Condolences to Sail7seas

mamaofami

Today is one year since I lost my Robert.

I thank CC and so many here as coming to the boards so often has helped me on many a 'blue day'.

When I need to refocus my mind, CC and HAL is often the place I turn.

For those that knew him, please think a kind thought for my dear, dear DH I miss so much.

I didn't know him, but many kind thoughts for Robert. Hugs and warm wishes to you as well. I know today is a hard day for you.

Deb

Brings tears to my eyes. Fond memories will be with you always of your best friend.

You have been such an inspiration to me, and value all your insite and experience on CC board with HAL.

A toast in your husband honor from my husband andme.

Sweet sailings on your next cruise with your dear friends Sail!

God bless you today and always.

Denise

My most sincere thoughts are with you today as well. It is good that you will again return to cruising on Norwegian Dawn.

I lost my best cruising friend, my Mother, 3 months prior to a booked Veendam cruise. I did consider: should I cancel? I decided no; she would want me to continue to enjoy the pleasures of cruising and traveling---just as she had taught my brother and me.

I sailed; it was a wonderful cruise! And, on each subsequent cruise since, she is with me in thought, if not in spirit.

I hope your next step in recovery will be to return to HAL. Maybe Maasdam? Or, given your husband's and your history with the Noordam, maybe Noordam?

Edited by rkacruiser

My most sincere thoughts are with you today as well. It is good that you will again return to cruising on Norwegian Dawn.

I lost my best cruising friend, my Mother, 3 months prior to a booked Veendam cruise. I did consider: should I cancel? I decided no; she would want me to continue to enjoy the pleasures of cruising and traveling---just as she had taught my brother and me.

I sailed; it was a wonderful cruise! And, on each subsequent cruise since, she is with me in thought, if not in spirit.

I hope your next step in recovery will be to return to HAL. Maybe Maasdam? Or, given your husband's and your history with the Noordam, maybe Noordam?

My thoughts are with you... wish I could tell you it gets easier, but.........and I am glad you will be sailing again soon.

You are special to so many of us Sail and we cannot imagine this board without you. My sincere condolences and kind thoughts for you. Thank you for being you and for your contributions to this board.

Sail, like the rest of your "friends" on these boards I send to you "hugs and good thoughts" We stand with you as you go thru this difficult period in your life. We look forward to hear how your future cruise goes.

Helen

My thoughts are with you today. Being new to the HAL Boards, I didn't realise that you only lost your beloved Robert last year. It must have been an incredibly difficult year for you, but one which you have survived. He would be very proud of you deciding to go on another cruise. It will also be a testing time for you, but from reading your posts you are an amazing lady with many hidden strengths. i have said a prayer for Robert, and for you today, and may you go ahead with the next chapter in your life knowing that he is still with you. Jen.

What lovely messages. I thank you so sincerely for each of them. They mean a lot to me. This past year and has been so long yet also went by so fast. How can it be a year? How can it be only one year?

Many thanks.

I don't get over to this board very often, but I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband last year. I will remember you in my prayers today. I know this must have been a challenging year for you.

I think your dear Robert would want you to cruise again and he will once again be with you in the memories you shared in cruising. Blessings to you!

Dear Sail,

Can hardly believe it has been a year---the hardest year of your life I'm sure. You are so much in my thoughts and prayers today as you begin this new year, with new possibilities, plans, advice and travels!! So many of us on this board are loving you and encouraging you, and can't wait to hear a review or report from your upcoming NCL cruise! Your sweet DH would be the very first one cheering you on.

Barb

(who SO hopes to meet you one day on a cruise, so that I can thank you in person for your wise advice and your example of grace under fire here on this board!!)

I started to cry for you this morning. Your posts have always been appreciated for the information, advice, and viewpoints that really help with the cruise experience for so many of us. Thank you.

It's so difficult a time and one never knows what to say. We believe our lives go on in some way somewhere but it's hard to be without our loved ones.

Hoping the memories of your lives together will warm your heart and knowing that your Robert's passing first, spared him the pain you're going through now.

God bless us all for the strength to live through these times when they come.

Andrea

/Alonzo, Barb, Jade, Andrea and Roy....

Some very moving comments which I truly appreciate.

Roy...... Yes, I booked that NCL cruise and will sail with my friends. :) I've had lots of encouragement from both CC friends and those in my 'real life'. :) So far, I am still happy I have made that booking. I never thought I would be sailing NCL rather than HAL but under these circumstances it seems a cautious way to get back to sailing. Hopefully I'll be back to blue hulled beauties very soon.

Thanks for asking.

Edited by sail7seas

Dear Judy, have been thinking about you this week..The year seemed to go by in a flash..

Sending an Irish Blessing to you

"May brooks and trees and singing hills, Join in the chorus too.

And every gentle wind that blows, Send happiness to you."

My thoughts & prayers are with you & hope that those wonderful memories of Robert will help to comfort you..

Dear Judy, have been thinking about you this week..The year seemed to go by in a flash..

Sending an Irish Blessing to you

"May brooks and trees and singing hills, Join in the chorus too.

And every gentle wind that blows, Send happiness to you."

My thoughts & prayers are with you & hope that those wonderful memories of Robert will help to comfort you..

Thank you, Betty.

While we are not Irish, one of Robert's favorite prayers was "May the Road Rise to Meet You". He first heard it from a speaker at one of his graduation ceremonies and it touched him so much he had it printed, framed and hung on his office wall. I removed it when I closed his office and have it in my home.

Thank you, Betty.

While we are not Irish, one of Robert's favorite prayers was "May the Road Rise to Meet You". He first heard it from a speaker at one of his graduation ceremonies and it touched him so much he had it printed, framed and hung on his office wall. I removed it when I closed his office and have it in my home.

You are welcome Judy.. We're not Irish either, but I too love the prayer, "May the Road Rise up to Meet You".. We had a beloved Irish Sister-in Law, who passed away in 2013.. She gave us a framed copy of that prayer & we always kept it by the front door of our home..