LIVE from the Cloud, 10th April FL to Barcelona

Silver Spectre

Wes, very surprised about the Artists. SS got rid of the Jean Ann Ryan shows several years ago and got their own artists. Surprised they're dropping them.

Silver Spectre, we loved Kasheena. Every time I talked to her I told her I wanted her to marry my son! And Jovanni is the best bass-baritone they've ever had. Wonder what SS is planning for entertainment?

Dieter

Yes, sadly the entertainment contract was not renewed. I guess we should expect some "transition" pain.

All the Artistes we have met and seen have been talented, tireless and a lovely, dedicated group of performers.

My understanding is tHe Silver Spirit has the last group of Artistes who disembark March 13, 2015.

Another wonderful evening on board the Silver Cloud. Enjoyed a few martinis w/blu cheese stuffed olives made by Joey (Panorama Lounge bartender). Pined for my beautiful bride, Ida as I felt like an alien being by myself. Pls enjoy the first sunset pix on our first seaday:

cl2pm002_zps61a0e69f.jpg

After lip smacking gin martini’s with blue cheese stuffed olives prepared by Joey in the Panorama Lounge, headed to the Restaurant for dinner. At the restaurant was met by Segio (Restaurant Mgr) who noted my Army retired lapel pin before sending me to my table. So unutsual to note the Restaurant at the peak dining time with so many empty tables:

cl2pm003_zps5774b213.jpg

At my table where I was served by Neil and sommelier Natalia (from Ukraine—her family is ok). Ordered Lobster Quesadillas paired with a very nice dry reisling. Then had a very nice Chateunauf de Pape opened for my second course and Veal. (pls note pix below) . Also, order a small portion of the vegetarian main course (tonight portabella mushroom on a bed of polenta—delish)

cl2pm004_zpse790c8e8.jpg

Farbster/Lawrence; Yes, sad that the Silversea Artists are leaving for good and do hope as says there is an entertainment transition plan in place prior to their last show.

Wellseasoned/Dieter; fair winds and following seas as Debbie and you start your month long Shadow Asia journey. Will check with F&B mgr on the White Choc Grappa. Wish Debbie and you were at an empty table on board too.

Stumblefoot/Brian, wish I could take credit for the wine choice but I heeded our La Terraza sommelier’s (Marlow) recommendation.

Beautiful second sea day on the Silver Cloud as you can see by the sunrise below.

cl3003_zps0dad2beb.jpg

We have a full day of marvelous activities (3 enrichment lectures, Chef David is doing Cuba Libre in about 30 min, boat building at noon, bootcamp with Nacho at 4pm then our first formal night preceded by the Captain’s Welcome reception. Having dinner tonight with the Cruise Consultant in the Restaurant. Tonight will be capped off as the Silversea Artists present fABBAlicious.

Having dinner tonight with the Cruise Consultant in the Restaurant.
Beautiful sunrise indeed. I'd be interested to read what sort of tips and tidbits the Cruise Consultant might share to find the best suites or values when making a future cruise booking.

Have a wonderful time you all

Living vicariously through your posts ,

Larry and I have been very sick since march and could use some cheering up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to hear you have been under the weather. Hope you get well soon!

Enjoyed another outstanding day on board the Silver Cloud. Attending the second of Chef David’s (Le Ecole des Chefs) cooking demonstration’s: Cuba Libre. David demonstrated along with Executive Chef, Grant cooking; Marinated Pork Tenderloin, Tostones (unique because they are fried twice), Aranitas De Yuca (Cassava Fritters) and an delicious Tomatillio Salsa Verde (tho Ida’s is still tops in my book).

clpm004_zpse47776c7.jpg

At lunch enjoyed another superb lunch at La Terraza with EnglishUSA. Someone posted asking if I could take a pix of David’s T-shirts—pls see below. Speaking of Facebook, David taught me how to use Facetime on board, so I can speak with Ida Ipad to Ipad with video at only the cost of wifi—thanks David.

clpm006_zps2d1c420d.jpg

Challenged by fitness instructor Nacho at Body Sculpt Book camp this afternoon. Used some muscles I had not used in thirty years. Am sure they are going to tell me which ones when I wake up tomorrow. By the way, earlier I posted I got to board early. Found out I received (along with David) a very special VIP package including complimentary laundry &pressing (tho go over 100 das this voyage so get laundry), afternoon Canapes served by Butler, One complimentary dinner for two in Le Champagne (arranged with head waiter Paul for two dinners in LC (since am solo) and daily newspaper (WSJ for me). What a wonderful surprise.

