Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Can't wait to meet all of you next week, we are leaving day after tomorrow!!

Going to see some of Europe before we get to Hamburg on the 22nd.

Thanks for all the photos and information over the last year, it has been exciting to see the new build.

Safe travels,

Lynda & Lyle

I'm loving those half moon booths at the back!

They have those in Illusionarium on Getaway. I think they are great, although many complain that the view is bad. (The venue set up of Supper Club is completely different, so that's irrelevant. :) )

Did you find anything out? I know on Getaway Balcony and Mini it was 2 beds pushed together and not a real king. IMO its bigger than a regular queen but defiantly not a full size king. Kind of rounded at the end sides a little bit to make maneuvering around easier. I think they call them "Norwegian Kings."

...not yet.....had a bunch of stuff come up today so will try tomorrow The information about the beds on other ships is helpful though for my discussion with NCL thanks

An then check out the spa :cool: Correct, spa buddy??

Absolutely!! I assume I'll see you there?!

I read somewhere (my husband has accused me of being obsessed with the CC threads....maybe?!) anyway-- I read that the Spa is open to public first day and people can come through with cameras. I think I will wait to don a bathing suit until the throngs have passed. Don't need my thunder thighs all over the internet!! (sorry for the TMI!) We offered to include our mid-ship mini-suite in the cabin crawl and I already expressed concern about pictures of our stuff all over the place!! :rolleyes:

I noticed the same thing on the hard copy that we just received. We have a mid-ship mini suite booked on 11/14 sailing. I was told it was a king bed--which is what we have at home (hubby is 6ft4in and all elbows and legs!) but, the brochure says it is two single which can be pushed together to a queen--NOT as promised! I'm pretty sure I printed the description when I booked. Unfortunately, I used a TA who has proven to be less than useless. I'm going to call NCL tomorrow to try to straighten it out-- hope they don't refer me back to TA :rolleyes:

Most cruise ship beds are custom made and slightly wider than a standard queen but not as wide as a king. When separated the "twins" are narrower than a standard twin. The length is closer to a queen size, and many lines have the beds rounded off at the end. Beds in all classes of room are typically the same size. That's pretty universal across all cruise lines from my experience.

Another incredible 4k ultra HD video, you can practically see if your bed is by the balcony or not in this one!

Also the BX cat, I am almost sure they are sharing the straight railing (perhaps a slight curve) with the M6 mini's. Making it a choice; a mini with a large balcony or a regular balcony stateroom with some extra privacy and a larger balcony.

29mu3dk.png

Another incredible 4k ultra HD video, you can practically see if your bed is by the balcony or not in this one!

Also the BX cat, I am almost sure they are sharing the straight railing (perhaps a slight curve) with the M6 mini's. Making it a choice; a mini with a large balcony or a regular balcony stateroom with some extra privacy and a larger balcony.

29mu3dk.png

Everytime I see that big 8th floor BX balcony I get so frustrated. We had that room booked (my daughter is in a wheelchair and I was looking forward to the extra balcony space and being on the same floor as some activites so we didnt always require a elevator). Our travel agent had to re-do our reservation to give us the drinks package (we bought the day before the drink package became included on promotion), when that happened we lost the room. I desperately tried to get it back but they were all scooped up.

The video is super! I can't wait to show my husband. We booked a balcony guarantee for January 2016 at a fantastic price back in February. Immediately we were assigned 8712, and I was so surprised to get our balcony assigned so quickly. I did a lot of research, and figured it should have a larger balcony. It is wonderful to see that we do have a HUGE unobstructed balcony. I simply cannot wait! So exciting.

I would hate to be in one of those balconies directly to the sides/below the cantilevered hot tub.

We're not quite there, but close...we have one deck above us. We're in 17104. My husband wanted something on Deck 18, but I convinced him that the sun decks above us might cause some noise. Then he ends up picking the cabin below the hot tub! We don't spend a ton of time on our balcony and I honestly can't really see how it will bother us, but I am curious to see if there are any complaints from cabins.

You can really see the video screen going on the pool deck! I'm curious how much they will utilize this.

Me too. It seems like on Getaway, the big screen in Spice mostly just showed scenic images and things all day long, and nothing was ever actually broadcast. I wonder if these on the pool deck will be the same.

Now that she's out and about, I would really like to know the size of the balconies on the stern corner H6 Penthouse Suites. I'm sure they are not 78 sq ft, as given on the NCL website, but pictures are worth a thousand words;) I hope some kind soul could post a picture relieve my curiosity.:)