concerning internet for Escape. When on Oasis after refit they had installed the O3b network. It worked terrific. Does Norwegian have anything comparable to this ? I assume Escape will have state of the art internet/wifi. Thanks Gerry

As far as I know, no, the Escape will only have the same kind of internet satellite link as the previous NCL ships. NCL has no contract with O3b. By the way, the deal between O3b and RCI, with the small number of O3b satellites in action for now takes a large part of the possible bandwith yet. So NCL will have to wait for new O3b satellites to be launched or to find another satellite company.

The unlimited wifi access (around $25 a day) will be the same also. Bad as it could be :-(

Howl is listed as being in Headliners next Wednesday.

I made an interesting, current mixed with future, top of the megaships of 150.000 GT and up to see where Escape and her future sisters will be.

Hoping on no mistakes...

Harmony of the Seas (227.700 GT) delivery in april 2016

Oasis class #4 (227.700 GT) delivery in 2018

Allure of the Seas (225.282 GT) delivered in 2010

Oasis of the Seas (225.282 GT) delivered in 2009

There is also a 4th ship in the Oasis class I believe

As far as I know, no, the Escape will only have the same kind of internet satellite link as the previous NCL ships. NCL has no contract with O3b. By the way, the deal between O3b and RCI, with the small number of O3b satellites in action for now takes a large part of the possible bandwith yet. So NCL will have to wait for new O3b satellites to be launched or to find another satellite company.

The unlimited wifi access (around $25 a day) will be the same also. Bad as it could be :-(

Thanks for the info. I am sure it will still beat semaphore or soup cans on a string ! LOL. Gerry.

Edited by buckeye rob

Thanks for the info. I was on the Oasis in September and the wifi was pretty amazing. It was almost as fast as the wifi I have at home. And it was only $105 for unlimited access for the entire week.

Hopefully NCL gets that technology one day.

As far as I know, no, the Escape will only have the same kind of internet satellite link as the previous NCL ships.

Yep, pretty much what I'm expecting . . . but will deal with it and hope for the best.

Thanks for the explanation. :)

They talk about where the night club is going to be located on the new Norwegian video on their youtube channel.

So that rules my theory out. Only venues left for late night dance club are either 5'oclock or skyliners. I'm on the crossing and there has been no update on entertainment schedule yet except the two Broadway shows and for the record.

Both the Brewhouse and 5 o'clock somewhere bars advertise live music and dancing if that counts for you.