Pls enjoy some pix of another fabulous evening on the Cloud, first Capt Sangiocomo welcoming guests for his reception:

clpm008_zps692f3613.jpg

Captain toasting the senior Silver Cloud Crew:

clpm017_zps6b377b39.jpg

Sunset tonight:

cl3003_zps0dad2beb.jpg

First formal nite, rcvd invitation to dine with the Silver Cloud Cruise consultant. Wes & Christiane (Cruise Consultant on the Silver Cloud)

clpm020_zpscfe3b0c7.jpg

Fabbalciious (Artists of Silver cloud doing ABBA show) pix:

clpm023_zps058c72d7.jpg

Wellseasoned asked if White Choc Grappa is available—Yes

Emtbsam asked who the ship’s leadership will be for the charter, Capt Sangiocomo, Staff Captain Lecesse, CD –David Lawtown, HD—Gianni Dotti, CC--Cristiana

We begin our third sea day today and third day in a row we have moderate seas (less than 4ft) but first morning we are overcast (no sunrise pix) today. Today's highlights include: Enrichment Lectures (Chelsea Flower Show, Tony Bennett: The Good Life, Indian Politics—How the world’s largest Democracy functions). Chef David presents Dinner for Two, Marini Tasting just after lunch. In late afternoon there is a jewelry presentation by Noah Barcelona. I will enjoy Body Sculpt Boot camp then Yoga. Entertainment tonight is Cabaret featuring Jason Andino, Your Friend on the Low End.

Wes,

Very nice pictures. We're leaving next week, or this week depending on how you look at it, on the Spirit transatlantic and the pics are raising the level of anticipation. The more hymnologically inclined might call them 'a foretaste of glory divine'.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Lovely to see you and your wife enjoying your cruise Wes!

Keep the pictures coming. :)

edited to add .... thought you might like this picture of office workers "basking in Barcelona" we saw on our SS cruise ...

11110039_zpsf7e5b82e.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Wes, enjoying your photos, except for one problem. Your sunset photo yesterday has the sun setting over the Cloud's bow. I thought you were sailing eastward. I think the sun sets in the west, even for Army guys. :)

(Couldn't resist...I know it's the same photo you also used for yesterday's sunrise.)

Dieter

Also, Wes, your complimentary Le Champagne meals are worth even more now. The Silversea website shows that they just raised the price from $30 per person to $40.

Dieter

Got told this yesterday, and will point out to them that it was $30 when I booked, so will see if they will honour that.

There was a little rain this morning, some thin sun this afternoon, and it has got noticeably chillier outside.

Had a great Captain's welcome dinner last night, excellent table hosted by Clive Jellicoe, tour manager. We had some serious wine drinkers at the table and at one point had 5 whites, three reds and a sweetie on the go. Both the very able female sommeliers were buzzing around trying to keep up, and Clive got totally confused.

It was a ball.

Yes, sadly the entertainment contract was not renewed. I guess we should expect some "transition" pain.

All the Artistes we have met and seen have been talented, tireless and a lovely, dedicated group of performers.

My understanding is tHe Silver Spirit has the last group of Artistes who disembark March 13, 2015.

Herman, I have been told it will be the Shadow, and the November cruise that rounds the horn and finishes in BA.

UKJeff/Jeff, thanks for sharing the Barcelona folks enjoying a sunny afternoon.

Wellseasoned; my bad, too many WCG (White Choc Grappas) as I post end of day after dinner/drinks show. Thanks for the heads up on Le Champagned 35% price increase, and yes the bill tonight showed $40.

Victoria; Yes Clive will be on your charter—he sends his regards.

Enjoyed another outstanding cooking demonstration by Chef David today. David’s theme was Dinner for Two. The menu David and Executive Chef Grant and Assistant Regan prepared was: Lemongrass Skewered Shrimps, Pumpkin Veloute, Medallions of Veal with Porcini Mushrooms and for Desert, Chocolate-filled Pancakes with a hot-Passion Fruit sauce. Pls enjoy a few pix of this cooking demo below:

cl4pm002_zps55cf57ae.jpg

cl4pm004_zps10a85a4f.jpg

Pls enjoy a few pix from dinner tonight in Le Champagne (only three tables filled) but dining was majestic (esp Pommery Louse 1999, paired with Dover Sole and capped with Grand Marnier Souflee). Tho, the isolation of an empty Le Champagne magnified that I was dining without my life love Ida....fortunately EngilshUSA dropped by to say hello and say he will join me for the next LC dinner. The Silver Cloud's dining spots (La Terraza, Restaurant, Le Champagne, Pool Grill are almost empty every nite--a unique experience--positive is there are more servers at breakfast/lunch/dinner than diners and service is exceptionally impeccable.

cl4pm005_zps4c6001b8.jpg

cl4pm006_zpsd26d0ef2.jpg

Edited by Colonel(Ret.)Wes