What is the 50% off special?

hollon

As in all things related to Royal Caribbean, it seems to be completely random :)

For the cruise I booked back in March, mine along with all 6 other cabins booked at the time are all cheaper now than they were then. Seems to be about $250-$400 depending on cabin and # of passengers. Base prices went up but now the discount on the second is better, etc. So TA is working on rebooking all of those.

On the cruise I have been watching but have not yet booked, its about the same as it was, probably going to book anyway just to get it locked in and then see what happens.

Thanks, but in that case it's really not a sale if the average price per person is more than it was a few days ago. Not for a 4 day cruise.[/

Sorry for trying to help. Perhaps if you had mentioned somewhere in your previous 2 posts that a few days ago the price was $400 I would have understood better. I was only trying to clarify what you posted.

Perhaps you should reread my post that you seemed to have quoted above. But since your confused I will break it down for you. It states that this is not a sale because the average price they were currently giving me ($524) was less a few days ago. Maybe you should read all of the post including the ones I was responding to.

As far as help, I am always accepting of help, but in this case I was making a comment about the prices and not asking for advice. But usually when people offer help they do not begin by making assumptions that someone is confused and that they can not do basic math ( the need to round to the next $). Thanks anyway, but in the future try not to insult the intelligence of others when you help.

well, this sale works for me:D.....10 nights for the 2 of us $1178 total w/all fees and taxes on the Grandeur out of Baltimore (granted a large interior, but works for me, considering the time of year:D) plus no airfare or pre-cruise hotel.

So "I'll take all that I can, give nothing back":p

I called Crown and Anchor this morning, and I was able to cancel and rebook my March 2015 Serenade cruise to take advantage of the new buy one, get one 1/2 off sale. I saved $800, and my price for a GS is now obscenely low!:D

Since I had originally used a "Next Cruise" open booking, I won't have the $100 cabin credit, but I was able to push that booking out to 2016 so I still have it, and the agent told me I can change it as many times as I want as long as I don't cancel it completely.

Not bad for 7:15 in the morning!:)

Edited by Cindy

Was looking at the Allure for next summer out of Rome the price before the room selection was 1600 a person pick a room and click summary of charges and it goes up to 2200 person and goes up in price. Not a sale for this sailing thats for sure.

I realize that some won't see savings with this deal (it all depends on what you paid when you originally booked), but I got drops for every cruise eligible (meaning stuff that sailed after Jan 1 2015).

That's a new record for me, price drops on 4 cruises in 1 day! My TA managed to get me the drops even through the website says new bookings only.

Perhaps you should reread my post that you seemed to have quoted above. But since your confused I will break it down for you. It states that this is not a sale because the average price they were currently giving me ($524) was less a few days ago. Maybe you should read all of the post including the ones I was responding to.

As far as help, I am always accepting of help, but in this case I was making a comment about the prices and not asking for advice. But usually when people offer help they do not begin by making assumptions that someone is confused and that they can not do basic math ( the need to round to the next $). Thanks anyway, but in the future try not to insult the intelligence of others when you help.

Certainly not trying to insult your intelligence and my apologies if it came across that way the reason for rounding was it was just easier to say $700 and half of that $350 than $699 and $349.50. As others have posted the sale has saved some people money but not others and is typical of most RCI sales.

I logged into the rccl website and it says 50% 2nd person, when I go to click on it, it says page can't be loaded, has anyone logged in to see what the rules are or certain sailings for the 50% off?

Thank you hollon, you are the one that mentioned this yesterday! I went on today and saved a couple hundred and my cousin saved $420! :D

So...do you know if I'll be able to use this sale on my next cruise booking when I'm sailing next week?

Yes you will. If the price is good now you may want to book it as you never know what will happen to the rates in the next week. They could easily go up if this sale is doing well.

Certainly not trying to insult your intelligence and my apologies if it came across that way the reason for rounding was it was just easier to say $700 and half of that $350 than $699 and $349.50. As others have posted the sale has saved some people money but not others and is typical of most RCI sales.

Thanks for your apology. My reason for posting was just to indicate that not all sailings were a good deal. Perhaps I should look at some of the ones others are posting. I also apologize for making an assumption that your well intentions were bad. Thank you again. Take care.

Thanks for your apology. My reason for posting was just to indicate that not all sailings were a good deal. Perhaps I should look at some of the ones others are posting. I also apologize for making an assumption that your well intentions were bad. Thank you again. Take care.

No worries. Sorry you weren't able to get a price reduction. There are some good deals out there if you are flexible with your dates.

I have an idea! How about we all fight about it! :roll eyes:

Some sailings have a legit price drop. Some don't, and RCCL may be playing reindeer games with prices to make them look letter than they are. It doesn't mean anyone is stupid, and it's no cause for name calling or nastiness from anyone.

I am actually super excited about this sale. We are sailing with some friends an had been looking at the oasis in August. The price was expensive to begin with and then went up over the past couple weeks and now we can get it cheaper than when it was first released. Super exited that we are able to book. The cruise we wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The price on our January cruise on the ALLURE in a CLS, has steadily gone down since we booked it. We are on our FORTH price reduction. As of this morning, we have saved about $ 1200.00 since we booked. Incredible. (BTW...aft facing CLS's on the ALLURE for Jan 25th are going for about $2000.00 pp..side facing, about $2300.00)

Woohoo I saved $430.

Previously for my Galveston cruise in summer 2015 in an E3 aft corner I was ~2630 and now I am ~2200.

Yey!

I am used to cruising Disney so I have never been able to get a price reduction before. My TA was able to do it on the computer without calling and it took 2 minutes literally. I love saving 400 over 2 minutes. If I could just find other ways to gain $400 with 2 minutes time I would be a happy camper.

My january cruise on Jewel has dropped exactly the same amount as if I was to re-book with the 50% discount.

Just Phoned my TA and he doesn't see any problem applying the price drop. Just waiting for RCI to open so he can confirm.

$456 reduction.............That will pay for my drinks package and more!!:)

Clarky213, I noticed that you're from Liverpool - how were you able to get the 50% discount, do you use a TA in the US?

Gill

Since I had originally used a "Next Cruise" open booking, I won't have the $100 cabin credit, but I was able to push that booking out to 2016 so I still have it, and the agent told me I can change it as many times as I want as long as I don't cancel it completely.

I called this morning and they adjusted my prices and I still kept the NCC OBC's for all cabins on both cruises. Not sure if it is too late, but if it matters, you may want to call back.

I called this morning and they adjusted my prices and I still kept the NCC OBC's for all cabins on both cruises. Not sure if it is too late, but if it matters, you may want to call back.

Totally agree. We also had booked on a NCC. I had previously posted that I wished the OBC showed on the invoice, but upon further review it does-I had just missed it the first time looking. We would have dropped by almost $500 in a PR, but instead we used our C&A balcony discount and upgraded to an E1 for $135, and the OBC still shows on our invoice.

Anyone have any idea on how future price reductions would work for new bookings with this sale? I am looking at May 2015 12 night Scandavia and Russia balcony for two for $3,814. Didn't price before this, so don't know how much price is inflated for sale.