LIVE from the Cloud, 10th April FL to Barcelona

Silver Spectre

Ooh you are awful,but I like you.

Remember Dick Emery?

Of course ....

Always the oddities! Had an eye for women seemed to be his main undoing, a private pilots licence .... and evidently laid in state (abandoned) in a lockup garage.

A colourful life.

:)

Of course ....

Always the oddities! Had an eye for women seemed to be his main undoing, a private pilots licence .... and evidently laid in state (abandoned) in a lockup garage.

A colourful life.

Well, I qualify for two of those things.

Thankfully I don't spend any time in my garage

Well, I qualify for two of those things.

Thankfully I don't spend any time in my garage

My PPL career ended when she first experienced a Falcon 900 and told me to drop the annual maintenance of the PPL unless I manned up to Falcon class ... which on my rations was a non-starter.

Do you share or have your own?

By the way .... the Black Horse with it's lampshade charging towards you is a bit scary on the latest ads.:( Specially when the light goes on ....

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Thanks david/Wes for your report.

I was too jealous to post earlier-you had my favourite waitress Cherry on board.She is the one in the pictures of the first Chef's demonstration.

And to our friends who follow a failing cricket team I remember Dick Emery well.Was selected from the audience to be the subject of several of his one liners.

Hi Wes, .... godd to see your reports.

Sadly the recipe is wrong .... the hint being in the name. :D

Shepherds Pie is always lamb and Cottage Pie is always beef. It would a very confused Shepherd who used a cow ......:rolleyes:

Chef says 'CRAP'!

Wes, loving the regular posts. Thx for including us all this week.

And, it's nice to learn there is a Mr. Duct Tape. However, would the real Duct Tape mind if we refer to him as "Masking Tape" instead? ;o)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving the humor on this thread..thanks for putting a smile on this solo cruiser's face this early in the morn. We are six and half hours (after eight almost magical sea days in a row) from our first port, Funchal. Looking forward to a 90 min run for the first time on land in beautiful Madiera. Having dinner at the pool grill tonight with EnglishUSA and two other soloists we have shared some time with on board. Wonderful dinner in La Terraza with Bob (another soloist, Army/Coast Guard Vet) we both had the Duck Ragout as main course. Will be sad to see the enrichment lecturers depart, esp Chef David. Ida and look very forward to sailing with Chef David on the Shadow this December (Buenos Aires to VP)

Edited by Colonel(Ret.)Wes

Hi Wes, .... godd to see your reports.

Sadly the recipe is wrong .... the hint being in the name. :D

Shepherds Pie is always lamb and Cottage Pie is always beef. It would a very confused Shepherd who used a cow ......:rolleyes:

When in Wales.......!

Chef says 'CRAP'!

When in Wales.......!

A shepherd /ˈʃɛpərd/, or sheepherder, is a person who tends, herds, feeds, or guards herds of sheep. The word stems from an amalgam of sheep herder.

Exactly. Doesn't say much about the chef really does it? "Oh no .... it's perfecly alright to subsititute a bit of frozen coley for the lobster in the Lobster Thermidor ....."

:eek::D

I doubt the peas are optional for Jeff.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am very partial to my peas! How did you know?:confused:;):D

I'm given the sad choice by The Boss. In the pie or on the plate but not both. It's therefore always on the plate. And never, ever carrot.

Today’s highlights include Boat building judging and sail-in Party as the Silver Cloud arrives in Funchal. The Silver Cloud Quarter will provide music. We have about sixty guests (30 from Germany) joining us in Funchal. As Tim (Guest Relations Mgr) explained many have a four day easter vacation from work, so extending their vacation a few days to join the Cloud in Funchal is very convenient.

Very nice that this afternoon, both Sergio (Restaurant Mgr from Madiera) and Maria (one of our international hostess from Spain) will get a few precious hours to share with their family when we dock.

Please enjoy a few pix taken today at the Boat building and sail-in party, not first up is EnglishUSA/David in his daily new Tshirt:

cl10sailin005_zps411db25f.jpg

cl10sailin002_zps4d4c24ca.jpg

cl10sailin009_zps547d0d74.jpg

cl10sailin010_zps1e856e66.jpg

cl10sailin006_zpsedeb2423.jpg

My PPL career ended when she first experienced a Falcon 900 and told me to drop the annual maintenance of the PPL unless I manned up to Falcon class ... which on my rations was a non-starter.

Do you share or have your own?

By the way .... the Black Horse with it's lampshade charging towards you is a bit scary on the latest ads.:( Specially when the light goes on ....

JEFF,

I have a NetJets account so I can call up anything that I want.

I usually use a Gulf Stream for long haul and a Hawker 800xp for shorter hops to Europe.

I also have a couple of friends with their own planes.

I usually fly from Farnborough or Biggin Hill

For holiday trips I like BA first if timing is not bad.

Edited by Mr Luxury

JEFF,

I have a NetJets account so I can call up anything that I want.

I usually use a Gulf Stream for long haul and a Hawker 800xp for shorter hops to Europe.

I also have a couple of friends with their own planes.

I usually fly from Farnborough or Biggin Hill

For holiday trips I like BA first if timing is not bad.

Yes .. we go from Farnborough. Sadly no NetJets for us .... and no access to the "company fleet" any more. The odd trip to Cannes in other peoples planes with people hoping for a bit of film recognition is the most recent. Nearly always optimistic with a party atmosphere going out and glum on the return. Lot's to drink though!

I am envious of a NetJets account. :)

Blessed with fine weather in Funchal today. Said goodbye to the two lovely ladies, Alie and Lisa, au revoir to David Bilsland who is heading to the Spirit in about 4 days time in Bermuda. We lost one paying guest and gained 55 newbies, so now running with 218 onboard.

Dinner tonight on the pool grill with Marty, Briggitte, Wes and David, plus one other, should be a total blast.

TV channel 2 is down at present, so no map, weather or position. Not sure what the problem is, but everything else is running beautifully.

This afternoon enjoyed a leisurely run in/around Madiera, getting a chance to visit the city center, one of Madiera’s many beautiful parks, the famous Reid’s hotel, and one of Madiera’s coastal park. Pls enjoy some Madiera while running pix next post below.

This evening was fortunate to enjoy Marty, Brigitt, EnglishUSA/David, Mike and Mr. and Mrs. Silver company at the pool grill. Since the Hot Rocks/pool grill concept was introduced with the Silver Spirt in Dec 2009—this was the best pool grill meal we’ve had—Rudy arranged for all seven of us to have Lobster to grill along with our meat. Here is a pix of us enjoying our Grill meal:

cl10grills001_zpsa3f47617.jpg

Arrived late tonight in my suite to this nice Easter surprise:

cl10grills011_zps98aa5425.jpg

Tonight’s entertainment:

cl10grills003_zps20b9a9f0.jpg

cl10grills007_zps010f2ffd.jpg

cl10grills008_zpsd7e4f71c.jpg

Pls enjoy pix below those taken this afternoon in Madiera: Note the scale of the Cloud vs Norwegian Spirit.

cl10pm007_zpsd5133c5e.jpg

cl10pm004_zps11d7acde.jpg

cl10pm020_zps4132aed2.jpg

cl10pm010_zpsa34175d4.jpg

cl10pm013_zpse60c9891.jpg