Carnival has one less Platinum cruiser.....

Jamman54

We are never prepared for our child to leave us behind. Letting your memories comfort you will keep Kevin alive in your heart and in your mind. I am so sorry.

My prayers are certainly with you at this time and in the future months and years. I does not get easier, but you will get through this. We never will understand the will of God, but Kevin's spirit will live on.

I am so sorry for your loss. I too know the nightmare you are living right now and praying to wake up from it. Please know that you are not walking alone this is your loss so please talk to each other and promise each other that no matter what you are in this together there will be Kevin days and yes you can cry yourself dry. Everyone grieves differently THERE IS NO RIGHT WAY just your way. His friends will have amazing stories to tell because a young mans life is not about mom and dad these last few yrs haha. As you struggle with the whys???,if only please know this will only play with your mind and not bring him back so celebrate your amazing sons amazing life and love of you and your family because he was so full of life because he had amazing loving family. Now that's amazing. I have enclosed a poem that was written for my son who also died in a car accident by a Lady who I had never met but was a friend of my friend. Prayers and hugs from my family to yours with lots of love. Steffany

In That Moment

My Child

I was there on the day your child was born. You cradled him in your arms and held him close to your heart. The bond of love between you was nothing short of a miracle…my gift to you…you looked down into his beautiful eyes and in your heart you thanked me for your precious gift. Although you could not see me, I held you both in my arms in that moment…..

You shared laughter and joy and sadness and love. The sun shone, the birds sang and the butterflies broke free of their warmth and flew amidst a gentle breeze…. and time passed. He ran and played and fell to his knees, and got up again with your loving arms to lift him. You lived in those precious moments; you felt each footprint as they walked into you heart and on toward life.

You were a gift to each other and in the moments when you were apart, you held him in your memory. He was as real to you there as if he were beside you…. so real because he was born to you! And he filled your soul with love that would remain with you for eternity.

And then the moment came when you life stood still…you cried out from the depths of your soul. You could not hear me tell that I held him. You could not hear me tell that I was there in that moment; that I was there to cradle him in my arms and hold him close for you.

You could not hear me tell you that just as I held you both when he was born… I again held you both in that moment when life stood still! That although you may not have been there with him… In that moment I held you both together in my arms!!!

And in that moment when I gave you your precious Guardian Angel to watch over you…. Together we held you for the first time……… Millie P. Lorenz

Edited by angeldog12

Prayers to you and your family during this difficult time...

Unrelated, thank you for coming here to share it with your friends. It's refreshing to see the bonds that people have formed through cruising and the lives that have been touched. It's one thing to influence the people in your life that knew you, but to possibly touch the lives of 2,400+ (currently your number of views) people that never knew you, who may have just stopped and counted their blessings, that's something...

Again, condolences...

Jamman54,Your entire family is in my thoughts and prayers. I totally understand how you and your family feel, your child and sudden death I lost my 17 year old son suddenly though it's been 10 years ago the pain is still fresh in my mind.