Bringing drinks back aboard at Labadee

My thoughts exactly - leftover BBQ? Yuck. Unfinished Labadoozie? What could anyone want to bring back?

The title is drinks. If you pay $8 for a drink why wouldn't you want to finish it.

We've brought bottled water back on board. Security did not seem to care.

Same here. There were only two of us in our Cabana and we only used two of the provided large bottles of Evian water in the cooler. We took the rest back to the ship (unopened - although I am not sure that matters). Security didn't blink an eye.

Dan.

Same here. There were only two of us in our Cabana and we only used two of the provided large bottles of Evian water in the cooler. We took the rest back to the ship (unopened - although I am not sure that matters). Security didn't blink an eye.

Dan.

That's what I'm thinking.

Bottled water only and they check that for alcohol. Namely Vodka.
There is nowhere in the Labadee compound to buy vodka (other than by the glass at ship prices) and you can't leave the compound. Where is this vodka coming from:confused: Surely no one is buy shots of vodka at $6-$8-up a shot to pour in a water bottle and take back to the ship. I can see monitoring vodka smuggling at other ports, but not Labadee.

Thom

I don't think i've ever posted a negative comment on CC, but I find this thread kinda weird...

I mean if you are not finished yet, just finish it before you go through security. If you can't finish it, I'm sure DH can!

I am sure if you had a full drink they would not mind since royal received the money for it. Because at the end of the day the policy is there because of money.

I'm glad somebody else has a problem with this stupid rule!!!!

Last month I had a big argument with a security man at Labadee bc they would not let me carry my barbeque lunch back on the ship. I was full but not done and there are starving people all over Haiti so why do I have to toss it??? It cost them more to make double the food bc they made me throw it away.

It came off the ship kitchen so why I cannot bring it back on with me??? The policy is so stupid!!! I complained on the ship and they were not helpful!

I'm glad somebody else has a problem with this stupid rule!!!!

Last month I had a big argument with a security man at Labadee bc they would not let me carry my barbeque lunch back on the ship. I was full but not done and there are starving people all over Haiti so why do I have to toss it??? It cost them more to make double the food bc they made me throw it away.

It came off the ship kitchen so why I cannot bring it back on with me??? The policy is so stupid!!! I complained on the ship and they were not helpful!

Wait, you complained that you could not bring the cold bbq lunch back on board?!?!

I think if they handed out free drinks someone would complain about it...

Edited by mpoole3

Wait, you complained that you could not break the cold bbq lunch back on board?!?!

I think if they handed out free drinks someone would complain about it...

They do... haven't you read the complaints about the old "La-Terrible" in the DL/CL ;) :D?

They do... haven't you read the complaints about the old "La-Terrible" in the DL/CL ;) :D?

You know the guest services staff just laughs after each shift.

"I can't believe I couldn't bring my bbq lunch back on board! I mean I know it's 3 hours old but still!"

"Why are you handing out cheap free drinks and the CL/DL?!"

AHHHH It's vacation. Enjoy yourself and move with the flow!

did it not occur to you that you can order another labadoozie on board? I have to shake my head at people not following the guidelines. if the sign says no food or drinks its for a reason and just because it came off the ship doesn't make it ok to break the rules. We have drank up our labadoozies standing in line....