LIVE from the Cloud, 10th April FL to Barcelona

Silver Spectre

We’re now enjoying our ninth sea day of this Silversea Silver Cloud crossing enroute to our next port of call Cadiz, Spain.

Today’s highlights include Easter Service, enrichment lectures (What is NATO, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Life story), Italian Wine Tasting, Fruhschoppen (Specal Easter German Buffet), Caipirinha Toast courtesy of H.Stern Boutique, and Yoga just before dinner. Tonight’s entertainment is Francisco Yglesia (World’s most renowned virtuoso of the Paraguayan Harp).

We had our last of six 25 hour days (advanced the clocks an hour) last nite—thank goodness. Enjoy today’s EnglishUSA T-shirt pix and pix of the delicious Fruhschoppen below.

Enjoying the new menu in La Terraza tonight…anyone for Veal Saltimbocca Alla Romana paired with a delightful Tignanello?

cl11aft001_zps7c1067ad.jpg

cl11aft006_zpsfec6d34b.jpg

cl11aft005_zps9550fd82.jpg

Edited by Colonel(Ret.)Wes

John/Jeff; Ida is at home preparing our kitchen for a total renovation beginning in two weeks. She gently urged me to go on this cruise so she could have the time to pack the kitchen and not have to answer the, "whats for dinner, question" most nites.

Silver Cloud Crew Member Profile.

Felt compelled to profile the Head Sommelier after I found out earlier in the week when profiling other Silver Cloud crew members that Natalia was the wife of Robin (Silver Cloud Provisions store manager)

Please meet Natalia Nedumanile the Head Sommelier on board and wife of one of our previously profiled crew members, Robin Nedumanile

Nataliia has been with Silversea for over seven years. She is married to Robin and they have a five year old daughter that stays with Natalia’s parents in the Ukraine when they both at sea on one of the Silversea ships. Natalia and Robin keep in touch with their daughter thru Skype and she tells me her daughter understands they are away for a long trip, however she loves the presents they bring her when their contracts end.

Natalia is responsible for the Wine service onboard including managing the revenue purchased from wine sales from the Connoisseur’s wine list. Natalia likes best about working for SS is the company takes good care of the crew and synchronizes Robin and her contracts so they can serve on the same ship together. The Nedumanile's are outstanding Cloud crew members who provide Silversea double the service.

Plan to next profile member(s) of the Deck Washing crew—see them doing their hard work daily (from 5a.m., until 11 a.m.

crew001_zpsbfdab0ba.jpg

John/Jeff; Ida is at home preparing our kitchen for a total renovation beginning in two weeks. She gently urged me to go on this cruise so she could have the time to pack the kitchen and not have to answer the, "whats for dinner, question" most nites.

Lucky both of you .... redesigning a kitchen is one of the most sublime occupations in the world. The opportunity too rarely occurs.

I do hope we get some piccies.

Mind those pavements in Cadiz Wes, they are very slippy for reasons you will certainly hear for yourself! ;)

Wes, as your man on the ground I hope you have a large budget for a bit of a fashion revamp when you hit Cadiz. It is the Paris Fashions of Spain.

Some examples from our last SS stopoff ....

Brace yourself!

09050033_zpse1830ebb.jpg

09050034_zpsfc93002d.jpg

09050031_zpse2934bd5.jpg

JEFF,

Did you ever save up and get the complete shirt or are you still wearing the collar and cuffs and doing that brown corduroy jacket up

Emtbsam, yes Robin and Natalia will be on board for the Charter--they have four more months on the Cloud. Jeff...thanks for the tip..on my walk/run will look for deals.

Another wonderful dinner in La Terraza tonight as they changed the menu for the third time. Enjoyed an outstanding Saltimbocca Alla Romana paired with a delightful 2010 Tignanello. Sorry no pix was to busy enjoying the company of PB from DC (Richard & Perry) and another cruiser I met in Body Sculpt boot camp on board.

