Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Margaritaville will no last too long. The grill area on the AWAY's is like others have said, buffet style. With Jimmy Buffet being a notorious hard ass to deal with. Quality control will be an issue, burgers, nachos and other staple dishes from the traditional MV. Menu can't be up to standards as his food is cooked to order.

Can you imagine how gross nachos sitting under warming lights will taste after a while. My guess like [emoji90]. If they cooked to order, in that type of venue. The wait would be long, not what folks want by the pool area.

What are your thoughts?

Do you think the Haven pool will be 5' feet deep? Oh man I hope so.

Also if we brought a ball to the pool would we be allowed to use it? We would only do it at times when next to no one was there. Early early morning or evening.

The reason why I ask is my DD plays water polo and she will need to train a bit. She would rather do it in the pool than the gym.

Putting my flame resistance suit on. Yes I know its a vacation, yes I know she is just a kid (14). When you play at her level you can not take a week off without having it effect your play and she will be in the middle of her season. with a very important camp just a few weeks after we get back.

Margaritaville will no last too long. The grill area on the AWAY's is like others have said, buffet style. With Jimmy Buffet being a notorious hard ass to deal with. Quality control will be an issue, burgers, nachos and other staple dishes from the traditional MV. Menu can't be up to standards as his food is cooked to order.

Can you imagine how gross nachos sitting under warming lights will taste after a while. My guess like [emoji90]. If they cooked to order, in that type of venue. The wait would be long, not what folks want by the pool area.

What are your thoughts?

Flamingo Grill had a mix of buffet and cooked-to-order fare. I had some amazing Cuban sandwiches made for me on the spot. I imagine that the same can be said for Margaritaville. I think an empirical study is in order; you know, for quality assurance. Drinks there, too.

What are your thoughts?

Money Talks

Do you think the Haven pool will be 5' feet deep? Oh man I hope so.

Also if we brought a ball to the pool would we be allowed to use it? We would only do it at times when next to no one was there. Early early morning or evening.

The reason why I ask is my DD plays water polo and she will need to train a bit. She would rather do it in the pool than the gym.

Putting my flame resistance suit on. Yes I know its a vacation, yes I know she is just a kid (14). When you play at her level you can not take a week off without having it effect your play and she will be in the middle of her season. with a very important camp just a few weeks after we get back.

Looks like at least 5 ft. Normally the ladder rungs are about a foot apart

It was a less crowded easier breakfast place. I loved Flamingo grill. The only issue was crossing the Track to get to it. So many runners in the morning it was sort of like a game of frogger.

They made the breakfast sandwiches, omelets right there so it was extra fresh. Fruit cups yogurts, pastries including a few different ones

Loved Flamingo Grill in the morning! I could get my basic breakfast of two eggs over easy, hashbrowns, and bacon there without having to fight the crowds down in the regular buffet.

Quick question as some of you are very close to cruise time: I've noticed that there are quite a few open cabins on the TA...anyone get an upsell offer?

No offer and I there hasn't been a price change since 9/2.

Never seen the cruise on a cruise stay static this close to sailing.

Flamingo Grill had a mix of buffet and cooked-to-order fare. I had some amazing Cuban sandwiches made for me on the spot. I imagine that the same can be said for Margaritaville. I think an empirical study is in order; you know, for quality assurance. Drinks there, too.

Hope so. Because the potential is there. I just remember on both the AWAY's the grill was OK. But thing tasted like they were cooked well in advance and reheated on the grill or flattop.

Quick question as some of you are very close to cruise time: I've noticed that there are quite a few open cabins on the TA...anyone get an upsell offer?

They closed the short cruise from Hamburg, that one might be full enough (still showed some open cabins last weeks) for them. :D

Ooh Cuban sandwiches yum yum! Last time I had one was in Miami - ooh and corn dogs! Omg I'd never had a corn dog until 2010! I think I might need another one now!

American style restaurants are very in at the moment in my home town of Nottingham - think no less than 5 have opened this year!

Anyway getting back to the ship! Love the chandelier in the silver - looks awesome! And is the Haven roof retractable? I'm actually beginning to think I should swap my booking to the Escape on my Miami adventure next year!

12118851_953821321343154_981067639208294948_n.jpg?oh=1f59dc4e0d027ebc34f251cbca3531d1&oe=56C1B5B8

NCL Germany confirmed on their Facebook page that there will be only fireworks in Hamburg for the industry 2day cruise. On the 25th of October Escape will not be passing the Landungsbrucken (she leaves from another part of the port for the revenue cruise).

"Norwegian Cruise Line Deutschland: Am 25.10. ist kein weiteres Programm geplant und die Norwegian Escape wir nicht an den Landungsbrücken vorbei fahren."

Quick question as some of you are very close to cruise time:

I've noticed that there are quite a few open cabins on the TA...

anyone get an upsell offer?

A few weeks ago, we tried using points from our Bank of America Norwegian MasterCard (now have over 90,000) for a Meta upgrade.

After checking, the NCL Agent said sorry, but the cruise is "sold out" and then suggested we use our points for another cruise.

(Of course, WE don't believe the TA cruise is sold out.):rolleyes:

Me thinks we are "locked in" to our Escape Paris Package and it would be too difficult or, not worth their time to give us an upsell.:)

UK had a couple of short sales on the TA, a while back(£399 inc UBP), then another quite recently but not as low prices(£449 inc UBP), back to normal pricing now(£519 no UBP)

(those are inside prices 2pax pp inc taxes before any agent perks.)

There are still some agent packages with flights at good rates.

What are your thoughts?

We have had some gross nachos and bad food and service in general at the Margaritaville in Niagara Falls. Where were his standards at this restaurant? The one in Las Vegas was a blast and good food.

Edited by RUDIMAY1