Below are some pix from Yoga at sea on board the cloud. Last below is a pix of the Paraguayan Harpist who entertained us tonight:

yoga006_zpsc834d24e.jpg

yoga003_zps180230fc.jpg

harp003_zpsd351b8ef.jpg

Wes, really enjoying your pictures and commentary. Keep 'em coming. We're wondering who will still be on board when we arrive on the June 9 sailing. Will David Lawton still be there (we hope), and how about Clive (we want to hear the kangaroo story!). And Captain Sangiocomo?

Cheers, B.V.

Edited by Bon.Vivant

B.V, will see the Hotel Director later this morning and find out about key crew availability thru June and report back.

Good Morning from Cadiz Spain.

Home of Gypsies, bulls, flamenco, and horses--Andalusa is the Spain of story and song. Plan to see via morning walk and afternoon jogging tour--Cadiz's Gran Teatro, Manues de Falla, Museo de las Cortes, Torre Tavira, and Alcazar. In the mean time pls enjoy daily T shirt pix of English/USA david and sunrise as we enter the port of Cadiz.

cl12004_zpsf5954d31.jpg

cl12008_zpsf91d1af7.jpg

Please enjoy some pix of Cadiz taken this morning during a Cadiz walk/run. First pix is of very nice Cadiz park (note the oranges in the tree upper right).

cadizam003_zpsac98d527.jpg

This is a picture of Santa Teresa Chruch:

cadizam009_zps1a27a4b8.jpg

Picture of Castillo de Santa Catalina:

cadizam014_zps753ec3ed.jpg

La Caleta

cadizam021_zpsd1e55602.jpg

View of Castillio de Santa Catalina from a half mile walk along La Caleta:

cadizam023_zpsf5ae0e6c.jpg

Silver Cloud Crew Member Profiles

Today let’s meet the exceptional Cloud Laundry team led by Azis and supervised by Girish Rai (Guest Operations Chief).

cadizam026_zps3173bb3c.jpg

Azis and his team is responsible for washing about 1000 Towels and lines daily as well as doing laundry/pressing for 40-50 bags of laundry turned in by guests. For example, I turn in about a dozen items daily for laundry/pressing. Therefore, the Laundry team also takes care of about 500-700 guest clothing items daily. Told Azis thank you for taking such good care of my laundry, his team makes me feel like it’s Christmas day each afternoon as I open my freshly laundered present sent directly from the Cloud Laundry Team.

Azis:

cadizam032_zps3188e1a2.jpg

Azis is the Master of the Cloud Laundry team, he is now working under his second contract. He is married and his wife is expecting their first child. Azis keeps in touch with his family via Skype and email. What Azis likes most about working on Silversea is the good salary, he likes the friendly nature of Corporate Silversea, and he likes the warmth and friendliness of his.

Additional pix of the Cloud superstar laundry team below:

cadizam030_zps1a9a331f.jpg

cadizam027_zpse5869f17.jpg

Girish (The officer third from left in Laundry team group photo in above post) has been with Silversea for over five years. Girish proudly tells me he has a beautiful wife and one child. Girish duties include; officer in charge of all Butlers/suite attendants, supervision of the cleanliness of Guest areas on the ship. What Girish likes most about working on Silversea is the challenge to provide Guests the best service. He works to make sure his team meets guest standards so as to fulfill their promise to all guests.

Additional Team Members at work in the Deck 2 laundry area:

cadizam029_zps54afb146.jpg

cadizam026_zps3be603c3.jpg

Edited by Host Dan

English/USA appears to have quite the collection of t-shirts! They've all been unique and witty.

y!

I wonder if English has one that I saw recently,it was just four words

Whale

Oil

Beef

Hooked

Utter them in quick succession.i think it has an Irish slant to it.:)

I wonder if English has one that I saw recently,it was just four words

Whale

Oil

Beef

Hooked

Utter them in quick succession.i think it has an Irish slant to it.:)

That shirt would be a perfect match for the one he wore last week:

Whiskey

Tango

Foxtrot

It's nice to finally know the real meaning behind the acronym. :D